Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    And I don't care.
    thank you proving my point /thread

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    The solution is simple:

If you want a _(whatever_under-represented_group)_ superhero where there isn't one, be creative and make a new character from scratch.

Don't whine about "bigoted audiences won't accept original characters who are different". If that's true, what makes you think that these same "bigots" are really going to suddenly accept those same differences as long as they come in the familiar packaging of already-established heroes? Really?
    Mr. Bomma, you have just won the Internet!

/Thread.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    at this point detractors will hop on any bandwagon ship if it means no smww lol
    It has nothing to do with ships, even the problematic ones like smww

sexuality dhouldn't have any point in that. Specially when DC and comics writers completely forget the point of WW and Trevor in the new 52. again WW is a character for women not men and it isn't respected by DC. If a hetero man can't listen too a gay woman or men the problem is on the way they are raised.

And I don't care.
    Why not both?

I have no problem with gay characters. In fact i think Rucka's Batwoman run is superior to every WW run (from those i've read, i havent read everything). But if you cant see that a woman who hasnt seen a man in her life until she was 18 does indeed need a man to be able to send her message, then i have nothing else to say. I guess maybe she can point to Barda and Mr Miracle and say "see? This guy has no problem being with a more powerful woman. This is what i was talking about. Now if you'll excuse me i've got to meet my gf."
    It makes her look like a hypocrite, preaching about something she has no experience of. Diana's battlefield is that of the female-male relations. By being a lesbian she's essentially a backseat driver. Because romantic and spouse relationships are a big part of the male-female relationships. You take that away from her and what's left? The relationship a woman has with a co-worker?

If you cant see my point, then i dont know how else to explain it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I agree. There are lots of ways to understand people. Wonder Woman doesn't have to have sex with men to learn about them.
    )
    No, she just needs to have contact with them. But she hasnt had contact with men until she was 18. She doesnt even have a father.

Marston created her as a strong woman that would escape the prejudices of her time about women. And one of those was that if you get into male territory, then you're a bitch, or a lesbian, because being an astronaut, or a firefighter, or a lorry driver are manly things and a self respecting woman shouldnt do them. She should stay at home, cook dinner and try and be pretty for her husband.
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 06-27-2014 at 03:39 PM.

BANNED

The solution is simple:

If you want a _(whatever_under-represented_group)_ superhero where there isn't one, be creative and make a new character from scratch.

Don't whine about "bigoted audiences won't accept original characters who are different". If that's true, what makes you think that these same "bigots" are really going to suddenly accept those same differences as long as they come in the familiar packaging of already-established heroes? Really?
    how many new diverse characters dissappear? From DC there's a bunch, even in New 52 they screwed up with the EV crawford that is a lesbian.

LGBT needs a big icon for representativity

The solution is simple:

5 star post mate!

And with that, i'll leave this thread because it's giving me an aneurysm. It's the equivalent of going to a Batwoman forum and posting "hey, what if she dealt with gay bigotry but without being gay? What if she was.... a robot? Because i cant pick up transformers or anything else with robots, no, i gotta make everyone's character a robot, which is totally not selfish btw."
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 06-27-2014 at 05:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    No, she just needs to have contact with them. But she hasnt had contact with men until she was 18. She doesnt even have a father.
    I agree, I just don't understand why you seem to think a lesbian can't have contact with men.

5 star post mate!

And with that, i'll leave this thread because it's giving me an aneurysm. It's the equivalent of going to a Batwoman forum and posting "hey, what if she dealt with gay bigotry but without being gay? What if she was.... a robot? Because i cant pick up transformers or anything else with robots, no, i gotta make everyone's character a robot, which is totally not selfish btw, and i totally am not a robot in the closet."
    robots still have genders though
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

5 star post mate!

And with that, i'll leave this thread because it's giving me an aneurysm. It's the equivalent of going to a Batwoman forum and posting "hey, what if she dealt with gay bigotry but without being gay? What if she was.... a robot? Because i cant pick up transformers or anything else with robots, no, i gotta make everyone's character a robot, which is totally not selfish btw, and i totally am not a robot in the closet."
    QFT /thread

436 posts and counting... TheFearlessDefender89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I agree, I just don't understand why you seem to think a lesbian can't have contact with men.
    Exactly. I'm a Lesbian who's surrounded by men,both colleagues and friends. Me being gay hasn't stunted my experiences with the people I care for even if they aren't in my bed. The same can apply to Diana aswell.
    Pull List: Harley Quinn, Superman Unchained, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, The Fearless Defenders (R.I.P.)
    *~ValkyrieXAnnabelle~*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheFearlessDefender89 View Post
    Exactly. I'm a Lesbian who's surrounded by men,both colleagues and friends. Me being gay hasn't stunted my experiences with the people I care for even if they aren't in my bed. The same can apply to Diana aswell.
    yep.

Why not both?

I have no problem with gay characters. In fact i think Rucka's Batwoman run is superior to every WW run (from those i've read, i havent read everything). But if you cant see that a woman who hasnt seen a man in her life until she was 18 does indeed need a man to be able to send her message, then i have nothing else to say. I guess maybe she can point to Barda and Mr Miracle and say "see? This guy has no problem being with a more powerful woman. This is what i was talking about. Now if you'll excuse me i've got to meet my gf."
    It makes her look like a hypocrite, preaching about something she has no experience of. Diana's battlefield is that of the female-male relations. By being a lesbian she's essentially a backseat driver.

If you cant see my point, then i dont how else to explain it.
    of course she doesn't need a man. Sorry if she can't feel sexual pleasure with men, so everything she says about men are completely invalid.
    let me modify it:
    guess maybe she can point to Barda and Mr Miracle and say "see? This guy has no problem being with a more powerful woman. This is what i was talking about. Now if you'll excuse me i've got to meet my bf Superman."
    It's far more problematic.

now if she was the guy saying it you would have a bigger point to make, because he will never have to date stronger woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Is this really the new thing? Going through every single section of the forums and making a _____ should be Gay topic?
    Another thread with the same topic? Just give the OP his own sub-forum....

Quote Originally Posted by TheFearlessDefender89 View Post
    of course she doesn't need a man. Sorry if she can't feel sexual pleasure with men, so everything she says about men are completely invalid.
    let me modify it:
    What does sexual pleasure have to do with anything? How exactly do you expect any woman in the 1950ies sexist america to listen to her when she is a woman raised on an island of only women, who then only dates women and who has no experience with men? How can she not pass as a backseat driver when saying to a housewife how to deal with her man, if she's never had one? How the hell can you speak about men, if you havent had to deal with their goods, their bads, their soccer nights, their farts, their obnoxious friends from work, their obsession with your breasts, etc? How can batman be the poster child for gay bigotry if he hasnt felt it?

WW wasnt made as a poster child for gay rights, but for feminism. For inspiring women to get out of the kitchen and not take that abuse anymore. Her origin is obviously on the nose and kind of reverse sexist and that sets her on a specific path in regards to her mission.

And how can you miss my point about the prejudice about dynamic women being labelled bitches or lesbians? The point should be that you can look pretty, like men, but not have your life revolving around them and expect to be treated as equal. In a workplace, in a relationship, in a marriage.
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 06-27-2014 at 04:40 PM.

BANNED

What does sexual pleasure have to do with anything? How exactly do you expect any woman in the 1950ies sexist america to listen to her when she is a woman raised on an island of only women, who then only dates women and who has no experience with men? How can she not pass as a backseat driver when saying to a housewife how to deal with her man, if she's never had one? How the hell can you speak about men, if you havent had to deal with their goods, their bads, their soccer nights, their farts, their obnoxious friends from work, their obsession with your breasts, etc? How can batman be the poster child for gay bigotry if he hasnt felt it?

WW wasnt made as a poster child for gay rights, but for feminism. For inspiring women to get out of the kitchen and not take that abuse anymore.

And how can you miss my point about the prejudice about dynamic women being labelled bitches or lesbians? The point should be that you can look pretty, like men, but not have your life revolving around them and expect to be treated as equal. In a workplace, in a relationship, in a marriage.
    basically you cant teach a math class if you know jack sh&% about math.

BANNED

What does sexual pleasure have to do with anything? How exactly do you expect any woman in the 1950ies sexist america to listen to her when she is a woman raised on an island of only women, who then only dates women and who has no experience with men? How can she not pass as a backseat driver when saying to a housewife how to deal with her man, if she's never had one? How the hell can you speak about men, if you havent had to deal with their goods, their bads, their soccer nights, their farts, their obnoxious friends from work, their obsession with your breasts, etc? How can batman be the poster child for gay bigotry if he hasnt felt it? .
    She's not Dear Abby. Her mission is to promote peace and equality, not to tell women how to handle a man.

Also, I will point out that Wonder Woman has never really been married, except briefly as the Earth Two version and mostly off-screen, and for most of her existence was an implied virgin, so she's never had that kind of experience with men most of the time and her mission didn't fall apart. Even now, Superman doesn't count, he's not human and he doesn't have any of the flaws of human men.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 06-27-2014 at 04:51 PM.