Page 8 of 666 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Since this is a thread where I can post an unpopular or controversial opinion, I will say this:

I wish for an X-Men AU where mutants are NOT feared and hated and accepted by society. While I understand why mutants have been feared and hated over the last 50+ years, as they are considered a metaphor for people IRL who are considered different (POCs, LGBT, etc.), this storyline has been done to death. I'm interesting in seeing what the MU would be like if mutants weren't feared and hated on a daily basis.
    Last edited by OptimusPrime114; 06-26-2016 at 05:18 PM.

BANNED

Now my turn.
    I wish for an AU were the mutants are the ruling class, sort of like house of M but with all the X men at the helm.
    To show how prejudice can go both ways, how mutant culture is created and differs from human culture, how are mutant children raised in different ways than human children. I'm also tired of mutants as a metaphor for prosecuted minorities, I'd like to see mutants as powerful people that have control in all aspects of daily life, like media, education, transportation, justice and how a mutant dominated world has differed from an human one.
    I also wanna see opinions from the regular people on their mutants overlords

/\ Well you should read Inhumans then.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You mean MU nazis?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Wait, when did this happen and who did he do it to?
    Riot at Xavier's. The X-Men handled their inexperienced rioting students like goons would have.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime114 View Post
    Since this is a thread where I can post an unpopular or controversial opinion, I will say this:

I wish for an X-Men AU where mutants are NOT feared and hated and accepted by society. While I understand why mutants have been feared and hated over the last 50+ years, as they are considered a metaphor for people IRL who are considered different (POCs, LGBT, etc.), this storyline has been done to death. I'm interesting in seeing what the MU would be like if mutants weren't feared and hated on a daily basis.
    Isn't that the case in X-Men '92?
    "This is me being reasonable"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Isn't that the case in X-Men '92?
    Which volume?

Yes please.

Which volume?
    The current one.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    James Macavoy was a more interesting and memorable professor xavier than Patrick Stewart.

Likewise, Fassbender was a more interesting Magneot than Mckellen.
    I disagree on both of those, but I'm not sure if those are really controversial. Especially the Fassbender one.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I can't forgive Frenzy and I hate all those characters you mentioned so I am beyond reproach. :] btw I have never forgiven Cyclops for breaking a teenager's legs to discipline him when he would NEVER do that to a super villain.
    Ok... that was pretty humorous. But at least you're fair.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Tell me how you REALLY feel. As Scott would do, I'll just let those remarks slide.
    Frenzy needs mind control/manipulation to be 'good': first with Jean and then with Legion. Apart from that, she's an unrepentant killer [for money or perverse religion] just like Sabretooth... whose X-membership is also always associated with some kind of mental switcheroo. Wolverine and Deadpool, bless them, try to do good... mostly, though Deadpool's insanity makes any real motives a bit hard to pin down.
    Good points. I forgot about that Jean thing and I have that issue. She had Joan acting straight out of Mayberry. But that's the basis. The Legion mind screw showed a sociopath merc what it was like to be honorable, to fight for something worth fighting for. It changed her as much Legacy made Rogue want to bang Magneto. Needles to say AoX left a huge impression on people.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Good points. I forgot about that Jean thing and I have that issue. She had Joan acting straight out of Mayberry. But that's the basis. The Legion mind screw showed a sociopath merc what it was like to be honorable, to fight for something worth fighting for. It changed her as much Legacy made Rogue want to bang Magneto. Needles to say AoX left a huge impression on people.
    I've greatly disliked Frenzy since her X-Factor days and even Carey et al with AoX haven't changed my mind. She's doing what she's always done: jumped ship to the next meal ticket because it's advantageous to her. In this case, it's because she 'likes' it. She sure looked like she was enjoying beating Iceman around and snapping innocent women's necks, too.

Now about Sage...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I've greatly disliked Frenzy since her X-Factor days and even Carey et al with AoX haven't changed my mind. She's doing what she's always done: jumped ship to the next meal ticket because it's advantageous to her. In this case, it's because she 'likes' it. She sure looked like she was enjoying beating Iceman around and snapping innocent women's necks, too.
    She's a good girl now. Those glory days are behind her.