Page 85 of 669 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185585 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 10029

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    True, but is still a pretty stupid thing to do, even Logan knew that. Granted is not to the same extent of what Scott did, but the fault doesn't fall on him entirely. No one in that situation was completly innocent.
    It was a kiss, the way people talked seems like Jean made advances to sleep with him, which she didn't.
    Sure you can say no one was innocent, but some were far more guilty than others

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was a kiss, the way people talked seems like Jean made advances to sleep with him, which she didn't.
    They both were intimate with someone that wasn't their S/O.

There is no "more guilty". They both crossed that line. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

By the time of Morrison, Logan is the one that walks away to prevent their make-out sessions from developing into something more, not Jean.

I didn't like X-Men Red Jean Grey. I thought she was going around with a messiah complex, violating minds as she felt appropriate. I didn't mind the direction itself. I was bothered by the fact that it was treated as acceptable by other characters and the writer. I thought her proceeding with connecting the minds of the fleeing mutants and the soldiers violated their privacy. Privacy feels in very short supply these days.

That opinion did not go down well on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I didn't like X-Men Red Jean Grey. I thought she was going around with a messiah complex, violating minds as she felt appropriate. I didn't mind the direction itself. I was bothered by the fact that it was treated as acceptable by other characters and the writer. I thought her proceeding with connecting the minds of the fleeing mutants and the soldiers violated their privacy. Privacy feels in very short supply these days.

That opinion did not go down well on this forum.
    I agreed with your sentiment and logic; you were right, it didn’t go down well.

"M" tattoos are lame and should be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    "M" tattoos are lame and should be removed.
    Eh, aren't they used in a similar fashion to the Star of David: that the universe they come from is basically Nazi Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post

By the time of Morrison, Logan is the one that walks away to prevent their make-out sessions from developing into something more, not Jean.
    Does Jean seem extra pale there?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Eh, aren't they used in a similar fashion to the Star of David: that the universe they come from is basically Nazi Germany?
    Then put the M on a forearm and make the analogy plain. As they are, they occupy the kewl face tattoo trope.

They are unnecessary and prevent Bishop from doing undercover work.

BANNED

Bishop was made obsolete by Cable. Bishop hasn't been relevant since he was trying to kill Hope because there are many other characters that can do everything he can better.
    The only thing that makes him important is that he is the most prominent black male in a franchice where diversity is supposed to be important but in practice it is not.
    I wish there were more Black dudes.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I think the FOX X-Men costumes suck really bad. They didn't make them less funny they actually made them a new kind of funny with biker leather fetish gear instead. Just brilliant. People will think a motorcycle gang is taking over their city. I laugh when Cyclops comments on yellow spandex. You have no call feeling superior Singer and Co. And even more so now Singer since everyone knows about your little habit now.

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    Bishop was made obsolete by Cable.
    "Obsolete" feels wrong. Redundant feels right. The best thing about Bishop is his skin color. His guns are dated. His personality is rote. His powers are conditional. His profession is problematic.

But! *IF* Cable had been introduced as the black mutant cyborg future fighter Lucas Bishop, we'd have been spared decades of Summers Family nonsense, and the character would have established his OWN notoriety as a badass 90s mutant ideologue that's entirely separate from optimistic Xavier of the 60s, nuanced separatist Magneto of the 70s, and survivor den mother Storm of the 80s. AND you get an incredibly strong voice and personality in a [straight] black male body, something the franchise needed at that time --and continues to need today.

The only thing that makes him important is that he is the most prominent black male in a franchise where diversity is supposed to be important but in practice it is not. I wish there were more Black dudes.
    Yeah, Gambit should've been introduced as Creole. Sunspot needed a consistent Pantone on all his model sheets. Synch shouldn't have been killed.

Come hang out over here and share your hot takes.

Bishop was made obsolete by Cable. Bishop hasn't been relevant since he was trying to kill Hope because there are many other characters that can do everything he can better.
    The only thing that makes him important is that he is the most prominent black male in a franchice where diversity is supposed to be important but in practice it is not.
    I wish there were more Black dudes.
    But Cable pre-dates Bishop. I can agree that he might back Bishop irrelevant but not obsolete.

Ugh the Cable/Bishop have some things in common therefore only one can exist opinion. This Obsolete /Redundant/ Irrelevant nonsense is revisionist history. Both of the characters where create about the same time period and in the 90's both of their popularity was about the same during that period. Cable went on and became Summers which basically him being a "Skywalker" in the X-universe so he obviously got more use as the years went on and Bishop is black and to put it nicely X-offices don't have clue to what to do with most Black Characters .

I am not going to bad talk Cable because I like the character but an honest assessment is that few characters are as convoluted as Cable and most times they don't have a f*cking clue what to do with him you know Nathan Christopher Charles Dayspring Askani'son Summers child of Cyclops and Madelyne Pryor(clone of Jean Grey who turn into Goblin Queen) who Apocalypse gave a techno virus (which they keep curing and uncuring over the years ) he was sent future to his sister Mother Askani(who is from alternate timeline and lost got timestream went to future) he was raised by Slim and Redd (who were actually his parents Cyclops and Jean mental projected in other people bodies) he fought against his evil clone and Apocalypse in the future. What is Cable exact powerset or power level? Cable body parts are they tech replacements or techno virus organic flesh? Oh yeah I almost forget that a younger Cable came through time and killed his olderself. I mean again like Cable but yeah Bishop is simply came back in time to Trevor Fitzroy who escape from the future and Bishop has possible knowledge of X-men traitor. Simple and easy

Cable doesn't make Bishop obsolete or irrelevant. Like who you want to like that's fair but Bishop pre Messiah Complex was good character waiting to be utilized in good stories and I am just going to pretend that story didn't happen like Wolverine fans with Romulus,Emma fans with IvX and Nightcrawler fans with "The Draco".

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I think the FOX X-Men costumes suck really bad. They didn't make them less funny they actually made them a new kind of funny with biker leather fetish gear instead. Just brilliant. People will think a motorcycle gang is taking over their city. I laugh when Cyclops comments on yellow spandex. You have no call feeling superior Singer and Co. And even more so now Singer since everyone knows about your little habit now.
    That's not an unpopular opinion.