Page 92 of 673 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192592 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 10085
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

#12 is the best argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Jus' beaUtiful
    *blush*

DOFP uses Rogue instead of Kitty, making the actions of mystique and the argument from an elder Rogue far more poignant.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 07-12-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    *blush*

DOFP uses Rogue instead of Kitty, making the actions of mystique and the argument from an elder Rogue far more poignant.
    So does Kitty even exist at all? Or do you give her phasing to someone else? Might be pretty cool if Rachel had that ability, might further seperate or distinguish her from just being a Jean copy as so many feel.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Jean has degree in psychology, Bobby’s a licensed accountant, Warren has a business degree, Cecelia has a PhD, Havok and Polaris have degrees in geology, Rogue’s absorbed smart people, just to name a few.
    Thanks, I forgot about these. Though I think Jean didn't finish hers. I hope someone retcons her doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    So does Kitty even exist at all? Or do you give her phasing to someone else? Might be pretty cool if Rachel had that ability, might further seperate or distinguish her from just being a Jean copy as so many feel.
    Kitty Pryde should not have existed.
    Kitty's phasing power is the least interesting thing about her. I didn't think it was important to keep.

THAT SAID, I agree Rachel is incredibly redundant in X-Men. All psychics... all threats... end up being telepathic telekinetics because the Phoenix has destroyed creativity in the office, maturity in the audience, and traumatized the brand to the point we cannot NOT relive the same damn story. Even with that hostile opinion, I think there's plenty of room for Rachel Summers to exist in the X-Men. I'd change her powers in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Jean has degree in psychology, Bobby’s a licensed accountant, Warren has a business degree, Cecelia has a PhD, Havok and Polaris have degrees in geology, Rogue’s absorbed smart people, just to name a few.
    Cecilia has an MD, not PhD

Spectacular Member

Havok and Polaris have a master's in geophysics

Fantastic Member

Like what? How would you change her powers? Adding phasing could be interesting. I know me personally Id have just manipulated kinetic energy call her a kinetic on the highest level (if thats even a word or way to describe it) but basically telekinesis, aerokinesis, hydrokinesis, pryokinesis, chronokinesis, hell omnikinesis

Fantastic Member

Kitty's phasing power is the least interesting thing about her. I didn't think it was important to keep.

THAT SAID, I agree Rachel is incredibly redundant in X-Men. All psychics... all threats... end up being telepathic telekinetics because the Phoenix has destroyed creativity in the office, maturity in the audience, and traumatized the brand to the point we cannot NOT relive the same damn story. Even with that hostile opinion, I think there's plenty of room for Rachel Summers to exist in the X-Men. I'd change her powers in other ways.
    Like what? How would you change her powers? Adding phasing could be interesting. I know me personally Id have just manipulated kinetic energy call her a kinetic on the highest level (if thats even a word or way to describe it) but basically telekinesis, aerokinesis, hydrokinesis, pryokinesis, chronokinesis, hell omnikinesis

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think that I'd keep Rachel as a psychic. It's sort of intrinsic to who she is as a character now. However, I'd display her psychic powers in a different way from the other psychics of the franchise - I'd make her a much more physical character by making both her telepathy and telekinesis tactile. She needs to TOUCH something to be able to use her powers, and thus as opposed to being the typical glass cannon psychic type, Rachel would instead be a tank, and it reconciles her time as a Hound as well. It makes her that much more physical, that much more savage.

I'd also give her her chronokinesis back.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Not exactly what I was thinking, but hell yeah Harp. I’m modifying my plan.

Will have more to say once I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think that I'd keep Rachel as a psychic. It's sort of intrinsic to who she is as a character now. However, I'd display her psychic powers in a different way from the other psychics of the franchise - I'd make her a much more physical character by making both her telepathy and telekinesis tactile. She needs to TOUCH something to be able to use her powers, and thus as opposed to being the typical glass cannon psychic type, Rachel would instead be a tank, and it reconciles her time as a Hound as well. It makes her that much more physical, that much more savage.

I can see that for TP, but not sure how that makes sense for TK

They could give Rachel the psimitar and fight with it but then she runs the risk of looking like Psylocke instead of Jean.

I'd display her psychic powers in a different way from the other psychics of the franchise - I'd make her a much more physical character by making both her telepathy and telekinesis tactile. She needs to TOUCH something to be able to use her powers, and thus as opposed to being the typical glass cannon psychic type, Rachel would instead be a tank, and it reconciles her time as a Hound as well. It makes her that much more physical, that much more savage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I can see that for TP, but not sure how that makes sense for TK
    That's honestly another thread worth starting: How would [you] find and create functional and visual differences between the various psychics in the X-office. Emma, Jean, Charles, Shola, Hellion, Karma, Dani, Stepford Cuckoos, Cass Nova, Rachel, Betsy, Monet, Chamber, Cable, Exodus, Unuscione, Armor, Legion, Cypher, Selene, Bogan, Shadow King, etc.

I think that I'd keep Rachel as a psychic. It's sort of intrinsic to who she is as a character now.
    I agree, and I'd leave Rachel a psychic similar to her mother, with telepathic and telekinetic talents. However, I'd make both of those expressions of skill and practice that Rachel simply doesn't have. Jean trained in her psychic abilities with the most powerful (ranged) telepath in the world. Rachel was forced into slavery and brainwashing in her childhood, and had most of her talents either mechanically inhibited or trained out of using.

Upon arriving in the present of 616, she DOES begin training, but her development is stunted, and the use of her telekinesis is awkward and dangerous. I'd make her mostly incapable of fine motor TK, and have her anger "heat up" her telekinesis. A fully enraged Rachel is effectively a pyrokinetic.

As for telepathy, I really like the idea that she's a tactile telepath. Ranged telepathy should be incredibly rare and difficult among mutants. Xavier and Jean might be the only ones who take to it naturally, Emma can with effort, and the Cuckoos only with collective assent. The rest of the telepaths in 616 require touch, or a Cerebro unit. Rachel specifically shouldn't be able to utilize her telekinesis and tactile telepathy at the same time. She's either flying, crushing, and burning things, or she's on the ground reading minds. I think with Danger Room practice, she can be a combat communications relay with her team, but it shouldn't be easy or comfortable.

I would NOT like her chronesthesia to be another of her powers though. While it worked in a few stories, I thought it was a gamebreaker if it were ever used effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Like what? How would you change her powers?
    While I DO like the idea of telepathy and telekinesis to be INHERITED powers, and I do not like the power of chronesthesia as her own mutation, I would introduce a new power-set that makes Rachel somewhat unique in the X-office, and something of a coveted prize. Like Harp suggests, Rachel's time as a Hound is essential to her character. It's her psychic ability to track mutants that I'd make her unique mutation. But I'd develop that power further... leading to the tactile ability to unlock latent mutations, enhance and boost mutant gifts, and completely shut off mutations. Whereas Leech sapped powers in proximity, Rachel's touch can remove your mutant power entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They could give Rachel the psimitar and fight with it but then she runs the risk of looking like Psylocke instead of Jean.
    Psylocke's my next target for unconventional and controversial opinions.

Fantastic Member

Shadowcat: Rogue has absorbed smart people

I don't know if that was subtle shade being thrown at Rogue, but I love her and still laughed.
    Last edited by magneticmushroom; 07-12-2019 at 07:42 PM.