Page 646 of 669 FirstFirst ... 146546596636642643644645646647648649650656 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,690 of 10029

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    did you read the thread about who HASn'T been res?
    Ah, no. Can you find it for me please ?
    But anyways my point is just because we haven't seen them doesn't mean they never were ressurected. We see new and old mutants pop-up here and there, in the background mainly.
    If you want an example of a rezd mutant who have no attachment to ANY council member I would point to Birdie. We didn't know she was back until the story (Orlando) needed her, but she's apparently been on Krakoa for a while.
    I don't remember the numbers in HoXPoX but it's been etablished that the 5 ressurect dozens of mutants every day and are getting better every time. It's been 3 years. Not counting holidays and various destructive events, I would say there's been around 30 000 mutants rezd. We don't have to witness every one of them.

Heck we've seen Glowworm celebrating at his bachelor party. If that's not obscure, I don't know what is.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    No one can take your own unique version of reading comprehension away from you.
    I have bad news for you about the FCBD issue about how Magnetos statements read to the rest of the world

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Mutants are classist towards metamorphs. Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Ah, no. Can you find it for me please ?
    But anyways my point is just because we haven't seen them doesn't mean they never were ressurected. We see new and old mutants pop-up here and there, in the background mainly.
    If you want an example of a rezd mutant who have no attachment to ANY council member I would point to Birdie. We didn't know she was back until the story (Orlando) needed her, but she's apparently been on Krakoa for a while.
    I don't remember the numbers in HoXPoX but it's been etablished that the 5 ressurect dozens of mutants every day and are getting better every time. It's been 3 years. Not counting holidays and various destructive events, I would say there's been around 30 000 mutants rezd. We don't have to witness every one of them.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...and-who-hasn-t

This is a list of people who we know on panel have been through the Five Protocol, either because they died and came back in the current era or they died way before and we've seen them reappear on Krakoa (Birdie, Gloworm, Changeling, the Hellions...).
    The other part of the list are (currently in books) characters who haven't died yet or got ressurected before the Protocols. The only exception are Gambit and Captain Britain, because their deaths were linked to Otherworld and had to be fixed in another way.

I don't see how that proves your point in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I have bad news for you about the FCBD issue about how Magnetos statements read to the rest of the world
    Without spoiler, you don't have to think very much to realize that statement certainly didn't sit well with any human. It wasn't meant to, tbh.
    (also that statement was already adressed and criticized in the books, notably by Magneto himself)

Eh that was a walk back on his literal deathbed years after he first said it. It's not really refuted at any point before then tbh. The thing he says as in "godhood isn't an exclusive club for humans" is kind of a huge reach
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 04-28-2023 at 09:45 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I can buy mutants as a persecuted species in the Marvel Universe, but I don't buy them as a good metaphor for any real minority, actually I feel this idea of mutants serving as a metaphor for persecuted groups is just a way of Marvel having their cake and eating it too.

Instead of using black, asian or LGBTQ+ characters they have Kit or Cyclops getting side eyed by some bigot. Instead of discussing racism or homophobia they talk about how Betsy suffers prejudice for her X-gene.
    It's not because I can understand fearing a mutant. Especially one with powers like Scott or Jean or Rogue.

Where Marvel FAILS at the persecuted group is DESPITE Scott, Jean, Rogue and even toss in Peter Parker, Dr Strange, Carol Danvers and Nova-you got folks who STILL fear Trayvon Martin because they have been conditioned by certain media let alone some communities to fear black folks.

Synch got a BEATDOWN by bigots in Generation X, bigots who saw all the rest of the team run by them in the same uniforms. They just saw a black guy and that was more than enough to attack. Not knowing what powers he might have.

Bigots that bold to attack Synch yet would they wouldn't do that to Scott, Hellion, Quinton or Logan.

Astonishing Member

Worth noting the entire thing about certain humans becoming gods is far in the past. The Egyptian cases of Pharoahs becoming deities were mostly BC. Same for pantheons like the Romans, the Buddha, Christ. The most recent example would probably the Japanese emperors.

Unless of course Magneto is talking about this weird groups of people who revere Donald Trump as a god which is Magneto wants mutants to be gods in that way…he’s welcome to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    This is a list of people who we know on panel have been through the Five Protocol, either because they died and came back in the current era or they died way before and we've seen them reappear on Krakoa (Birdie, Gloworm, Changeling, the Hellions...).
    The other part of the list are (currently in books) characters who haven't died yet or got resurrected before the Protocols. The only exception are Gambit and Captain Britain, because their deaths were linked to Otherworld and had to be fixed in another way.

I don't see how that proves your point in any way.
    now cross-reference with mutants killed off prior to the resurrection thing being a plot....

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    now cross-reference with mutants killed off prior to the resurrection thing being a plot....
    Yeah that doesn't work as we know that tons of mutants have been ressurected that we just haven't seen.
    But at this point this conversation is circular. You do you. It's just a bit surprising that of all the shady dealings of the Quiet Council, you chose to invent one XD

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Worth noting the entire thing about certain humans becoming gods is far in the past. The Egyptian cases of Pharoahs becoming deities were mostly BC. Same for pantheons like the Romans, the Buddha, Christ. The most recent example would probably the Japanese emperors.

Unless of course Magneto is talking about this weird groups of people who revere Donald Trump as a god which is Magneto wants mutants to be gods in that way…he’s welcome to it.
    You think Magneto was talking literally? Anyway it’s apparently hard for writers to give up on a bombastic Magneto…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I mean he's literally in Israel. He's not really being subtle.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    You think Magneto was talking literally? Anyway it’s apparently hard for writers to give up on a bombastic Magneto…
    Bombastic Maggie was always very entertaining.
    I miss him.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!