Page 9 of 657 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast

616 Logan is a sellout who would rather be Steve Rogers' stool sample than defend his fellow x-men.

X23 taking on the role of wolverine was a step back for the character.

Cyclops is the most only leader besides xavier who should run the x-men.

The uncanny x-men in their current iteration are not x-men.

• Emma Frost sucks as a hero. Put her in the Inner Circle where she belongs.
    • X-23 sucks, period. Kill her off and bring back Chris Claremont's Wolverine.
    • The MU should have been rebooted after SW. Like, back before the 90's happened.
    • Psylocke should have stayed British and a white chick. The body-swap was silly.
    • Fantomex is not as bad as everyone says. At least he's not an actual clone.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post

Likewise, Fassbender was a more interesting Magneot than Mckellen.
    Heresy!

"This is me being reasonable"

Fantastic Member

I was perfectly satisfied with the casting in X1 with the obvious exception of Storm.

Sabretooth could have used more lines but, ****, every adaptation insists on making him a Magneto follower so I guess it's best to just ignore his personality because Magneto's high-minded ideals about mutantkind and goddam Sabretooth are incompatible.

I loved his X1 look, though. I guess Origins "Victor" is more of a character in a way but it just didn't look like Sabes to me. Bringing it back to the casting, Tyler Mane did the best he could.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime114 View Post
    Since this is a thread where I can post an unpopular or controversial opinion, I will say this:

I wish for an X-Men AU where mutants are NOT feared and hated and accepted by society. While I understand why mutants have been feared and hated over the last 50+ years, as they are considered a metaphor for people IRL who are considered different (POCs, LGBT, etc.), this storyline has been done to death. I'm interesting in seeing what the MU would be like if mutants weren't feared and hated on a daily basis.
    I feel the same way. Given how many people have powers mutant and non-mutant. One group because they received their power from nuclear fallout somehow deserve more racism. When people hate anything and everything different. The racism should be against both non-mutant and mutant.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    616 Logan is a sellout who would rather be Steve Rogers' stool sample than defend his fellow x-men.

X23 taking on the role of wolverine was a step back for the character.

Cyclops is the most only leader besides xavier who should run the x-men.

The uncanny x-men in their current iteration are not x-men.
    this are a common and populars opinions... :guay:

My
    I don´t hate Fantomex
    I like Fantomex more that Gambit
    I prefer Fassbender that McKellen as Magneto, the McKellen´s Magneto is a more generic villain
    Last edited by bubibartra; 06-27-2016 at 04:05 AM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Longshot and Dazzler as a pairing sucks. The only believable thing about it is their issues.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Fantomex is a dysfunctional unnecessary amalgamation of Gambit and Deadpool no one asks to see more of

Kitty isn't half as important or as popular as Marvel/Bendis wants her to be

The Cyclops and Xavier character assassination needs to end

The Phalanx were defeated way too easily

Mystique and Sabretooth need to go back to the other side, and not together as some weird Bonnie and Clyde duo robbing banks (thanks Bendis)

The O5 need to go back and it needs to cause ripples in time that creates a new timeline fixing all the garbage that's going on

Cap is back, now bring back Logan

Dump the school and bring back Gen-X

Bring Rogue back for #$%$ sake.

Stop killing off/ inverting all the classic villains! There's no one left!

Let Magneto just call his team the Brotherhood and be done with it. I get it, the name "X-Men" helps brand recognition thus increases sales but cmon...
    Last edited by donpricetag; 06-27-2016 at 06:42 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Longshot and Dazzler as a pairing sucks. The only believable thing about it is their issues.
    Think about this: Longshot was Noccenti's pet character, Dazzler was Shooter's. Do you think there was any meta in the comics?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I've quoted others for redundancy sake:
    Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    My unpopular opinions:

#600 was a bad comic. It actually made me root for Beast, with the way they handled his trail.

Jubilee being regressed back to teenager would be forth getting rid of the vampirism and the baby and getting her powers back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    My opinions:

-Maggott was pretty cool and interesting

-Adam X had some of potential

-Over powered X-Men ruin stories and are boring
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I want the 90's X-men costumes to never be referred to as their best costumes, they aren't.

Not all X-men need to be hand to hand combat Gods. Most never get into combat close enough to matter anyway.

Kitty Prydes is a much better Ninja than Elizabeth.

Elizabeth should NEVER wear that silly ass costume again, in any universe.

X-men books need a total retooling, and get back to super heroics. There is literally no difference between Cap and Cyclops as far as beating up badguys go.

X-men books need people who care about progressing the X-men forward.

Omega level anything needs to die a quick death. (Because omega doesn't mean what fanboys/girls thinks it means.)

Storm needs to go away for awhile and learn to be like old Storm and be a better leader.

Psylocke needs to be reunited with her brother and put back in her proper body, retaining her powers and abilities.

Kwannon needs to come back and be a proper representative of Asian culture on the X-men. be a fully developed character.

A certain Artist named La---n-- should not draw X-books ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    - Emma Frost never should have been drafted into the X-Men's ranks in anyway shape or form--save for her being an adversary. At best she could have maintained her academy, but she should not have been allowed onto the main team. That was a big mistake, and judging by what looks like an involuntary absence on her part after an extensive period of prominence, I think she is now paying the ultimate price.

- Emma never should have gotten together with Scott. It was the worst thing that could have happened to her character.

- The X-Men need NEW, fresh-faced, multi-cultural writers that have of yet to be established in the industry. AKA another later 70s/early 80s Claremont as others have said. We've been seeing things from veritably the same perspective for an age, now, they're due for a change.

- This has already been said in some way shape or form--the current crop of X-Men, including Teen Jean Grey, should be replaced by an amalgamation of the New Mutants, the New X-Men, Polaris, Sage, Bishop and Marrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    • Emma Frost sucks as a hero. Put her in the Inner Circle where she belongs.
    • Psylocke should have stayed British and a white chick. The body-swap was silly.
    • Fantomex is not as bad as everyone says. At least he's not an actual clone.
    - The Teen 5 need to disappear or be from an alternate timeline, their presence and lack of impact on their adult counterparts is insane.
    - Rachel>Jean>Feron>Hope>QuentinQuire as Phoenix (I ignore the others as they should have never have had it to begin with)
    - The Phoenix Force never should be allowed to be used again after AvX. The non X-editors ruined it by making it part of the Iron Fist mythos and perverted it as a mutant storyline...plus it's played out and should have never been used again after Second Coming.
    - Vulcan had potential at being a great villain, but he fell super flat. However I think he can still be salvaged
    - Excalibur was a superior comic for its time
    - Secondary mutations (unless born with them) are just lazy ways that writers can get around not using a character they want by imbuing those powers on another (see Colossus and Emma Frost)
    - I want Northstar to leave his husband for Adult Iceman
    - While there are some x-characters that I enjoy reading in non-x books (Cable, Dazzler), most others often are written like mutants issues are below them once the join the Avengers or some other variant, which is just wrong
    - Red Skull wouldn't still be a problem if mutants were actually allowed to hunt him down and stop him

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    - I want Northstar to leave his husband for Adult Iceman
    To be honest I'd like Iceman and Northstar to be the X-Men's gay power-couple, but it would look super-f***ing-racist if Northstar left his black husband to hook-up with the hot white guy he had a crush on. Not to mention that Northstar and Kyle are Marvel's first married gay couple. I say either give Kyle super-powers of his own and make him an interesting character or kill him off and give Northstar time to grieve and move on and Iceman time to become comfortable as an openly gay adult and then they could be paired up.

Yeah, I like JP and Kyle but If Marvel is never going to do anything with Kyle they might as well hook JP up with someone else.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Yeah, I like JP and Kyle but If Marvel is never going to do anything with Kyle they might as well hook JP up with someone else.
    I still support the idea that they should make Kyle an Inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I doubt we're going to see Northstar again any time soon, with Kyle or otherwise. The X-Offices have a whole new LGBT mutant whose potential they can squander now.

Anyway, my unpopular opinion:

Hardcore X-Men fans are rapidly becoming their own worst enemy. Yes, Marvel's done the X-Men dirty with the whole Terrigen Mists thing. Harassing and belittling folks who are enjoying the Inhumans books isn't going to 1) change Perlmutter's mind or 2) make the X-Men more popular.