Page 596 of 663 FirstFirst ... 96496546586592593594595596597598599600606646 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,940 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Honest question, how much of that had to do with Storm
    Not much, morrison run was too dark for me. Jean and Scott are my second and third faves and every time i checked in it was just not for me. Mutants truly were supremacists at that time, even the covers were like date of death for humans. And on top of that there was very little diversity in morrison run or whedon run but i've gotten other runs that had storm no where in sight.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-29-2022 at 01:22 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quentin should have turned out to be Jean's Mummudrai. Theres just no saving the dude now. I can't imagine most writers even wanting to take a crack at him going forward. I could be completely wrong and i use to like Quentin but at this point yeesh.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Quentin should have turned out to be Jean's Mummudrai. Theres just no saving the dude now. I can't imagine most writers even wanting to take a crack at him going forward. I could be completely wrong and i use to like Quentin but at this point yeesh.
    What he do now? I’ve thought writers would have wanted to give him a break after having the same “dickhead with a soft side” arc for several runs in a row but he kept getting use.

Astonishing Member

So based on the latest issue of Sabretooth and revelations of why Three Eye is in the pit aid say it’s pretty clear the Quiet Council or at least everyone’s favorite duo are not a fan of family planning, contraceptives, or abortions if they reacted that harshly to what Three Eye did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    What he do now? I’ve thought writers would have wanted to give him a break after having the same “dickhead with a soft side” arc for several runs in a row but he kept getting use.
    It was just another. "oh don't have faith, but yet i got to be strong i'm the coolest guy ever, i'm the strongest omega, i'm beyond omega, i'm beyond letter X, i'm going to be the strongest bestest mutant ever." *dies* it's just beyond torturing a character at this point. Like stick a fork in it it been well done.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

It was just another. "oh don't have faith, but yet i got to be strong i'm the coolest guy ever, i'm the strongest omega, i'm beyond omega, i'm beyond letter X, i'm going to be the strongest bestest mutant ever." *dies* it's just beyond torturing a character at this point. Like stick a fork in it it been well done.
    The issue with this is the writers will never let any change stick, and our stretching the arc out even longer than normal which aggravates how tired and repititive this feels. Essentially how they've done the Stepford Cuckoos essentially every time they use them.

Astonishing Member

I'm about to commit apparent blasphemy but i'm loyal to a good writer and ride or die. When i say i read 85% of Xmen stuff i only read like 20% of morrison stuff and i didn't read whedon stuff until after it finished. I was one of the undesirables, YES, i was one of the ones who followed Claremont's runs and didn't consider him the "side" writer during the Morrison and Whedon years, his book was the main line to me because it was the book that i would go to buy and got the quality i was looking for. Random unpopular opinion confession.

I did try it though, Morrison run in particular was not for me. Some standout issues but hey, i consider it what everyone expects to win an oscar with.
    Yeah, I'm there with you. I read X-Treme instead of New. It just seemed like more fun. I mean, a globetrotting treasure hunt! Come on! I did read Whedon's when it was going, though.

Honestly, I don't have much luck with Morrison comics. Not JLA, not New X-Men, not Multiversity. I did manage to read the TPB of All Star Superman, but that's now the exception that proves the rule. There's just something about his style and sense of voice that feels off to me. When I read Morrison's stuff, it always "reads weird" to me. I don't know how else to explain it.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Not much, morrison run was too dark for me. Jean and Scott are my second and third faves and every time i checked in it was just not for me. Mutants truly were supremacists at that time, even the covers were like date of death for humans. And on top of that there was very little diversity in morrison run or whedon run but i've gotten other runs that had storm no where in sight.
    As someone who LOVED NXM, and re-read it recently I completely understand every complaint about that run. Morrison is a great writer, but again as a fan of NXM, I think he was incredibly pretentious and had absolutely little, if any, respect for the property he was writing.

I often, get onto Williams for projecting her own personal views onto characters and forcing them into situations she thinks the character should be in, instead of the story informing those decisions.

Morrison did the exactly same things, he just has a mastery of stitching together an abundance of different ideas and themes.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 07-01-2022 at 02:19 PM.

The current Krakoa era of the X-Men really isn't doing it for me and I wouldn't mind a more back-to-basic approach for the team. Preferably without the people currently working on X-Books because I don't think any of them should handle it.

And an even more unpopular opinion, I think the Bendis era of the X-Men was more interesting than the Krakoa era.
    Last edited by KC; 07-09-2022 at 05:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Now that resurrection is out I want to see protest of people who lost loved ones to mutant attacks by Magneto and the Brotherhood, Apocalypse, the MLF, etc...at Krakoan Gates around the world. Banners with slogans like "the terrorist murderer gets resurrected...but my daughter he murdered does not".

Clan Akkabba should be one of the most powerful organizations in the Marvel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    The current Krakoa era of the X-Men really isn't doing it for me and I wouldn't mind a more back-to-basic approach for the team. Preferably without the people currently working on X-Books because I don't think any of them should handle it.

And an even more unpopular opinion, I think the Bendis era of the X-Men was more interesting than the Krakoa era.
    I think the Bendis era had a somewhat interesting set-up but he wasn't allowed to deliver on it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Now that resurrection is out I want to see protest of people who lost loved ones to mutant attacks by Magneto and the Brotherhood, Apocalypse, the MLF, etc...at Krakoan Gates around the world. Banners with slogans like "the terrorist murderer gets resurrected...but my daughter he murdered does not".
    I doubt the current authors are caring for the big picture. They didn’t care for the continuity to begin with…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I doubt the current authors are caring for the big picture. They didn’t care for the continuity to begin with…
    Which is what I consider one of the biggest problems and why I want to see mutants (NOT X-MEN!!!) handled outside the X-Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Which is what I consider one of the biggest problems and why I want to see mutants (NOT X-MEN!!!) handled outside the X-Books.
    Yeah, It used to be that "Mutant" was a valid origin for random supers. Sure, X-Men were Mutants, but they weren't sequestered to just X-stuff.