Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What's your take on Silver Sable entering the MCU through Spider-man ?

While not officially confirmed, there are talks of bringing Spider-man Frenemy Silver Sable into the Big Screen.

As fans of Spider-man what's your take on it ?

To me, I find it interesting if they can bring her into Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D as a rival team, a much better rival team with a reputation to match, and have them become occasional allies in the lead into Infinity War.

Homecoming just started filming and they're already thinking of spin-offs. Sony needs to not make the same mistakes they made last time, but they can't seem to help themselves.

Seems a bit redundant with the talk about a Black Widow film.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

They really should be thinking of spin-offs. At least start planning for down the line. I don't know about Silver Sable, though. I suppose she could have old beef with Natasha from her eviler days, but she's changed since then of course. Maybe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Homecoming just started filming and they're already thinking of spin-offs. Sony needs to not make the same mistakes they made last time, but they can't seem to help themselves.
    Make note that this was before the deal with Marvel, whom now they are allowing to take point in navigating Spider-man and his mythos through the MCU.

So if Homecoming is successful, then maybe down the line we could be seeing her make some appearance on film.

Sony just can't help themselves .

Ultimate Member

Would I like to see her in the MCU, yeah. She could be one of those fun kind of morally grey type of espionage characters.

Can she carry her own movie, ehh IDK? I mean it's Marvel and they can seemingly make any concept on film sell (there's brand recognition and loyalty now). And the easiest way to do it is, she's older than Peter, simple as that. But I'd be lying if I said that she was anywhere near the top of my list as far as "female Marvel character who should get their own films in the near-future."

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Make note that this was before the deal with Marvel, whom now they are allowing to take point in navigating Spider-man and his mythos through the MCU.

So if Homecoming is successful, then maybe down the line we could be seeing her make some appearance on film.
    They had all sorts of plans, and then ASM 2 underperformed, and they rushed off to make a deal with Marvel. They're putting the cart before the horse with talk of spin-offs as the new Spider-Man movie has just begun filming. They should focus on making sure they have a good Spider-Man film before they even think of spin-offs.

BANNED

I don't think it hurts to plan ahead. Movies take a bit of planning.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I don't think it hurts to plan ahead. Movies take a bit of planning.
    When it's Sony, and after the mess that was the ASM franchise, I'd say it does.

BANNED

When it's Sony, and after the mess that was the ASM franchise, I'd say it does.
    Sometimes movies are made that you don't like. Doesn't mean you're gonna hate every movie they make in the future.

Either way, they rightly should be planning spin-offs. Kinda comes with having movie rights.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Sometimes movies are made that you don't like. Doesn't mean you're gonna hate every movie they make in the future.

Either way, they rightly should be planning spin-offs. Kinda comes with having movie rights.
    I'd have more faith in these projects if Sony had displayed anything resembling competence in how they handled their movie franchises. The idea that they are once again rushing off to do Spidey spin-offs before even the new foundation is laid doesn't inspire confidence.

I'd have more faith in these projects if Sony had displayed anything resembling competence in how they handled their movie franchises. The idea that they are once again rushing off to do Spidey spin-offs before even the new foundation is laid doesn't inspire confidence.
    Aw, come on. You know they're going to do an amazing job with that spin-off. Just like the Sinister Six movie that's still totally gonna happen, you guys.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

BANNED

Spider-Man got a pretty excellent reception in Civil War, so I'm thinking his solo is gonna do well. And since they already have a script, they have the details of his world in order. So unless they're pumping spin-offs out before Homecoming hits, I don't see the problem with planning stuff for their other Spidey properties.

It's like saying you can't start planning what you wanna do on your vacation until you're actually on vacation. Sure, it might rain or you get a sudden idea once you're off the plane, but at least get on the plane with a semblance of a plan.
    Last edited by cyberhubbs; 06-27-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Their attempts at spinning off the Spider-Man franchise resulted ASM2, and I see no reason to believe that their attempts at doing it again will go any different, even if Marvel Studios is doing most of the work on Homecoming.

Especially if this doesn't even involve Marvel Studios, as seems to also be the case with the Venom spinoff.

I think it's telling that Kevin Feige has focused purely on getting the solo Spider-Man movie right, while Sony is still obsessed with spinoffs and making a shared cinematic Spider-Man universe for themselves.