Page 589 of 669 FirstFirst ... 89489539579585586587588589590591592593599639 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,835 of 10026

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    What happened to Shaw was not justice though...it did not sent a message that what he did was wrong and he is being held accountable for all to see. It was revenge and politics plain and simple.

And what happened with Empath was no better. He is a selfish little prick who is never going to learn so long as he is coddled by those like Emma who think he is someone that can be used for her purposes.

The main issue in both cases is that Krakoa needs to have a law that mutants cannot harm each other or there will be consequences...and until there is a law and consequences for breaking it are shown to the people then mutants will continue to prey on each other.
    The Shaw thing was clearly asked to be handled in house. Empath on the other hand I would agree could use more help making a new law isn't going to help his mental state which is the real issue.

The problem is there are certain mutants who's powers are tied to praying on other mutants. Heck Krakoa its self needs to feed on other mutants. So the whole "harm no mutant" law just isn't really taking into account all of mutant kind and their different powers. Respect this land imo does what you are asking. If you are going around like a mad person killing or harming everyone then you can be dealt with accordingly but again that isn't the norm.

Your 2 examples are not of mutants being outspoken on why they think Krakoa is wrong. One guy who did not talk bad about it and just prefers Otherworld and Brand who is...well....Brand. She puts the solar system above all and would happily take out Krakoa itself if she had to. Realistically there would be those who would be against it who are not anti-mutant humans like Orchis or FoH or the like...just people who have their own, non-malicious reasons for being against it.
    Then they wouldn't be on Krakoa in the first place. The council isn't going to suddenly banish mutants who haven't broken the laws just because some citizens are uncomfortable being around them when the island itself is so big.

Especially when the majority of the council are former villains themselves.

They have already faced multiple invasions from different factions since Krakoa has been started. I just don't think these villains that haven't broken the three laws yet are at the top of their list of concerns.

A Jean Grey school and a Professor X school should exist simultaneously.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    A Jean Grey school and a Professor X school should exist simultaneously.
    Why should they exist anywhere when all they do is generate grief. Better to review the whole concept.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 01-13-2022 at 05:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Why should they exist anywhere when all they do is generate grief. Better to review the whole concept.
    Schools only lead to cannon fodder.

Incredible Member

Clean slate is fine...but there needs to be a point where those villains revert to type and are held accountable

Shaw kills Kitty...is there justice? No. There is Kitty and Emma getting revenge and what they personally want out of it. What should have happened is that the QC should have been informed and Shaw should have been put in the Pit.

Empath goes around using his powers to manipulate and abuse people. Should he go in the Pit? No. But how about some sort or treatment for his stunted emotional growth. Put an inhibitor on him and get him some serious therapy so that he has a more healthy grasp of his emotions before removing the inhibitor.

If Krakoa is not going to hold mutants accountable for mutant on mutant crime...is it really a safe and healthy place for mutants to be?

I agree with you that there should not be an anti-Krakoa mutant on the X-Men. But why shouldn't that be portrayed in the X-books overall? Why shouldn't Firestar be vocal about issues of having people like Emma (a manipulative and outright evil bitch) or Mystique (who sold out mutant kind by working for the U.S. Government tracking down and capturing mutants who refused to register) on the QC. Or any mutant speaking out about any of the evil POSs on the QC. Shaw who made a fortune selling Sentinels to the U.S. Gov or Sinister who isn't really a mutant and is responsible for the Mutant Massacre?

Don't get me wrong...I want to see that outside the X-Books as well and there are probably some great stories that could be told about mutants who aren't drinking the Krakoa-Kool-Aid. How does Vance Astrovik feel about it...let's fave it he is probably one of the most high profile mutants in 616. Or what if She Hulk was to defend a mutant in court who kills a human in self defense..and the mutant wants nothing to do with Krakoa and even makes a statement that "Krakoan amnesty is for mass murdering psychopaths to hide behind like gutless cowards".

And what does Firestar even think about Krakoa because she has literally never been shown having an opinion and has only been seen in group background shots. I really do hope that if she wins we get to see her as her own person and not screw her over like they did with Kitty who is now besties with Emma after all the shit Emma put her through as a kid. But quite frankly as much as I love Angelica and want her in an ongoing...During this Krakoan nonsense I want her far away from it.
    Who would care how Vance Astrovik would feel about it?. The guy has no real ties to mutants who would support/be attracted to Krakoa by his own choices.

Eh I think they do more good than harm.

Extraordinary Member

Who would care how Vance Astrovik would feel about it?. The guy has no real ties to mutants who would support/be attracted to Krakoa by his own choices.
    Vance is a known, prominent mutant...for many reasons. At the founding of Krakoa he would have been someone the media would reach out to for an opinion.

Vance is a known, prominent mutant...for many reasons. At the founding of Krakoa he would have been someone the media would reach out to for an opinion.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG Dude you have no idea how loud I laughed when I read this comment holy smokes. I can hear the reporters asking the question

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG Dude you have no idea how loud I laughed when I read this comment holy smokes. I can hear the reporters asking the question
    I'm being serious. Out of universe I get that he is not that popular...but in universe? Public murder trial and 4 books written about him, member of the Avengers, working with Child Watch....The questions would be about Krakoan Amnesty and if it would wipe out his murder conviction or about mutant children (minors) and their ability to travel to and from Krakoa with regards to interference in parental rights.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 01-14-2022 at 06:29 AM.

Clean slate is fine...but there needs to be a point where those villains revert to type and are held accountable

Shaw kills Kitty...is there justice? No. There is Kitty and Emma getting revenge and what they personally want out of it. What should have happened is that the QC should have been informed and Shaw should have been put in the Pit.

Empath goes around using his powers to manipulate and abuse people. Should he go in the Pit? No. But how about some sort or treatment for his stunted emotional growth. Put an inhibitor on him and get him some serious therapy so that he has a more healthy grasp of his emotions before removing the inhibitor.

If Krakoa is not going to hold mutants accountable for mutant on mutant crime...is it really a safe and healthy place for mutants to be?
    Why would there be justice on Krakoa? It’s essentially a narco-terrorist state with the equivalent of dozens of WMD systems with which it threatens all who oppose its policies. They’re not going to have a real organized, strong or effective judicial system when it’s heads of state are super villains.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Why would there be justice on Krakoa? It’s essentially a narco-terrorist state with the equivalent of dozens of WMD systems with which it threatens all who oppose its policies. They’re not going to have a real organized, strong or effective judicial system when it’s heads of state are super villains.
    That's my point...all the pro-Krakoa folks saying how great it is to not have to be preyed on by homicidal, racist humans....but pay no attention to all the predatory mutants running around who will abuse you for their own ends.

That's my point...all the pro-Krakoa folks saying how great it is to not have to be preyed on by homicidal, racist humans....but pay no attention to all the predatory mutants running around who will abuse you for their own ends.
    You have a warped view of what Krakoa is. It's not like people are just walking down the street and crimes are just happening and no one is helping.

Mastermind- Hey there everybody everyone doing ok
    Random mutants- ...oh hey mastermind
    Mastermind- So if you don't mind I'll be sexually assaulting a few of you today ok
    Random mutants- Oh darn I guess it's not against the law. Hope it doesn't hurt to much

*Assault later*

X-men show up - Hey Mastermind we heard what you did.
    Mastermind- So didn't break a law
    X-men- Well you got us your free to go but please try not to do that.

That's how you guys seem to think Krakoa is working right now

The Xmen flourish best in a science fiction set up story not as conventional superheroes. You can still have bits of heroic moments too and maybe a bit of politics.
    Also, I particularly don't mind the simultaneous existence of the school as long as the students don't become cannon fodder. The only thing I don't like about the school is that the idea came from the Fox movies ( from what I heard)

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcansfire View Post
    The Xmen flourish best in a science fiction set up story not as conventional superheroes. You can still have bits of heroic moments too and maybe a bit of politics.
    Also, I particularly don't mind the simultaneous existence of the school as long as the students don't become cannon fodder. The only thing I don't like about the school is that the idea came from the Fox movies ( from what I heard)
    To be honest the whole MU work better if they leave a little the world out of the window and go for full dystopia science fiction. Of course mileage may vary a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcansfire View Post
    … In the past, we had both: travel in space, in hell, in legendary countries and fights against villains…

What I don’t like, it’s this politicization of the characters. Like the X-men can only belong to underdogs and pariahs, and not to everyone… They lose their personality when they are considered only as mutants…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe