Page 601 of 668 FirstFirst ... 101501551591597598599600601602603604605611651 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 10014
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Because it's kinda coming up again in Judgement Day: I wish the X-Office would decide whether Mutants are hated and feared or the envied celebrity elite rulers of the solar system that everyone wants to be. It's confusing when they're both on Vanity Fair covers or like a put upon group that can't get a leg up in the world

Like are they oppressed or are they all powerful omnipotent world conquerors?
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 09-24-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Because it's kinda coming up again in Judgement Day: I wish the X-Office would decide whether Mutants are hated and feared or the envied celebrity elite rulers of the solar system that everyone wants to be. It's confusing when they're both on Vanity Fair covers or like a put upon group that can't get a leg up in the world

Like are they oppressed or are they all powerful omnipotent world conquerors?
    They can be both hated by some and envied by others. And just because Beyoncé is in the cover of Vanity Fair and has a bazillion dollars doesn't mean racism is solved.

Yeah but this would be like if every black person had Beyonce's resources and never wanted for food or money and lived in Martha's Vineyard or Hawaii. And also could go to space whenever they wanted and would live forever.

Yeah but this would be like if every black person had Beyonce's resources and never wanted for food or money and lived in Martha's Vineyard or Hawaii. And also could go to space whenever they wanted and would live forever.
    Not only the X-Men don't have to be a precise analogy for real life prejudice (just the fact they superpowers gets in the way of that), but this can work to show prejudice and hate as well: there's a lot of people that are against oppressed minorities suffering violence, but would react with anger and jealousy if those same minorities strike it rich and don't need help anymore, even if they begun to help other people with their money, as Krakoa is

I'm just saying "oppressed" and "can go to the Met Gala for free" don't really line up. Like Thor or other gods (which the Mutants now see themselves) or immortal characters go around about how oppressed they are

I'm just saying "oppressed" and "can go to the Met Gala for free" don't really line up. Like Thor or other gods (which the Mutants now see themselves) or immortal characters go around about how oppressed they are
    The mutants that saw themselves as Gods are all people with supremacist views.

And, like I said, we're in a different stage: the Krakoa era is not about how people react to minorities today (although the way they acted at Marvel, it was usually how they reacted 100 years ago), but how they would react if the minorities got a respite and the upper hand for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The mutants that saw themselves as Gods are all people with supremacist views.

And, like I said, we're in a different stage: the Krakoa era is not about how people react to minorities today (although the way they acted at Marvel, it was usually how they reacted 100 years ago), but how they would react if the minorities got a respite and the upper hand for once.
    Are you suggesting that Storm has supremacist views?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Storm really is a different case, because of her origin was literally being worshipped as a goddess, apparently in Coates' run she had literally become one or something (I already had dropped it at point). But Magneto, Apocalypse, etc, certainly fit

The funniest part in essence Magneto saying we are your new gods now essentially means you won't see or speak to us anymore which is exactly what happened when they moved to krakoa ( i mean the everyday people). lmao. sure people can infer whatever they want but in the literal sense we may feel gods presence but if you ask someone what he looks or sounds like they won't say "magneto telling me he's a mutant."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't have minded the New Gods stuff, the part in the same issue where Magneto is talking about enacting what in real life were conspiracy theories used by the nazis to justify throwing various people in Concentration Camps, including Magneto himself (And before someone tries to fact check, yes I know that the Nazi's used different excuses for throwing the Romani in, but same principle) that was what set off alarm bells about that issue.

New Mutants is a better mutant franchise than X-Men.

Namor is too good for Krakoa. Unlike the majority of QC he isn't much of a backstabber. He is the type of guy who stabs you while looking directly into your eyes and laughing to your face. He is much more honest about where he stands and what his priorities are compared to most of the QC. On the other hand I think he'd like the Arakkii much more if he had met them.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    She did compare humans to insects in the X-Men/Man-Thing crossover

Astonishing Member

She did compare humans to insects in the X-Men/Man-Thing crossover
    Please tell me there’s context.

Or that it’s something that’s dreamt up like that time an acquaintance thought there was a comic where Emma Frist lectured Luke Cage on how he shouldn’t abuse his human privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Please tell me there’s context.

Or that it’s something that’s dreamt up like that time an acquaintance thought there was a comic where Emma Frist lectured Luke Cage on how he shouldn’t abuse his human privilege.
    Yes there is. Exodus and Sinister were saying they should let humans die off, and Storm was advocating to save them and was giving an “all lives are precious” argument.