Page 90 of 669 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190590 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 10028

Magma is the actual worst Nu-Mutie because of her genero powers and also she's from Subterranea or whatever.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Throw in Warlock there bc he was rather unique and had a zany and fun personality. I liked Doug but people did find him boring. Karma and Magma definitely were and even CC didnt know what to do with them. I got sick of all of Karma's plotlines revolving around her babysitting her siblings
    And they're traditionally considered the best of the student groups. I think outside of New X-Men (the X-23, Surge, Dust, Rockslide etc class), the student groups at Xavier's/Jean Grey school have not fared so well. Generation X was interesting but that was not at Xavier's. I think what I'm realizing is that maybe it wasn't such a great idea to have a class of kid students at the school - and that maybe an even worse idea that Morrison gave us was to expand from 6-10 students in that class to dozens. It opened the doorway for a lot of crap characters.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    And they're traditionally considered the best of the student groups. I think outside of New X-Men (the X-23, Surge, Dust, Rockslide etc class), the student groups at Xavier's/Jean Grey school have not fared so well. Generation X was interesting but that was not at Xavier's. I think what I'm realizing is that maybe it wasn't such a great idea to have a class of kid students at the school - and that maybe an even worse idea that Morrison gave us was to expand from 6-10 students in that class to dozens. It opened the doorway for a lot of crap characters.
    Yeah, I'd be happy with returning to a sort of GenX type of schooling. That way, when villains come knocking to kill the X-Men, children are not casualties. I know there is the argument that they're super safe with all the X-Men standing guard, but are they really? Would the child Cassandra killed not be still alive if Storm had lived somewhere away?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I'm glad this was your 10,000th post.
    ...Omg lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    Yeah, I'd be happy with returning to a sort of GenX type of schooling. That way, when villains come knocking to kill the X-Men, children are not casualties. I know there is the argument that they're super safe with all the X-Men standing guard, but are they really? Would the child Cassandra killed not be still alive if Storm had lived somewhere away?
    Wouldn't most of the students that got killed have been better off not being massed together as targets? I said in my earlier post that the New X-Men class of students fared well, but I'm only talking from a creative and character standpoint. The things they have gone through, they're probably fared the worst out of any of the student body. If the bus that was carting the ex-mutants away had not been at Xavier's but some other secret location, they probably wouldn't have all died. instead a few years later they get replaced by Shark Girl, Eye Boy and Snot.

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    I feel like that was only an issue with the New X-men generation of kids. The New Mutants werent in constant danger from X-men threats. Doug died at a time when the X-men were presumed dead and Warlock died when the X-men were disbanded and just coming back together. They fared relatively well when they did live at the mansion and had the X-men around. Meanwhile in Gen X, Synch died while actually being at the school

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Magma is the actual worst Nu-Mutie because of her genero powers and also she's from Subterranea or whatever.
    LOL.. TBH I love Magma but I think she got lost being a blond.. If she had stayed a POC I bet she would be more popular. Also, her powers were to complex for writers after CC.. If she was just an earth bender instead of being both an earth and lava bender she would prolly have gotten more love.. Also her background messed things up.. The Allison Crestemore stuff was a mess.

Magma should’ve been a villain. She even spent time as a first gen Hellion right?

I’ve got a LOT of ideas about character amalgams in a rebooted X-context. Some obvious, like Jamie Braddock and Jim Jaspers. Some less so like Karma should have been Kwannon.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think trying to make everything complex and serious has sucked some of the fun of the books. Stories about them as people are good too, not everything has to be serious.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think trying to make everything complex and serious has sucked some of the fun of the books. Stories about them as people are good too, not everything has to be serious.
    I just want a few years of them being fun, normal people...sort of. Just less depression. It'll make any resulting massacre actually meaningful.

Have there ever been multiple, simultaneously-active schools before? If not, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Have there ever been multiple, simultaneously-active schools before? If not, why not?
    Only time there were 2 was when the Massachusetts Academy was open. The reason they only have one is to make it easier to defend the students, but the school gets blown up twice a month so...

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Only time there were 2 was when the Massachusetts Academy was open. The reason they only have one is to make it easier to defend the students, but the school gets blown up twice a month so...
    They can't possibly think that one school would provide ample education and protection for an entire generation of mutant youth, right? Why wouldn't the X-Men open at least a couple of schools? Staff them with the plethora of unused characters?

Right before Disassembled. Not in any official, “we’ll see the enrolled students and teachers” way but there’s Xavier’s Outreach, Polaris’ Madripoor school, and the off-panel mutant schools that Emma’s been building since X-Men Black.

They can't possibly think that one school would provide ample education and protection for an entire generation of mutant youth, right? Why wouldn't the X-Men open at least a couple of schools? Staff them with the plethora of unused characters?
    Becuase they suck as teachers. Most of then aren't really qualified for this job.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona