Default Batman and The Mad Monk?

I intend to read Batman and the Monster Men before the Monster Men event this September/ October, but I found out that it is only part one of two of the Dark Moon Rising saga. Unfortunately, I don't think that the two parts have been collected together. The trades for Mad Monk are riduiculously expensive ($40+ used) and it doesn't even appear in the DC digital store. Does anyone know why this particular story is so hard to find (especially when the first part was recently reprinted) and why the saga was never collected as a whole?

Edit: Oh ****! Monster Men wasn't reprinted recently, my LCS has it undermarked by $45 bucks. I'd better snap that up!

Edit 2:
    image.jpg
    They totally forgot they had it. It looks like its going for $30 used online Now I just need to find a Mad Monk...
    Last edited by Pohzee; 06-25-2016 at 03:07 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I bought the 2 volumes back in the day, no idea why it hasn't been reprinted again but am sure it will be at some point. Wagner's tale is like a pulp sequel to YEAR ONE based on Golden Age TEC issues. His Grendel vs The Shadow rocks as well.

Love both stories. I found them pretty easy online a few months ago. The attention to deal with year one continuity was appreciated
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Incredible Member

I don't know, I got it new for £6 on Amazon about 2 years ago.