Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Thor Odinson Sports All-New Look, Shares Marvel NOW! Teaser With Miles Morales

The latest shattered Marvel NOW! teaser pairs the former God of Thunder with the young Spider-Man.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

So they got rid of the long hair but they covered his chest... one step forward, two steps back.

Makes sense considering where we last saw Odinson and what is currently happening in the book that Aaron will (finally) close the chapter post Original Sin in October.
    Now the big question, is Jason Aaron going to stop his run on Thor for the occasion ?

Yes! Thor Odinson! Back to prominence. I wonder if he'll get his own solo again and what creative team will be behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    So they got rid of the long hair but they covered his chest... one step forward, two steps back.
    They're all about teasing. Do you not see the chest cleavage?

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Teasing cleavage doesn't cut it when he's already gone full-on bare-chested.

Does he have a metal arm now too?

Extraordinary Member

Looks awful.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Yeeeeah, but it kinda makes him look like he's got actual boobs. XD

I like that Thor is coming back (though I heard he did appear in the current "Mighty Thor" series) and also glad to see the beard is staying (his hair cut also looks good). I just wish he could have stayed in his last outfit, instead of this ugly new look. And I wish the mjolnir of the Ultimate Universe would have stayed in the Ultimate Universe. The hammer just looks terrible.
    Last edited by masksNcapes; 06-27-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Looks like Thor is finally coming back .

Just now apparently as Ultimate Thor...

Have to wonder what the symbolism behind pairing him against Miles is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Does he have a metal arm now too?
    Well, he's had one for a while .

We knew this was coming as soon as Thors closed with the shot of Ultimate Mjolnir. This shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

Wow does anyone else get the feeling of some seriously wacky bodyswap\ mind melding shenanigans with these teasers. I mean I can't be the only one noticing that these characters are placed together for a reason. And the composition has them breaking down and reforming into other people.

I'd be one thing for promotional concept art like DC has with their new rebirth costumes.

But even the actual marvel now logo appeared broken. (Not to mention the little tag line, "Divided we...Fall (2016)"

I just think some of these would be halarious and interesting, panther and prowler have a prince\pauper motif, can you imagine slapstick switching with Carol. And does this teaser mean miles would technically be worthy... of the ult. Hammer?

Just some speculation being thrown out there.
    I do Comic Art here! - http://iconiciceblog.tumblr.com/

So I wonder what the "catch" will be for Thor coming back? He has to use Ultimate Mjolnir now for the foreseeable future? He's going to be opposed to Jane for some reason? Something about becoming Thor again makes him act OOC and villainous?

Maybe there won't be a catch at all, but given Marvel's track record of late I'm expecting something .

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Wow, you all realize this was a 1/2 portion of a preview image of Thor for a promo image of upcoming events. We haven't seen a complete image, haven't seen who the actual artist will be or know of the full details of any story. Lets not get riled up over so little given. Be excited and curious, but wait to judge.

I'm interested to see how Thor gets out of his current situation and moves into this next adventure.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Just looks like Ultimate Thor to me. Like they were too lazy to really come up with something new and just used that leftover look.