Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    As I've said in all of the other threads I've made about gay characters, whether a character is a token or not depends entirely on the writing and the execution, not race, gender, sexuality, or other features.
    nope, it's a token change regardless of how well the execution is. it's basically saying "we cant make a black, hispanic or gay character good on his/her own so we either make him a derivative of a well known character or deliberately change a well known character into one". the fact that this happens a lot more compared to actually making a new character to be that icon proves my point

You're jumping to conclusions there. I am straight. I just like to read about a diverse range of characters.
    Yes, but you're specifically making threads about turning characters gay. Not black, asian, muslim, whatever.
    As I've said in all of the other threads I've made about gay characters, whether a character is a token or not depends entirely on the writing and the execution, not race, gender, sexuality, or other features.
    No, it's a cheap gimmick that doesnt pay. Many black people hate what happened with Wally and would rather have a new good character who happens to be black, rather than being served this gimmick.

Also, you completely ignored all the points Vanguard and I made about why WW needs to be straight.

Yes and she should be gay with Cheetah

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Yes, but you're specifically making threads about turning characters gay. Not black, asian, muslim, whatever.
    So far. I started with gay. I've got time.

No, it's a cheap gimmick that doesnt pay. Many black people hate what happened with Wally and would rather have a new good character who happens to be black, rather than being served this gimmick.

Also, you completely ignored all the points Vanguard and I made about why WW needs to be straight.
    Nope, a gimmick is all in the execution. A good story could be told about Diana learning something new about herself.

I agreed with Vanguard that bisexual would be okay. Your point is that she has to have sex with men to fight for equality between the sexes. That's obviously not true, there are many lesbian feminists and equality activists out there.

I never realized non-derivative straight female superheroes were so over-represented in the superhero world. /sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Yes and she should be gay with Cheetah

WW: Mmmm. You had Mexican for lunch.

Cheetah: Mmm. Why yes, darling. I did have a Mexican for lunch.

WW: Mmmm......wait, what?

Cheetah: Nothing! Nothing at all! Now come here.

Vanguard-01: (Faces the forum) I am so sorry. I will now go hide my face in shame!

*runs off.*
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Nope, a gimmick is all in the execution. A good story could be told about Diana learning something new about herself.
    Like "omfg, suddenly i am gay?" I dont think it works like that.
    I agreed with Vanguard that bisexual would be okay. Your point is that she has to have sex with men to fight for equality between the sexes.
    Considering the fact that she was raised in an environment with no men, had no father, and she comes here to teach men how to treat women, then yeah i think she should date men to be able to do that. She's not supposed to be a gay rights character, but a women rights character. Right now, she's the only one with that role in comics. You obviously dont know much about her, otherwise you'd have seen this and never asked to change it.

You can get your gay rights dose from Batwoman, E2 Green Lantern and more.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I would think Themyscira would naturally have a lot of it, and Diana may well have been a part of it, but that doesn't really make her gay any more than a gay person living in a hetero-dominated society.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Considering the fact that she was raised in an environment with no men, had no father, and she comes here to teach men how to treat women, then yeah i think she should date men to be able to do that. She's not supposed to be a gay rights character, but a women rights character. Right now, she's the only one with that role in comics. You obviously dont know much about her, otherwise you'd have seen this and never asked to change it.

You can get your gay rights dose from Batwoman, E2 Green Lantern and more.
    I think you can still get it from Wonder Woman, but she doesn't have to be gay herself in order for it to happen. She's all about love, empowerment and tolerance and that's appropriate for various demographics that may read her comic.

BANNED

It does work like that. Some people don't realize they are gay until well into adulthood, often after relationships with the opposite sex. A good story could be told about Diana meeting a woman she has a connection with and developing feelings for her.

436 posts and counting... TheFearlessDefender89's Avatar

When I've made these threads for other characters I've suggested creating an alternate gay version of the character, but not here. The mainline, New 52 Wonder Woman should be gay. She should have a revelation that her current flirtations with dudes are not fulfilling and should eventually start batting for the other team.

Wonder Woman has always been a gay icon. She is the D.C. character it most makes sense to switch. And her relationships with dudes have always been boring, IMO, it might be a lot more interesting to have her explore other options.

I would be fine with bisexual, as well, but I'd rather have her just be gay.
    Hallelujah! I never though I'd see the day when another poster liked the idea of her being straight up Lesbian instead of Bi. We can only hope and wish they take her down that path since its seems only natural for her character. Thanks for starting up a great on conversation about Diana and her sexuality.
    Pull List: Harley Quinn, Superman Unchained, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, The Fearless Defenders (R.I.P.)
    *~ValkyrieXAnnabelle~*

BANNED

It does work like that. Some people don't realize they are gay until well into adulthood, often after relationships with the opposite sex. A good story could be told about Diana meeting a woman she has a connection with and developing feelings for her.
    When has that ever happened? I've never seen a news report about someone being "struck gay" like they were hit with lightning.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    When has that ever happened? I've never seen a news report about someone being "struck gay" like they were hit with lightning.
    Not like lightning, but there have been cases where it took the right person to make someone realize it. But this isn't likely to happen with Diana.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

436 posts and counting... TheFearlessDefender89's Avatar

Great point in mentioning that some women do actually have realizations throughout their lifetimes that can change who they desire and who they've always been sexually speaking. While some women can go back to desiring men, women who were gay were more or less subjugated psychologically speaking in who they could express they're desire to in healthy forms. That led some to marrying men and living a lie until they've just turned 40/50 or even 60. This psychological subjugation and Homophobia/Lesbophobia still happens today in all forms of media (including comics by avoiding character progression and using the excuse of "tokenism" to strangle naturatal character exploration and creativity) and is only just starting to fall away.

For more information on this interesting subject:http://www.amazon.com/Living-Two-Liv.../dp/1461177464

Or:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meredith_Baxter
    Pull List: Harley Quinn, Superman Unchained, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, The Fearless Defenders (R.I.P.)
    *~ValkyrieXAnnabelle~*

Would Batman Be Better if He Were Gay?

It's Time For a Gay Superman

Wonder Woman Should Be Gay

Is there something wrong with the way these three character are now?
    Is there something faulty about being straight?
    Is there a particular reason you are finding it difficult to accept these character for who and what they are?
    "I'm going to score this T-shirt and I am going to wear it because I want to"