Page 96 of 657 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 9849
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Psylocke recreating her body had the worst timing because Disassembled came right after, and then AoXM right after that. It'll be interesting to see what is happening with her in the Dawn of X.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    You can't offend me.
    I'd make him a human mutate from post-colonial, pre-slave-state Genosha. International sociopath monster-for-hire. The guy you get when you want something far more grisly than a bullet assassination.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I'd make him a human mutate from post-colonial, pre-slave-state Genosha. International sociopath monster-for-hire. The guy you get when you want something far more grisly than a bullet assassination.
    Least that would be more serious than D-list Mystique henchman. lol Get Frank Tierri to write & Jeanty to pencil it & we got the scary Sabretooth back.

I really like the idea of him being a "Wolverine" villain, rather than a recurring X-Men villain.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I really like the idea of him being a "Wolverine" villain, rather than a recurring X-Men villain.
    The way things are now, someone on another forum posted what could happen with the character. Not ideal, but the best thing for him these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by InsipidLust View Post
    If they want to make Sabretooth work again, they need to move him into Marvel’s street level titles and play up his psychopathy and murderous competence. He really doesn’t fit in an X-Men universe where logically speaking on the strength of powers and training alone, probably 60—75 percent of characters could mangle him as a matter of light work.

Put Sabretooth in Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Spider-Man or something and he can shine easily. Make him an adversary of Storm, Jean Grey, Psylocke as she is now, Polaris, and hell even people like Surge, Hellion, Armor and pretty much a team full of people whose powers have grown (and sometimes their competence, though the X-Men are often big morons despite years of experience) and what can we expect?

Sabretooth is a product of his time, existing well before decades of power creep. The X-Men have a much different order of concerns than anything that should be of any real consequence to someone like Sabes at this point anyway, since his beat should really be more along the lines of crime, money and murder and theirs tends to be “what are we going to do about today’s horrible state of the world?”

He’s not a bad character. He’s in the wrong place.
    He's lost his edge & effectiveness as a villain in the X-verse period. And all of his good appearances since 2017 have been in outside books.

Unpopular opinions huh...

-Wolverine is an over-hyped, over exposed mess of a character who should have stayed dead and didn't need the multiple replacements he got when he was.
    -House of X/Powers of 10 isn't going to fix anything. Its going to make a bigger mess of X-things for an extended period of time.
    -Magik's been more of a villain than a hero and should have just gone back to Limbo and stayed there
    -Magneto needs to just stick to being either a good guy or a bad guy for a nice long while. Ping-ponging back and forth is getting ridiculous.
    -The Iceman solo was a good book despite some of the issues and one of the best X-books to come out for awhile
    -The X-universe is full of plenty of characters who could maintain some solid solo books if they had decent writers and editors gave them a chance.

The way things are now, someone on another forum posted what could happen with the character. Not ideal, but the best thing for him these days.
    YES! That's the thread that got me thinking. First I wanted to get away from him being a born mutant cause 1. there's too many, and 2. I want his character concept to be about exploitation.

He's lost his edge & effectiveness as a villain in the X-verse period.
    I'd warp him with Captain Britain's Slaymaster in order to contrast the two characters. Captain Britain as heroic masculinity that's outlived it's era, and Sabretooth/Slaymaster as it's inverse: toxic masculine domination via exploitation that persists and corrupts. The Wolverine comparisons would persist, but Wolverine seeks atonement, whereas Sabretooth seeks domination.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Unpopular opinions huh...
    -Magneto needs to just stick to being either a good guy or a bad guy for a nice long while. Ping-ponging back and forth is getting ridiculous.
    This one is unpopular? Well, I share it. Totally ridiculous.
    Magneto should be something else than this weather vane.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I dont feel Magneto has done much ping ponging back and forth. He had a long stint as an anti hero from Claremont's Excalibur up until the end of Bunn's Blue last year. Thats almost 15 years. He's only had two major appearances since then (X-men Black and Disassembled) and he was more neutral there given the stories.
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-15-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont feel Magneto has done much ping ponging back and forth. He had a long stint as an anti hero from Claremont's Excalibur up until the end of Bunn's Blue last year. He's only had two major appearances since then (X-men Black and Disassembled) and he was more neutral there given the stories.
    Have to agreeda. ken & Emma have flip-flopped more than Magneto from what I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont feel Magneto has done much ping ponging back and forth. He had a long stint as an anti hero from Claremont's Excalibur up until the end of Bunn's Blue last year. He's only had two major appearances since then (X-men Black and Disassembled) and he was more neutral there given the stories.
    Less ping-pong lately but it is like the writers think it's a part of his character having second thoughts and going solo… after trying hard to be a part of a group and make concessions.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Magneto being a member of the X-Men and just hanging around like he's Rogue is mega wack
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Magneto being a member of the X-Men and just hanging around like he's Rogue is mega wack
    Keep your enemies close?

I loved 'Michael Xavier' Magneto from New Mutants, but he was always struggling with his nature(knowing he could never be like Charles, not really), and it's almost like his Hellfire Club membership(which he started with Storm, but she moved more away from that(especially after the whole Fall of the Mutants thing being 'killed' and all) leaving only him interacting with Selene, Sebastian, and Emma on the regular) corrupted him back to villainy(especially after he lost Cypher and then the whole class of kids when they went off on their adventures), where he eventually(after all that Savage Land craziness) becomes Claremont's X-Men vol 2 1991 Magneto, who we basically had all through the 90s. I think that's basically the best Magneto; leader of his people(first the Acolytes on Asteroid M/Avalon, and then Genosha in the later 90's), powerful and ruthless when necessary, a statesman, something of a messiah, with the grandiose self-image to match that. He's noble, but still scary, like a really charismatic cult leader/terrorist.

Bunn's Magneto was like a serial killer. I just don't see how we can accept him as a 'hero' if that word has any meaning anymore. I think Magneto is best as his own entity apart from the X-Men. They can occasionally work together against a common enemy, but they shouldn't be hanging out on the regular. Magneto has his own viewpoint and the power to back it up. He doesn't need the X-Men, and they shouldn't want to work with him unless they have no other choice. I feel the same about Emma. She's better off on her own, with her own team/school/group like the Hellions/Hellfire Club.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Speaking of Magneto, here's an unpopular opinion: he should have stayed dead after Claremont left the books in 1991. X-Men vol. 2 #3 was the perfect ending for him and the character arc Claremont had written for him.