Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    anyone else sick of everything on cartoon network just being 11 minutes?

that's not enough time for a real action series

I disagree. Adventure Time & Steven Universe are just 11 minute episodes and both series have managed to have plenty of action and character growth/development over the course of their run. 11 minutes is more then enough time to work with if you are good at your job.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

If they used this design for superman,but made it adult it would be perfect for comics

Astonishing Member

Well, of course Space Cabbie's in it. How else are they supposed to get around? The space buses don't run on Sundays and the Guardians were too cheap to construct a space subway system. And not everyone can afford their own space car.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    anyone else sick of everything on cartoon network just being 11 minutes?

that's not enough time for a real action series
    I guess you haven't been watching Steven Universe, Regular Show, Samurai Jack and Adventure Time then. The aforementioned shows typically don't run any longer then eleven minutes but they certainly do pack quite a punch of action backed by a good quick depth of fast paced story telling. I'm just thankful to see a real comic book show back on Cartoon Network and I like how JL:Action is following in the vein of Batman: Brave and the Bold. I think that Cartoon Network is finally taking a step in the good direction again as I've sorely missed the DC Comics block that they had going with Amethyst Princess of Gemworld, Green Lantern TAS and Young Justice a few years ago. I just wish Marvel/Disney Channel would take a cue from DC and get "Weirdworld" airing as a animated TV show as that comic would make for a great trippy cartoon. Also, Bungie's "Destiny" video game would make a for a great animated series on either Cartoon Network's defunct Miguzi or the Adultswim anime block "Toonami".

Just looking at the art makes me happy, I'm so excited for this!

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZionAkeda View Post
    I guess you haven't been watching Steven Universe, Regular Show, Samurai Jack and Adventure Time then. The aforementioned shows typically don't run any longer then eleven minutes but they certainly do pack quite a punch of action backed by a good quick depth of fast paced story telling. I'm just thankful to see a real comic book show back on Cartoon Network and I like how JL:Action is following in the vein of Batman: Brave and the Bold. I think that Cartoon Network is finally taking a step in the good direction again as I've sorely missed the DC Comics block that they had going with Amethyst Princess of Gemworld, Green Lantern TAS and Young Justice a few years ago. I just wish Marvel/Disney Channel would take a cue from DC and get "Weirdworld" airing as a animated TV show as that comic would make for a great trippy cartoon. Also, Bungie's "Destiny" video game would make a for a great animated series on either Cartoon Network's defunct Miguzi or the Adultswim anime block "Toonami".

Not to nitpick, but Samurai Jack episodes were usually 22 minutes each and took up a half hour block counting commercials.

But yes overall your point is valid, many of Cartoon Network's 11-minute (or 15 minute if you count commercials) programs have been overall well executed and enjoyable series.

And man I miss DC Nation, lots of fun shorts on there in-between shows.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Not to nitpick, but Samurai Jack episodes were usually 22 minutes each and took up a half hour block counting commercials.

But yes overall your point is valid, many of Cartoon Network's 11-minute (or 15 minute if you count commercials) programs have been overall well executed and enjoyable series.

And man I miss DC Nation, lots of fun shorts on there in-between shows.
    You're not nitpicking man. I'm humbled to stand corrected.

I've been wondering how long it will be before we actually see any promotional footage of Justice League Action? I'm itching for a trailer or a TV spot. I'm really psyched to see Space Cabbie in motion! Firestorm looks pretty cool on that cover too!

Niffleheim

I don't think i can watch an infantile looking JL unless Modred had something to do with it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZionAkeda View Post
    You're not nitpicking man. I'm humbled to stand corrected.

I've been wondering how long it will be before we actually see any promotional footage of Justice League Action? I'm itching for a trailer or a TV spot. I'm really psyched to see Space Cabbie in motion! Firestorm looks pretty cool on that cover too!
    Comic Con is next month and this show has a panel on the 21st.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Comic Con is next month and this show has a panel on the 21st.
    That's awesome! Thanks for the info!