Page 78 of 664 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178578 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 9959

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Cyclops fans will hate this but I think Cyclops should step down from the leadership like Storm after the inhuman crisis.

It could be good for the character, it could probably make people stop seeing him like the boring, strict dad, barking orders.
    I don't hate. I'm all for it. I want Cyke to be in the next MArvel Cosmic Big play or something.

Thread Tax: Scott's better of doing is on thing now.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Cyclops fans will hate this but I think Cyclops should step down from the leadership like Storm after the inhuman crisis.

It could be good for the character, it could probably make people stop seeing him like the boring, strict dad.
    Nah, haters gonna hate, people already got opinion formed on him because his fans never saw him as that (cept in the 90's), if anything astonishing / utopia era made people realize that there's a grace being a leader. Also I can see that you never bothered to learn anything about cyclops, since expect from the 90's he's anything but boring or truly strict.

If anything tell me what you find unpleasant about cyclops and why your need should be catered to, what do you want from cyclops apart from him quitting? because straight up throwing ideas without proper planning leads to nothing
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-22-2018 at 01:22 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post

Nah, haters gonna hate, people already got opinion formed on him because his fans never saw him as that (cept in the 90's), if anything astonishing / utopia era made people realize that there's a grace being a leader. Also I can see that you never bothered to learn anything about cyclops, since expect from the 90's he's anything but boring or truly strict
    If he returns to lead everything, you know he will be like that again. Even after Marvel tried to move Scott from that many people will always see him that way.

BANNED

If he returns to lead everything, you know he will be like that again. Even after Marvel tried to move Scott from that many people will always see him that way.
    If people opinion aren't gonna change why bother then?, I don't say scott has to lead everything, there's no need to since it ain't the end of the world, but maybe lead the extinction team and have a say in how the academy is ran. When I say cyclops leading I mean leading a team and maybe have some students under his wing, not becoming supreme leader of mutantkind

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Absolutely correct on all counts. Especially about Nightwing

Here's my unpopular/controversial opinion: Cyclops won't be toppled from his spot as best X-Men leader, not because of how long he's led but because his tenure just consisted of better stories - and everyone knows it even if they won't admit it.
    I think the reason is simpler than that. He won't be topped because no other leader is going to face the hard obstacles he did, no other leader will have to make the hard choices he had to, no other leader will have teammates opposing him/her like Scott had. Writers just won't allow that.

Fans and writers want all the glory of leadership, none of the hardships. Leaders make mistakes. Big ones. They are judged. Harshly. By fans and characters alike. As long as they avoid this, they can never hold a candle to Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I think the reason is simpler than that. He won't be topped because no other leader is going to face the hard obstacles he did, no other leader will have to make the hard choices he had to, no other leader will have teammates opposing him/her like Scott had. Writers just won't allow that.

Fans and writers want all the glory of leadership, none of the hardships. Leaders make mistakes. Big ones. They are judged. Harshly. By fans and characters alike. As long as they avoid this, they can never hold a candle to Scott.
    Yep, exactly. The most recent leaders have faced false challenges or made contrived decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Wolverine sucks, and needs to be depowered a decent level.
    Adamantium is REALLY the strongest metal ever, and Aliens don't stip mine it?
    Adamantium is like Omega, a pointless term now.

Omega anything is pointless.
    I agree with all of this actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Marvel needs to make a rule that if there already exists a character that can serve a necessary purpose in a given story then they must be used instead of making a new one.
    That part.

But also:

- Cyclops turning heel was a natural progression of the character and I loved every bit of it.

- Deadpool is my favorite character and outside of the movies or his run in Rick Remender's X-Force, I haven't been able to truly enjoy him in well over a decade.

- Matthew Rosenberg is extremely hit or miss with X-Books and that Multipe Man mini was one of the worst things I've read in years.

- I hate duplicate versions of established characters that keep the same name. Having two Jeans, Novas, etc. around is ridiculous. Though I love Miles. I just wish he had a different name.

- I miss Fantomex. Don't judge me.
    Last edited by Bozack; 11-27-2018 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    - Cyclops turning heel was a natural progression of the character and I loved every bit of it.
    That's not an opinion. That's just wrong. He never turned heel.

Either that, or some people have some really screwed up definition of 'heel'.

Mighty Member

Wolverine sucks, and needs to be depowered a decent level.
    Adamantium is REALLY the strongest metal ever, and Aliens don't stip mine it?
    Adamantium is like Omega, a pointless term now.

Omega anything is pointless.
    Does this opinion only apply to Wolverine or all X-men in general. Because there are some X-men far more powerful than Logan and their fans want them to become even more powerful. Examples being Storm, Jean and Rogue among others. Plus for being so "overpowered" Logan gets jobbed alot. I seriously don't think anyone would see Logan as Omega. But I thing all the X-men across the board should be reduced in power levels and the concept of Omega level mutants done away with.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post

3. Xmen has yet to develop a minority male character to his full extent. Despite the mutant minority metaphor to this day we still don't have an adequate black male xman.
    Bishop should have been that guy and he came close but they turned him into a villain instead. What a waste.

Speaking of waste, Synch was another waste of a black male character. He was my fave Gen Xer next to Chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I liked some of Austen's ideas. Good guy Juggernaut was fun. I also liked the idea that mutants might start forming factions based on their powers or appearances. Otherwise . . . not the greatest.
    The first issue where he brought Northstar to the team was fantastic. Most everyone thought so, then, his writing just dropped lack a sack of dirt. I think he was trying to be edgy and controversial like Morrison and Casey. He should have just stayed natural. I think he would have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    - I hate Southern Belle Anna Marie. To me, my dearest Rogue died the moment she crossed the Siege Perilous.

I used to feel the same way you did. I don't think she really died so much as grew, how many people still wear their rebel clothes once they get older? I think its more of Rogue just becoming more comfortable in her skin. At least, that's how I reconcile it. I know what you mean, though, I miss that Rogue too.

I feel almost the same about Psylocke, I stopped reading her for near a decade due to her crap characterization in the mid/late 90's.
    Jim Lee is so overrated but in the minds of some he's the best thing since Shrimp and grits. Nothing better than Shrimp and Grits, except Bacon and Eggs.
    Psylocke was my favorite in the Outback days and british/armoured Betsy is my favorite. While I didn't stop reading because of her makeover I was very underwhelmed with her direction. What did she do through most of the 90s? She was usually in the background frowning and silent and then she would come out of nowhere and kick someone in the face and go back into the background again, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    to add,
    Polaris should have had Jean's spot.
    It would have been more interesting than bringing in all these Jean clones. We have so many characters wasting away.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 12-27-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Most of the New X-Men and other younger students are garbage. They’re little more than reductive ****.

Also: fans who take personal offense over you not liking their favorite characters.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-07-2018 at 11:31 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will J. View Post
    Regarding Havok, as I think more and more about it, I don't have a problem with his speech in UA outside of it being worded poorly and his speaking for other mutants. I agree with the fact that your choices define you rather than your circumstances. It gave him his own point of view, and honestly, the X-Universe needs more mutants and humans with their own perspectives, rather than this collectivist garbage being put out.

I agree. The wording was off but the opinion was valid. There are minorities, gays, women etc. that do feel the way Havok does. People need to accept this. I don't know what happened but Cecilia Reyes felt similarly when she was introduced but there wasn't any uproar over that.

I wanted to add my own stuff but now I'm too tired. Another time.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 12-08-2018 at 02:13 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    And I dunno about you or most Cyclops fans, but when he comes back I want to see him interacting with characters and finding his footing amongst the X-Men again. He was classified as a villain by a majority of them for four years, even if he died after Bendis had him reunite them. I'd like to see how they view him and where he stands.
    I've always seen Scott as the 'Captain America' of the X-Men, naturally gravitating to leadership roles when on a team, and yet, some of my favorite Avengers years were when the Wasp was the 'chairperson' and Captain America was just one of her rank and file Avengers. Cyclops, from what I remember of him working under Storm as leader, seemed like an utter non-entity when he wasn't leading (although that may be a reflection on the writer being more focused on other characters at the time, and not 'proof' that Scott's incapable of being 'just one of the team').

It would certainly be interesting to see him take on a more casual 'one of the team' position, or, heaven forfend, even be the gadfly who makes life as difficult for the actual leader (and is always challenging and undercutting their authority) as Logan used to do him. (Extra schadenfreude if the leader he's sniping *is* Logan...)

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I've always seen Scott as the 'Captain America' of the X-Men, naturally gravitating to leadership roles when on a team, and yet, some of my favorite Avengers years were when the Wasp was the 'chairperson' and Captain America was just one of her rank and file Avengers. Cyclops, from what I remember of him working under Storm as leader, seemed like an utter non-entity when he wasn't leading (although that may be a reflection on the writer being more focused on other characters at the time, and not 'proof' that Scott's incapable of being 'just one of the team').

It would certainly be interesting to see him take on a more casual 'one of the team' position, or, heaven forfend, even be the gadfly who makes life as difficult for the actual leader (and is always challenging and undercutting their authority) as Logan used to do him. (Extra schadenfreude if the leader he's sniping *is* Logan...)
    I understand why people would want that.

Thematically, it would bring the Scott-Logan relationship full circle. Scott is mopey and prone to dramatics, but he just isn't that petty.
    If he really did have issues with leadership, he'd discuss it directly or, should that be fruitless, leave and start his own thing.

Not to mention, with most of the current leadership being X-Women, taking passive-aggressive shots from the sidelines wouldn't be a good look for him.

---

I kinda want to see Scott come back and have solo adventures.
    He's been a general / leader so long - I think it'd be good for him to be on the field, fighting for mutants, figuring things out by himself.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)