Page 68 of 664 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168568 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 9959

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    marvel/disney was trying to make xmen suck so they'd be worth less to fox (conspiracy theory long ago proven as fact)
    Plus they wanted to push the Inhumans Netflix series until it bombed hard.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Storm is incredibly overrated and extremely boring.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Well, this thread was nice while it lasted. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Pray you survive what comes next...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    That's how I'd describe Cyclops. Storm just hasn't had anyone willing to give her a plot in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    That's how I'd describe Cyclops. Storm just hasn't had anyone willing to give her a plot in decades.
    I disagree that the characterization applies to either character, but I agree with you that Storm has been underutilized. Unfortunately, she got saddled with the garage IvX/Terrigen Crisis narrative.

No Cyclops was like that early imo, Then mutant revolution Cyclops gave him a lot depth and Cyclops not being mutant revolution mode and all the interactions he would have others would have been interesting as well if they kept him alive
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-05-2018 at 11:46 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No Cyclops was like that early imo, Then mutant revolution Cyclops gave him a lot depth and Cyclops not being mutant revolution mode and all the interactions he would have others would have been interesting as well if they kept him alive
    All this really means is "they focused on him alot and had him do an edgy like once". He was just as uninteresting in the "edgy and cool" era except they killed off multiple characters and centered every major thread around him to draw reactions to him.

They don't need to do that with Storm, but just give us moments ever so often that remind us that she is actually quite the warrior.

The soft, unconfident weepiness of Lemire's Storm was so lame. The terrigen plot could have been interesting as a vehicle for her, had Lemire played it that way.

Who the heck writes a hero character with literally no moment of triumph ever? I'm still somewhat puzzled about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Plus they wanted to push the Inhumans Netflix series until it bombed hard.
    Marvel Studios wanted the Inhumans GONE. And they had Disney pull strings to make the guy pushing the Inhumans go away (or at least completely remove his influence over the movies).

Also, Inhumans wasn't on Netflix. It was on regular tv.

I did not find Cable's back story as confusing and convoluted as everyone made it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    marvel/disney was trying to make xmen suck so they'd be worth less to fox (conspiracy theory long ago proven as fact)
    Long proven as fact indeed and also it backfired because X-Men during the time went on to release probably the best comic films artistically and financially. Logan, DOFP, Deadpool. A big deal for comic movies outside of the Disney family friendly narrative.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    I did not find Cable's back story as confusing and convoluted as everyone made it out to be.
    Agreed. One only needs to read The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix and Askani'Son and it's all laid out there.

I found Wolverine's X-Force far more entertaining that any Cable lead X-Force, even when that is his baby.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Agreed. One only needs to read The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix and Askani'Son and it's all laid out there.
    Why did people also think Cable was Nate Grey from an alternate timeline because Nate is a genetic child of Scott and Jean? Many parents have more than one kids, we don't go around saying they are all the same. Lordy even this dude on youtube did not even get it right and his videos are pretty accurate.

Cable and Nate are brothers, possibly twins. They are not one and the same.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

All this really means is "they focused on him alot and had him do an edgy like once". He was just as uninteresting in the "edgy and cool" era except they killed off multiple characters and centered every major thread around him to draw reactions to him.

They don't need to do that with Storm, but just give us moments ever so often that remind us that she is actually quite the warrior.

The soft, unconfident weepiness of Lemire's Storm was so lame. The terrigen plot could have been interesting as a vehicle for her, had Lemire played it that way.

Who the heck writes a hero character with literally no moment of triumph ever? I'm still somewhat puzzled about it.
    For my money, Scott wasn't 'edgy' for a while.
    The characterization was more of a "heavy is the head that wears the crown" type - he was making tough choices in terrible situations for very understandable reasons.

He didn't get "edgy" until the mutant revolution shtick.
    To me, that stuff just came off as a very public and dangerous mid-life crisis.

I think Storm is boring because of her fans.
    They're pretty toxic and won't accept any characterization that doesn't treat her as some kind of all-powerful reincarnation of Gaia, the mother spirit of the Universe.
    And if you disagree with them, it's because you're obviously a racist sexist monster.

Praise be!!

<yawn>
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 10-06-2018 at 04:54 AM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    I think Storm is boring because of her fans.
    They're pretty toxic and won't accept any characterization that doesn't treat her as some kind of all-powerful reincarnation of Gaia, the mother spirit of the Universe.
    And if you disagree with them, it's because you're obviously a racist sexist monster.
    You're not wrong.

It's become almost impossible to talk about Storm here.