Page 7 of 663 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I can't understand why Sage and Frenzy are fan 'favourites'. A Claremont retcon pet character and a mercenary murderess? Really now, people. Really now.
    ...You know how many people Wolverine has murdered? Deadpool? The guy on your avatar is being blamed for a whole lotta death as we speak... and he's basically and womanizing, cheating, douchebag that gets more passes than a stripper in Vegas.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by chillin'_chillclops View Post
    I have a sick fantacy. I want an issue where Spider-man beats the living **** out of Wolverine. (If it already exists, please tell me.)
    There's something close to it in the Spider-Man vs Wolverine one-shot. The fight ends in a draw, though.

Last edited by Anduinel; 06-26-2016 at 10:41 AM.

Wolverine should stay dead. The comics are better without him. OML shouldn't be here either.

Wolverine paired with any X-woman is automatically a horrible couple; especially if it's Storm and Jean.

The X-men relocating to San Francisco was a horrible decision.
    Last edited by Celestial; 06-26-2016 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    That's not going to happen. Espcially with the movies. Mystique is too popular a character to be killed off imo. Not to mention a dumb business decision to do as well. If a comic company is promoting a character both in comics and in movies. You just don't kill that character off. Even as a fan of Mystique I see your point. Yet if they do kill her it's only to bring her back stronger than ever. As apparently in the Marvel Universe coming back from the dead gives a character a upgrade in power level.
    I can comprehend the logic behind that assertion considering the complexities of comic book politics and monetary/lucrative dependence, but that's the sort of restrictive thinking that needs to be done away with. And a recently released Age of X variant begs to differ with you on that However if they don't kill her then at least brutalize and render her inoperable/immobile for a couple of years so that she's not able to function for a long while, I think I and either Wolfsbane or Sally Blevins would be able to derive a sufficient amount of satisfaction from that. And is Mystique really that popular when considering the ostensible expendability of the X-Men right now? I think you're overstating her monetary value, Apocalypse is done and perhaps with it Mystique's ephemeral bask in the glow of commercial promotion, so it realistically wouldn't be so out of the question, from my perspective.

The era of many companies taking a risk or at least one where profit is not guaranteed is over imo. Marvel and most comic companies are going to play it safe and keep with storylines that sell well. Not ones that innovate. As much as I like Rocky their no way now that movie would be greenlight now. Not without major changes and certainly not with Sylvester Stallone as the main star.
    But what would them be taking a risk be, in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Wolverine should stay dead. The comics are better without him. OML shouldn't be here either.

Wolverine paired with any X-woman is automatically a horrible couple; especially if it's Storm and Jean.

The X-men relocating to San Francisco was a horrible decision.
    Why do you think them relocating to San Fran was a bad decision?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    Why do you think them relocating to San Fran was a bad decision?
    I personally thought it was pointless especially since they ended up back in NY.

BANNED

Morrison's run is a disorganized mess. To me, his writing never recovered from when he was hospitalized in the 90s.

Proof to back me up is most everybody claiming to love his run can even get any of the characters right or have done everything to retcon everything instead of playing with what he did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    ...You know how many people Wolverine has murdered? Deadpool? The guy on your avatar is being blamed for a whole lotta death as we speak... and he's basically and womanizing, cheating, douchebag that gets more passes than a stripper in Vegas.
    I can't forgive Frenzy and I hate all those characters you mentioned so I am beyond reproach. :] btw I have never forgiven Cyclops for breaking a teenager's legs to discipline him when he would NEVER do that to a super villain.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    btw I have never forgiven Cyclops for breaking a teenager's legs to discipline him when he would NEVER do that to a super villain.
    Wait, when did this happen and who did he do it to?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

-
    - Fickle and fake X-Fans that bought titles for a long period of time under the penmanships of Bendis, Fraction, Aaron, Humphries and Austen are the reason why the X-Men have experienced a malaise of horrid stories from the 2000s till NOW. Their inability to discern between an objectively bad story that would be detrimental to the franchise going forward, and an average-to-amazing story, is why Marvel thinks that they can shackle real X-Fans with any tom dick and harry and call it a day--regardless of how utterly unfamiliar the writer is with the X-Men, its characters and its fundamental story themes. Such fans have killed the franchise, especially those who bought Bendis titles, complained about them, and still proceeded to buy more Bendis titles.
    Oooh the true fan card.

I can comprehend the logic behind that assertion considering the complexities of comic book politics and monetary/lucrative dependence, but that's the sort of restrictive thinking that needs to be done away with. And a recently released Age of X variant begs to differ with you on that However if they don't kill her then at least brutalize and render her inoperable/immobile for a couple of years so that she's not able to function for a long while, I think I and either Wolfsbane or Sally Blevins would be able to derive a sufficient amount of satisfaction from that. And is Mystique really that popular when considering the ostensible expendability of the X-Men right now? I think you're overstating her monetary value, Apocalypse is done and perhaps with it Mystique's ephemeral bask in the glow of commercial promotion, so it realistically wouldn't be so out of the question, from my perspective.
    Despite being a fan of Mystique and wishing to see a character she betrayed and harmed get revenge on her. It's something the writer seems reluctant or afraid to do imo. Dazzler considering how horribly she was treated by Mystique has not been able to get revenge on her. We might see it happen in alternative comic Marvel universes. In the 616 version for some odd reason Mystique has a escape from getting captured or harmed card. Imo she is one of the more popular characters in the X-universe. As well as being in movies. So that alone means that she will not get killed off. Possibly beat up but killed off I highly doubt it.

I wish I could explain why Mystique seems to be the favored protected darling over at Marvel. If any character had a beat down coming for her actions it's her. Unfortunately Bunn has brought back the whole "I'm not a bad person it's my powers that are to blame" trope. Which was done already and in the end simply a excuse for her actions. I would have much preferred the character blame herself and her actions. Trying to atone in some small way.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Tell me how you REALLY feel. As Scott would do, I'll just let those remarks slide.
    Frenzy needs mind control/manipulation to be 'good': first with Jean and then with Legion. Apart from that, she's an unrepentant killer [for money or perverse religion] just like Sabretooth... whose X-membership is also always associated with some kind of mental switcheroo. Wolverine and Deadpool, bless them, try to do good... mostly, though Deadpool's insanity makes any real motives a bit hard to pin down.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

James Macavoy was a more interesting and memorable professor xavier than Patrick Stewart.

Likewise, Fassbender was a more interesting Magneot than Mckellen.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I personally thought it was pointless especially since they ended up back in NY.
    Hmm. Redundancy, I see. Okay, thanks.

Despite being a fan of Mystique and wishing to see a character she betrayed and harmed get revenge on her. It's something the writer seems reluctant or afraid to do imo. Dazzler considering how horribly she was treated by Mystique has not been able to get revenge on her. We might see it happen in alternative comic Marvel universes. In the 616 version for some odd reason Mystique has a escape from getting captured or harmed card. Imo she is one of the more popular characters in the X-universe. As well as being in movies. So that alone means that she will not get killed off. Possibly beat up but killed off I highly doubt it.

I wish I could explain why Mystique seems to be the favored protected darling over at Marvel. If any character had a beat down coming for her actions it's her. Unfortunately Bunn has brought back the whole "I'm not a bad person it's my powers that are to blame" trope. Which was done already and in the end simply a excuse for her actions. I would have much preferred the character blame herself and her actions. Trying to atone in some small way.
    You're right. As we know it'd definitely make for more compelling storytelling to have Mystique reap the consequences and accept accountability for her heinous deeds than the constant evasion of providence. Or convenience. At some point, though, the writer or writers are going to have to face the music--she can't keep on running around in circles like this. What did you think of Claremont's Dream's End and Mystique's portrayal in that, in addition to the implications of her actions in that story and whether or not she faced the music?