Page 84 of 663 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184584 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 9936
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Racism, homophobia, sexism and ect are all played yet it's still here
    Think you miss what I'm saying...

Mighty Member

- morrison era isn't the outstanding and greatest modern x-men book everyone makes it out to be, he just came up with his own plot lines instead of regurgitating classic claremont
    storylines and actually took in consideration what readers hated from the 90's and started with a blank slate

- jean and logan shouldn't even be considered a love triangle or whatever. jean kissed logan because she was in an emotional vulnerable state and was tired of her husband cheating and
    she was just too nice to tell logan she cares deeply for him but she doesn't actually love him romantically. and logan is a bit of slut and gets around

- of all the male characters in the x-men, logan really shouldn't be the one who's slept with practically every female character in the marvel universe when he's got the sex appeal of a
    balding, beer belly having high school gym teacher and the charm of a hermit who hadn't had any contact with civilisation in over 20 years.

- the lone ranger archetype writers insist on logan is pretty ridiculous considering he's got like 7 biological children, practically adopts every spunky teenage girl he encounters and is
    friends with like every a and b lister hero

- i don't like the storm goddess storyline, she's a mutant. I love how people look at her as a godess and how she's powerful enough to be considered one but she's a mutant and taking
    that away is such a boring retcon trope in comics

- kitty hasn't had any concrete character development since excalibur. she's the same self righteous and judgemental character she was in the 80's but at least back then she had the
    excuse of being 13. and kitty gets away with is because she's the character men had a crush on growing up and girls idolised because she was the relatable character. kinda like the
    peter parker of the x-men

- emma frost is actually a great x-men and is one of the best teacher the school ever had. she had a real redemption and character growth and i'm tired of people refusing to see it
    because they refuse to let go of their madonna and whore complex with emma

- colossus, beast and nightcrawler hadn't had any real use or development in years and just take the page space that other characters are more deserving of but get stuck in limbo

- kelly thompson isn't that great of a writer and she can only write a specific type of female characters and i'm tired of it
    It was the other way round tho. Not really other way round but like Scott wasn’t cheating before Jeans kiss.
    - Scott was possessed by apocalypse ( an evil entity)
    - Scott was suffering from PTSD - HE was emotionally unstable, not Jean but Scott .. cuz u know he was possessed
    - Jean didn’t attend to Scott’s needs ... she dismissed them n told him he will get over em. But I do admit it was OOC
    - Jean n Scott marriage was falling out.
    - Both Jean n Scott sought out outside comfort ... Jean kissed Logan and Scott had an affair with Emma.

So the way u phrased it .. is kinda wrong.
    Last edited by Abbz_A; 12-20-2018 at 04:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    It was the other way round tho. Not really other way round but like Scott wasn’t cheating before the kiss.
    - Scott was possessed by apocalypse ( an event entity)
    - Scott was suffering from PTSD - HE was emotionally unstable, not Jean but Scott .. cuz u know he was possessed

- Jean didn’t attend to Scott’s needs ... she dismissed them n told him he will get over em. But I do admit it was OOC
    - Both Jean n Scott sought out outside comfort ... Jean kissed Logan and Scott had an affair with Emma.

How dare you speak the truth!We don't do that here.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 12-20-2018 at 04:47 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    How dare you!
    Oops!!

Dang ... I meant to say evil entity not event. Lol

It was the other way round tho. Not really other way round but like Scott wasn’t cheating before Jeans kiss.
    - Scott was possessed by apocalypse ( an evil entity)

Scott left maddy and baby cable to get with resurrected jean so technically he's the first cheater. And jean being "dismissive" and "not attending to his need" is not a reason for cheating lmao. Jean was being repossessed by the phoenix again during morrison new x-men so that scrambled her mental wellbeing, it wasn't so much jean not caring about scott anymore and more like she was having an internal war in her psyche and on the edge of a mental breakdown. Scott had already started his affair with emma (they hadn't slept together yet but its was definitely what people call emotional cheating) and jean kissed logan after confiding about her worries and how shaky their relationship has become

Scott left maddy and baby cable to get with resurrected jean so technically he's the first cheater. And jean being "dismissive" and "not attending to his need" is not a reason for cheating lmao. Jean was being repossessed by the phoenix again during morrison new x-men so that scrambled her mental wellbeing, it wasn't so much jean not caring about scott anymore and more like she was having an internal war in her psyche and on the edge of a mental breakdown. Scott had already started his affair with emma (they hadn't slept together yet but its was definitely what people call emotional cheating) and jean kissed logan after confiding about her worries and how shaky their relationship has become
    Except that isn't true. He went to see Jean after she revived, but by the time he got back to Maddie, she was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Think you miss what I'm saying...
    I don't think she is. Mutant persecution has always been an allegory for the sufferings of minorities. As long as issues like racism, sexism, and homophobia exist in our world, mutant persecution will exist in theirs.

Mighty Member

I’m sorry but Scott didn’t cheat on Maddie, he didn’t intend on leaving Madelyne to get back to Jean. That’s the main reason i believe Morrison wrote cyclops OOC, adultery isn’t in his character. It never was.
    Ok I think you misunderstood what I meant, Jean being dismissive and not attending to her husband needs is NOT an excuse for cheating but it sure pushed cyclops and hindered their relationship.

For the record, I am not blaming Jean ... the two of them f**ked up. They sought comfort outside one another which was the core problem.

Scott and Emma emotionally cheatin? Jean and Logan were also emotionally cheating? Both Scott and Jean ruined the relationship... it’s not just Scott or just Jean.

Btw Jean worrying about the state of the relationship isn’t an excuse for cheating, she could have just read Scott’s mind and get it over with but she went to Logan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I don't think she is. Mutant persecution has always been an allegory for the sufferings of minorities. As long as issues like racism, sexism, and homophobia exist in our world, mutant persecution will exist in theirs.
    Still missing what I'm saying. Lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Mutant Persecution is played out, and the X-men need a new angle.
    While I can see the argument of how minorities will always have some kind of discrimination like racism and homophobia, I am inclined to agree. The longer you draw out a storyline about acceptance and tolerance, the more it becomes a satire of the idea of acceptance and tolerance. The X-Men have existed since the 1980s in-universe. It's 2017-2018 in-universe. It makes the X-Men look like failures when it comes to enacting change. Whenever mass public acceptance is around the corner, it slips away from them. When acceptance finally comes to them, it never feels like creating a new status quo. It seems to be creating an exception to the status quo rather than the rule.

Like I said before, it never feels like the X-Men ever win when it comes to their 10^9 apocalyptic wasteland. It feels more like the X-Men just delayed the next one. And suddenly, it becomes insulting.

It's not really a problem in the mutant metaphor per se though. It's writers and editors who just regurgitate the same old story beats from the Claremont run instead of considering current social issues. Morrison tried to evolve mutants into a subculture with more nuances, and that was entirely destroyed with House of M (just like most of his run). Tom Taylor was the last big example of trying to modernize the mutant metaphor, but even then his take still ended up being very old fashioned. The franchise in general just needs a clearer, forward thinking vision instead of just eternally referencing the past.

I’m sorry but Scott didn’t cheat on Maddie, he didn’t intend on leaving Madelyne to get back to Jean. That’s the main reason i believe Morrison wrote cyclops OOC, adultery isn’t in his character. It never was.
    Ok I think you misunderstood what I meant, Jean being dismissive and not attending to her husband needs is NOT an excuse for cheating but it sure pushed cyclops and hindered their relationship.

For the record, I am not blaming Jean ... the two of them f**ked up. They sought comfort outside one another which was the core problem.

Scott and Emma emotionally cheatin? Jean and Logan were also emotionally cheating? Both Scott and Jean ruined the relationship... it’s not just Scott or just Jean.

Btw Jean worrying about the state of the relationship isn’t an excuse for cheating, she could have just read Scott’s mind and get it over with but she went to Logan.
    Jean didn't cheated emotionally because she never had romantic feelings about Logan and it happened only one time because it was a acident

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean didn't cheated emotionally because she never had romantic feelings about Logan and it happened only one time because it was a acident
    So when people make excuses for Scott, they're evil because he's a WASP, but when you make excuses for Jean, she's a saint that can do no wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So when people make excuses for Scott, they're evil because he's a WASP, but when you make excuses for Jean, she's a saint that can do no wrong?
    The context of Jean jissing Logan is completely different. People like to act like she went for Logan to have a affair with him and that isn't true

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The context of Jean jissing Logan is completely different. People like to act like she went for Logan to have a affair with him and that isn't true
    True, but is still a pretty stupid thing to do, even Logan knew that. Granted is not to the same extent of what Scott did, but the fault doesn't fall on him entirely. No one in that situation was completly innocent.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona