Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Post Your SPIDER-MANDATE Questions Here!

Hey CBR Community!

We just kicked off a new Spider-Man Q&A column, SPIDER-MANDATE, with Spidey-Editor Nick Lowe -- and the column is always going to need a few good questions from awesome Spider-Fans!

Usually, we'll have a topic for discussion during the column, but I wanted to give everyone a space to post questions about the Spider-Books in a general fashion. Maybe one of yours will get picked for a SPIDER-MANDATE column.

Either way, ask away and I'll see what I can do about getting some of them answered during our column.

Check out the first column here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52543

Thanks, Community!
    Steve

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Will these be done every week? Really cool thing to do!

Nick ~ For all his talk of Great Responsibility, its amusing to think that the Peter Parker half has typically been anything but. Dropping out of graduate school, working menial jobs, poor money management. So it was refreshing to see SpOck take a proactive approach on the Peter Parker front. Will Peter be pushing that momentum going forward? Because he sure seemed to regress and blow everything off the first chance he had to himself, just to go web-swinging.

When next we see Phil Urich, will he still be the Goblin Knight or can we expect a new persona?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Are there any major plans for MJ?

Dear Mr Lowe

I have couple of things I'd like to put forward

After Amazing Spider-man #1 and although I liked some of it, it was the back story of Black Cat that didn't sit well with me, I just couldn't see any hint of the Black Cat I know and love. Although I understand that it was because of what she went through at the hands of Superior Spider-man and the resulting effect of that. While I do understand that there are changes for her in the future, I think you said "cool and terrifying in a lot of ways", which I hope you can elaborate on, I just hope I get to see some of who she was by the end of the 5th issue.

on a separate note I think, actually I believe that Black Cat's story might have had a bigger effect if there was no dialogue.

I also have a concern

My concern is what you've been doing with the women in Peter's life. Silver Sable is still MIA, Carlie's left, for good by the look of it, Mary Jane no longer wants anything to do with his spider life and what kills me is that Black Cat is reverting to her old Super Villainy ways in order to get revenge on Spider-man for something that wasn't really his doing, even though from her perspective it "his doing".

What I was wondering, is there any chance of a reconciliation of the relationship between Spider-man and Black Cat, no matter how small. for example one though I had was What if at the end of all this she goes back to jail but Spider-man visits her, stating that this was the only way to get her to sit and listen, tells her what happened, and says if you can no longer trust Spider-man, maybe you'll trust Peter Parker and take his mask off when he says it. Showing he still trusts her even though she doesn't trust him. Of course he'll have Captain America switch off all monitoring the room and also he'll hire her the best lawyer there is, in this case Jennifer Walters/She-hulk since Mat Murdock can no longer practise law in New York

And is there any chance that Black Cat will get back part of who she was, because if she was to turn full villain I'm not sure how I would feel about, especially if she becomes a full enemy of Spider-man. what made her so appealing to me is the fact she was an anti-hero, someone who would still break the law, but you could count on in a pinch. I feel that from the back story in issue you are trying to throw all that out the window. I hope I'm wrong in this and that you do have something special planned for her and Spider-man not as a full enemies but the can be count on each other even if they are more frenemies the friends.

also is there any way of Silver Sable coming back any time soon, because I'm sure she would make a good love interest for Spider-man and do have any big plans for Mary Jane now and down the line.

Regarding Anna, at the beginning I wasn't too fond of her, because she was part of the Superior Spider-man run, and I guess I'm still not, but now that she knows he's Spider-man that might change, but only if she knows the whole truth, the swap everything, because if she still goes round thinking he's the man she fell in love with and that they might marry, I don't think I would change the way I currently think of her, she would always be a reminder of a time I wasn't really enjoying Spider-man.

Regarding Mary Jane I wasn't too happy with her just dismissing the fact the Peter was in essence "dead" during the whole Superior Spider-man run. Although I can understand why, it just felt cold and there was no hint of emotion regarding what happened to him.

I guess my big concern is that every women he had a relationship with is either gone, no longer wants having anything to do with him or wants revenge on him, it just seems to me that you're pushing him to depend on Anna Maria when he's troubled and it certainly looks that way by what I read in Amazing Spider-man #1.

before I forget, it's really killing me that I have to wait FIVE months for this arc to end and find out how Black Cat comes out of it, rather than the normal two and a half.

one last question, will he be meeting up with Jessica Jones & Luke Cage and the other Mighty Avengers in the future and try to fix things with them.

Please excuse the mishmash of my writing I put it together it was like to separate questions

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to read my post, I hope you can answer some of what I've posted.

Regards
    Animehunter
    Last edited by Animehunter; 05-22-2014 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Added to the post

Did the mega success of the whole Superior Spider-Man series come as a surprise to you? Any future plans for Otto, besides a Spider-Verse appearance?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Hey Nick, two questions for you here...

a. Despite his erasing of himself from Peter's memories I'm pretty sure that old Doc Ock will be back some day, but having enjoyed his time in the driver's seat for the most part could you say whether when Otto returns that he won't just be his old villainous self again? I would hate the idea of him returning and that the things he learnt in Superior Spider Man meant nothing. Also if that happens I definitely want an Otto/Anna moment.

b. Sort of related to questions by others above... is the Spider Office ever likely to let Peter and MJ date or be a couple again? I recognise that ever since One More Day MJ has been the one who got the biggest stink and the writers since have rarely known what to do with her, yet felt compelled from her popularity to have her appear, but I am getting really tired of these constant obstacles in them getting back together.

Dear Mr Lowe

Came across this, can you confirm

3804061-1801800024-Amaz_.jpg
    3804074-2186911440-Amaz_.jpg

On the heels of their "Spider-Verse" announcement Marvel has announced the moment that swings Peter Parker through time and space.... His Wedding! From the splintered fringes of Peter Parker's mind comes the event that rock the comic world and Marvel has shared with Comic Frontline the teaser from theSuperior writer of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Dan Slott (Superior Spider-Man) and fan-favorite artist Humberto Ramos (Superior Spider-Man)!

In the wake of Goblin Nation Peter Parker's mind has been splintered, his memories mixed up with those of Otto Octavius after he perged Peter Parker from his mind last year. Peter latches onto the memories that mean the most those of the ones he loves the most.

“Peter becomes determined to try and regain his life after Doc Ock wrecked it. So he holds onto the memories of the ones he loved, but he mixes his memories of proposing to Mary Jane with the memory of Otto preparing to propose to Anna Maria. He’s going to find out that regaining his old life is not as easy as he’d hoped, especially when the guest are asked to 'speak now or forever hold their peace.'”

– Nick Lowe, Senior Editor

“It’s going to be a huge year for all things Spider! If you thought I shook things up last year you haven't seen anything yet!”

– Dan Slott

Don't miss the wedding of the century! When the rice falls – will there still be a happy ever-after? How does this spin into Spider-Verse? It all begins this July in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #5!
    EDIT: It's recently come to my attention that where I got this from might have actually been and April fools day prank, if it is my apologies for bringing it up.

Regards
    Animehunter
    Last edited by Animehunter; 05-06-2014 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Added to post

Quote Originally Posted by Animehunter View Post
    Dear Mr Lowe

Came across this, can you confirm

3804061-1801800024-Amaz_.jpg
    3804074-2186911440-Amaz_.jpg

Regards
    Animehunter
    Considering Amazing Spider-Man #4 isn't solicited until July 16 it seems unlikely that the next issue would come a week later.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mr. Lowe,

Any future plans regarding Spider-Girl aka Anya Corazon?

Mr. Lowe,

Will Spider-Man every receive his "Old Man Logan" style maxiseries whereas we finally get a 3rd act for Peter Parker, letting him roll off into the sunset? Longtime geeks, myself included, would love this - to undo OMD, reunite with MJ, and find his forgotten child. Wishful thinking but its still there.

How unreleastic would it be to continually run two Spider-Man comics a month? One whereas its the current version and another where he has settled down?

Just curious. Thank you.
    Andrew

Dear Mr Lowe

I realise this might not be your department, but I'm hoping you can answer this question. What are the chances of The Amazing Spider-man: Family Business OGN becoming an animated feature? and although a long shot would there be any possibility of it turning up on the big screen rather than just going straight to DVD and Blue-ray.

Thanks & Regards
    Animehunter

P.S.

I hope will be able to answer some of my questions/concerns in post #6 above

Thanks again

Dear Mr Lowe.

Is there any plan for Spider-Woman in Spiderverse? Any chanche that her be involved in Amazing Spiderman?

Thanks so much.

Will Julia Carpenter be making a return any time soon?