Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I think Marvel fans in general are more socially progressive. That's just based on my personal observation, but it would be interesting to see someone do a study or a survey.
    It doesnt have to do with being socially progressive at all. It has to do with radically changing a character that many people like and who has a specific purpose, just so that he/she can appease your tastes. It's the equivalent of having Batwoman be black and face racism, when her schtick is gay discrimination. If you want to read about black rights, you dont have to ask them to change Batwoman, you just need to pick up another comic book that deals with it.

WW cant serve her role as a feminist icon when she doesnt have any contact with men. It would amount to "if you want equality, just do away with men altogether. Lucky me, i dont even have a father!" It's not as simple for her, as it is with turning Wally West black or gay. It's equally as cheap though.

So either you are trolling and messing around, or you really are prejudiced yourself and cant see the actual reason that people dont like this.

Wonder Woman should be bisexual

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I think Marvel fans in general are more socially progressive. That's just based on my personal observation, but it would be interesting to see someone do a study or a survey.
    Yet there movies are horribly regressive with females serving first and foremost as love interests and minority characters as ineffective buddies. Meanwhile Marvel's progressive books have a tendency to get cancelled like Young Avengers.

Look if DC was promoting material that was in some way anti-minority in anyway you could get away with making generalizations, but it is not. Just because a tv show has no gay stereoty- I mean characters that does not mean its viewers are anti-gay. It is a logical jump that makes no sense.

We all want DC to be more diverse, but these books have to first and foremost sell and we can't appease everyone

> Why is there no gay here!
    > Why is there no trans here!
    > Why is there no black here!
    > why is there no hispanic here
    -10 gorillion lines later -
    > Why is there no shaman gendered here!
    > Why is there no dolphins here!

DC can't include everyone.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Seriously, WW should be a dolphin. I'd read that.

Fantastic Member

As long as it is with Lois I am game.

I get why people get upset over a lack of representation from their group. Most of us want someone to relate too and have similar experiences, but saying because DC lacks this and that reflects poorly on us as the consumer...

I've said this before, but if DC and Marvel were newer there line-up would be super diverse. The problem is that both of them were making characters in the 30's-60's and mostly stopped after that. They are vestiges of a different era and because consumers of both companies stoke these decades old franchises instead of new material we would see more of everything. Even then if you look at Image comics, sure the're line up has a better gender balance, but most of their books still feature mostly white people. Independent material from the 90's was far more diverse.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 06-27-2014 at 01:19 PM.

436 posts and counting... TheFearlessDefender89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    As long as it is with Lois I am game.
    As a Lois AND Wonder Woman fan, I am SO down for that! An emotional and mental connection from these two women would be out of sight, as I can see both of these two women supporting each other as friends, partners in justice, and watch a deeper affectional bond occur that both didn't imagine would over take them. I see Lois as a heteroflexible woman, as she's capable of loving from the heart. I would love to see Liana in an elseworlds just once.

Heteroflexible- http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heteroflexibility
    Pull List: Harley Quinn, Superman Unchained, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, The Fearless Defenders (R.I.P.)
    *~ValkyrieXAnnabelle~*

The best part about that pic is that WW doesnt need a swimming suit.

HER COSTUME ALREADY IS ONE!

On the other hand people who say, "But muh character wasn't originally designed for that!"

Well Superman wasn't originally designed to fly, be weak to kryptonite, shoots lazers, have cold breath, go through time, not kill people, etc but he can't be gay?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    On the other hand people who say, "But muh character wasn't originally designed for that!"

Well Superman wasn't originally designed to fly, be weak to kryptonite, shoots lazers, have cold breath, go through time, not kill people, etc but he can't be gay?
    You are talking about his powers evolving over time, not what he really is about.

And i think that it wouldnt be a big deal for him to be gay, because it wouldnt disconnect him from men the way it would for the already disconnected WW. Why do you guys dont get this simple thing? WW is a bit like Jesus is. She comes from a different world and sort of... well sinks into ours to teach us how to be better. It sounds condescending and i guess it is. But how can she do that without even touching the subject she's supposed to be preaching about?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheFearlessDefender89 View Post
    As a Lois AND Wonder Woman fan, I am SO down for that! An emotional and mental connection from these two women would be out of sight, as I can see both of these two women supporting each other as friends, partners in justice, and watch a deeper affectional bond occur that both didn't imagine would over take them. I see Lois as a heteroflexible woman, as she's capable of loving from the heart. I would love to see Liana in an elseworlds just once.

Heteroflexible- http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heteroflexibility
    I would so adore a love story for lois and WW as alternate earth. It has the potential to be one of the best love stories out there.

I don't understand why there is bad versions of heroes, but never gay versions of heroes. it really is screw up

hummm WW in the Marston days was always VERY gay. it wasn't even subtitle; so it is debatable.

Yet there movies are horribly regressive with females serving first and foremost as love interests and minority characters as ineffective buddies. Meanwhile Marvel's progressive books have a tendency to get cancelled like Young Avengers.

Look if DC was promoting material that was in some way anti-minority in anyway you could get away with making generalizations, but it is not. Just because a tv show has no gay stereoty- I mean characters that does not mean its viewers are anti-gay. It is a logical jump that makes no sense.

We all want DC to be more diverse, but these books have to first and foremost sell and we can't appease everyone

> Why is there no gay here!
    > Why is there no trans here!
    > Why is there no black here!
    > why is there no hispanic here
    -10 gorillion lines later -
    > Why is there no shaman gendered here!
    > Why is there no dolphins here!

DC can't include everyone.
    there's a big difference between being LGBT to a dolphin or a shaman non-gendering role. It's a absurd equal this.

young avengers was cancelled because the run of Mckelvie and Gillen ended
    Last edited by Blacksun; 06-27-2014 at 01:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    You are talking about his powers evolving over time, not what he really is about.

And i think that it wouldnt be a big deal for him to be gay, because it wouldnt disconnect him from men the way it would for the already disconnected WW. Why do you guys dont get this simple thing? WW is a bit like Jesus is. She comes from a different world and sort of... well sinks into ours to teach us how to be better. It sounds condescending and i guess it is. But how can she do that without even touching the subject she's supposed to be preaching about?
    what WW is teaching? straight sex?

BANNED

Seriously, WW should be a dolphin. I'd read that.
    hell since we're trying to represent, let's make her a butterfly. Butterfly's need more representation in today's comics.

I was just using super powers as an example, you could take anything from adding new cast members, villains, themes, etc that were not present on the original creation. It's just a refutation to a common argument I see on why a character can't have there sexuality swapped or race changed.

I think your criticism is true though in that she shouldn't completely gay, especially when she was created to show why men should submit to women. Her being gay does block that off. Still I don't actually think she should be gay or even bisexual. Pansexual would be better, or maybe universalsexual because as Azz tells us:

BANNED

again that has nothing to do with sexual orientation, the scene right after where she breaks free explains this. while she loves everyone, she will not allow her self to be submitted by anyone.