Page 634 of 669 FirstFirst ... 134534584624630631632633634635636637638644 ... LastLast
Results 9,496 to 9,510 of 10028

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Don’t know if its unpopular but both scott and logan were better off when jean was death especially scott. And scott may not like utopia era scoot but in imo it was great character progression from 90’s scott into the 10’s
    Hate to say it, but totally agree. Doesn't mean Jean had to stay dead, but I feel like when she came back she and Scott should've just remained friends while he stayed with Emma. That relationship just always felt more real and interesting to me than him and Jean together. Not saying I necessarily want Logan and Jean together either, though. Doesn't feel like they'd ever truly let Logan settle down with one woman, and maybe just letting Jean be independent for awhile and/or date someone outside of the X-line would be best for her. In fact, one of the periods where I liked Jean best was in the late 90s when Scott was dead and she and Ororo were running the Uncanny squad with Cable, Beast and Gambit. That was a small but awesome team IMO. And I also liked that she had an actual codename and went by "Phoenix" during that period too.

“Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hate to say it, but totally agree. Doesn't mean Jean had to stay dead, but I feel like when she came back she and Scott should've just remained friends while he stayed with Emma. That relationship just always felt more real and interesting to me than him and Jean together. Not saying I necessarily want Logan and Jean together either, though. Doesn't feel like they'd ever truly let Logan settle down with one woman, and maybe just letting Jean be independent for awhile and/or date someone outside of the X-line would be best for her. In fact, one of the periods where I liked Jean best was in the late 90s when Scott was dead and she and Ororo were running the Uncanny squad with Cable, Beast and Gambit. That was a small but awesome team IMO. And I also liked that she had an actual codename and went by "Phoenix" during that period too.

For me Logan and Mariko made the most sense. I hear she is back these days and what little I have heard hasn't sounded interesting.

I prefer Jean away from Scott and Logan. I liked her in X-men red and I also liked that it explored her outside of that setting.

Jean is just one of those characters that has been around for decades yet she gets stuck in the same relationships.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. Logan and Mariko just worked in a way Logan's other relationships haven't. The story where she was killed off may have been good at the time, but in the long run I think it really hurt Logan as a character that she was no longer around.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Yeah. Logan and Mariko just worked in a way Logan's other relationships haven't. The story where she was killed off may have been good at the time, but in the long run I think it really hurt Logan as a character that she was no longer around.
    Mariko made him want to be a better man, which was a neat beat for Logan. I feel like nobody has had that effect on him since.

And also found Jean interesting away from Scott (and intrigued by how Scott, away from Jean, *immediately* gloms onto someone else, whether it's Lee Forrester, Madelyn or Emma, suggesting that *she* is more able to stand on her own, while Scott is more prone to falling into a new relationship quickly).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Mariko made him want to be a better man, which was a neat beat for Logan. I feel like nobody has had that effect on him since.

And also found Jean interesting away from Scott (and intrigued by how Scott, away from Jean, *immediately* gloms onto someone else, whether it's Lee Forrester, Madelyn or Emma, suggesting that *she* is more able to stand on her own, while Scott is more prone to falling into a new relationship quickly).
    Which is rather logical: Jean grew up in a loving family when Scott was an orphan. Emotionally, he is rather insecure.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Controversial opinion time:
    Fall of X is exactly what the line needed. Let's get these heavy hitters off the island for a change

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Which is rather logical: Jean grew up in a loving family when Scott was an orphan. Emotionally, he is rather insecure.
    Hmm kind of right. this explain also why he always fall back to X-men or at least some familiar version of it as well as his kind of attitude to be control freak at times.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It is probably because Jean is dead all the time and women keep throwing themselves at Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Controversial opinion time:
    Fall of X is exactly what the line needed. Let's get these heavy hitters off the island for a change
    Most of the heavy hitters are already off the island.
    Jean and Cyclops are in NYC. Braddock and Askani in the UK or in Otherworld. Storm is mostly on Arrakko. Legion too, and more and more in the astral plane.
    Now that I think about it, how many "omegas" are on Krakoa right now ? The poor island must be starving.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Most of the heavy hitters are already off the island.
    Jean and Cyclops are in NYC. Braddock and Askani in the UK or in Otherworld. Storm is mostly on Arrakko. Legion too, and more and more in the astral plane.
    Now that I think about it, how many "omegas" are on Krakoa right now ? The poor island must be starving.
    Looks like it's just the three omegas in the Five and Exodus. Maybe Quire if the old version of him sticks around.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Looks like it's just the three omegas in the Five and Exodus. Maybe Quire if the old version of him sticks around.
    Where is Hellion ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Where is Hellion ?
    In our hearts, forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Controversial opinion: I got Emma as Scott's true love and best pairing.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The whole concept of Omega mutants has got to goooooooo. It is stupid. If not go then show that when someone pushes their powers that far there are consequences. Let them run the risk of burning themselves out or crippling themselves or at least being so hard on the body it puts them into a coma. Anything just to get rid of the "all powerful they can basically do anything" story killers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The whole concept of Omega mutants has got to goooooooo. It is stupid. If not go then show that when someone pushes their powers that far there are consequences. Let them run the risk of burning themselves out or crippling themselves or at least being so hard on the body it puts them into a coma. Anything just to get rid of the "all powerful they can basically do anything" story killers.
    Cosigned. Making the characters have 'limitless' power has mostly been an excuse for writers to be lazy rather than creative, and takes away any real stakes to fights or meaning to victories.