Page 648 of 668 FirstFirst ... 148548598638644645646647648649650651652658 ... LastLast
Results 9,706 to 9,720 of 10015

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    In the old days of Marvel, a lot of random bad guys ARE Mutants. it was a brand-wide thing back then. This was before the times when they had different editors dividing the universe into sections. Guys like Solarr? Not created as an X-character... in the comics.... but a Mutant villain. The kind of guy the Avengers(specifically Captain America) might get called to handle, and the general public might see as a reason to not like Mutants.
    I don’t like the “If some mutants are bad, you have to blame the humans because the humans persecuted them”…

Explaining the behaviour of someone based on his/her identity only is simplistic and reflects a lack of imagination from the writer.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I actually agree with this, but you tell the QC, because they didn’t make hurting or killing other mutants illegal. Apocalypse said something like it would be bad for training, lol
    Apocalypse just wanted another 12 year old to groom.

Also random murder meant nothing to him, he did nothing in the Pit but beat meatballs day and night.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

There's a lot of people shipping Kate with Rasputin and gotta say all those people are weirdo creeps to me

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    The ability to recover from harm and move past trauma doesn't render harm and trauma irrelevant.
    Thank you for this.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    There's a lot of people shipping Kate with Rasputin and gotta say all those people are weirdo creeps to me
    Specially considering Rasputin is part Kitty herself

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I actually agree with this, but you tell the QC, because they didn’t make hurting or killing other mutants illegal. Apocalypse said something like it would be bad for training, lol
    From a summary (HOX #6):
    "Which is why they have called the first meeting of the Quiet Council, Xavier remarks. He cannot say that everyone here represents the best examples of what a society should be based on but it falls on them to establish the laws of this land.

(...)

Apocalypse asks how it can be a crime to kill someone who cannot be killed. How will any of them know they are fit and worthy if they are not tested?

He cannot be serious, Storm scoffs. Equally disgusted, Marvel Girl remarks he is, but if their goal is greatness of purpose and if their undertaking is to have worth, she thinks the opposite would be true. The highest crime would be killing someone who cannot come back -- it would be a mutant killing a human.

Mystique mocks: and when the humans come for them, which they will, aren’t they going to do anything to defend themselves? Magneto differentiates that is the old argument of is it murder if it is done in defense of a nation and is not what they are talking about. Jean is right. Xavier also agrees and asks if anyone else has an argument with this. Apocalypse doesn’t care, as mankind means nothing to him. Nobody disagrees and Xavier announces one law is that mutant cannot take a human life."

Basicly the argument went like this:
    1. Mutants are "immortal" now. So it doesn't matter if they die, they just come back.
    2. Humans are not "immortal". So it matters if they die, because they don't come back.
    3. Because mutants are the "better" society now, they can't kill those who aren't "immortal".

I'm putting immortal in quotes, because they definetly aren't, since they can't come back from the dead or avoid aging by their own power and instead require complex machination to replace themself back to life. As such it seems more like the writer wanted them to appear presumptuous because of being overly confident in their new tools.

Which is one of the reasons the status quo Hickman snapped into existence didn't entice me too much.

All the heros were far too quick and willing to jump in on the "we are better" and "we are immortal now" bandwagon, despite how their personal backrounds and experiences should have made many of them either cautious of such ideas and lines of thinking or downright rejecting them.

As such they sounded to me more like different characters for a different sci-fi story about the rise and fall of a society going the way of Icarus, with such arguments as forshadowing for why they would ultimately fail, because it highlights a disconnect from their actual reality.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-01-2023 at 05:46 PM.

I'm am literally here cackling over Mother Righteous. I just want to know, if i drop something, and she picks it up, and i say Thank You. "Does she have me?" This is like the worse version of isca possible. I wonder if she just sits around thinking of ways to get people to thank her. "let me grab this chair for you..." lol

Mother Righetous will invite you to dinner and place the salt out of reach so you have to ask her to pass it and then hope you have manners.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-02-2023 at 06:34 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm am literally here cackling over Mother Righteous. I just want to know, if i drop something, and she picks it up, and i say Thank You. "Does she have me?" This is like the worse version of isca possible. I wonder if she just sits around thinking of ways to get people to thank her. "let me grab this chair for you..." lol

Mother Righetous will invite you to dinner and place the salt out of reach so you have to ask her to pass it and then hope you have manners.
    Even worse than saying “I don’t know” and getting doused in green slime.

You Can’t Do That On Krakoa!

Bwa ha ha! Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.

Now we need an appearance by Alanis Morissette.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    Even worse than saying “I don’t know” and getting doused in green slime.

You Can’t Do That On Krakoa!
    Now i'm imagining a dinner with the hellions and they are eating with mother righteous and she get's absolutely furious she does all those things and nobody says "thank you." they just say "your welcome."lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I don’t like the “If some mutants are bad, you have to blame the humans because the humans persecuted them”…

Explaining the behaviour of someone based on his/her identity only is simplistic and reflects a lack of imagination from the writer.
    real-world, it's stupid logic. But there's lots of stupid people in the world.

Astonishing Member

Its not explaining the behavior of someone based on their identity when the actual topic being explored is explaining the behavior of someone based on how their EXPERIENCES are informed by their identity. No, I don't think that every mutant villain needs to have anti-mutant bigotry be the root cause of their villainy, but acting like growing up as a mutant and experiencing persecution based on that plays no role in radicalizing a lot of anti-human mutant villains reflects just as much from fans who act like these two things aren't ever connected.

Fantastic Member

Was reading some old issues, and realized what I’m missing in modern books – narration boxes. They provided so much details and context to the actions and thoughts of characters, and made them more alive. Now we only see their actions and what they say, but rarely what they think or any explanation to why they do what they do. Would be great if Marvel brought narration boxes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Was reading some old issues, and realized what I’m missing in modern books – narration boxes. They provided so much details and context to the actions and thoughts of characters, and made them more alive. Now we only see their actions and what they say, but rarely what they think or any explanation to why they do what they do. Would be great if Marvel brought narration boxes back.
    Yep, I very much miss narration boxes and thought balloons. I liked getting into the characters' heads. It gets a bit frustrating sometimes when it always seems like the trends for what makes a "good" modern comic in the eyes of most of the fans and the industry are the opposite of what I always enjoyed about comics. I don't like the comics being so decompressed all the time, too few pages, too many splash pages, the story and plot over character style of storytelling, the lack of downtime and quiet moments, and getting rid of narration boxes, thought balloons, and lots of dialogue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

So her ultimate opponents are rude people?