Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Spider-Man: Homecoming" Casts "Beasts Of No Nation's" Abraham Attah

Acclaimed 15-year-old Ghana-born actor Abraham Attah has been added to the ever-growing cast of Marvel/Sony's "Spider-Man: Homecoming."

Full article here.

...Miles ?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

...?

But seriously, this movie is getting seriously crowded, and apparently with predominantly new characters rather than established ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

...?

But seriously, this movie is getting seriously crowded, and apparently with predominantly new characters rather than established ones.
    Well, it's hard to really tell how many of the cast are "new characters" when we don't even know who most of them are playing.

That said...I would be genuinely surprised if Marvel Studios introduces Miles in the first new Spider-Man movie starring Peter Parker.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it's hard to really tell how many of the cast are "new characters" when we don't even know who most of them are playing.

That said...I would be genuinely surprised if Marvel Studios introduces Miles in the first new Spider-Man movie starring Peter Parker.
    I guess it's more that since few characters have been named and no one actively screams 'That's Flash' or 'That's MJ' or 'That's Liz' or 'That's Kong' we don't know what to think. I guess I'd rather they include lots of new characters from enthic backgrounds or established character like Miles, Ganke and Kong than any overly politically correct changes to Mary Jane or something. Sounds like Michele Gonzales from the comics will be the initial love interest for Peter anyway...

Spectacular Member

Could just be a classmate.

I guess it's more that since few characters have been named and no one actively screams 'That's Flash' or 'That's MJ' or 'That's Liz' or 'That's Kong' we don't know what to think. I guess I'd rather they include lots of new characters from enthic backgrounds or established character like Miles, Ganke and Kong than any overly politically correct changes to Mary Jane or something. Sounds like Michele Gonzales from the comics will be the initial love interest for Peter anyway...
    I think that depends. I mean(that's just an exemple), if any white girl is cast as a non revealed character, we won't know who she is. But she can pretty much be Mary Jane and just didn't dyed her hair red yet.

BANNED

Well this is the first time people can shout Miles and I wont think its BS. Granted I be surprised for a full fledged Miles introduction at this point. At best I expect an Easter Egg. Like a mailbox, a letter, off hand mention of his name. Still this is the first actor cast where I don't automatically think BS. Granted perhaps casting an actual Black Latino would best.

Astonishing Member

I'm thinking...not Miles.

I also think Donald Glover might be Phil Urich.

All-New Member

What do you mean by this? It reads like Mary Jane shouldn't be anyone other than a red haired white woman. Why not? Because of a 60 year old drawing? Correct me if I'm getting a wrong read on your comment.

I would be truly amazed if he's actually playing Miles, even though he looks perfect for the role I don't think Marvel would go there.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mobbdeep View Post
    What do you mean by this? It reads like Mary Jane shouldn't be anyone other than a red haired white woman. Why not? Because of a 60 year old drawing? Correct me if I'm getting a wrong read on your comment.
    Why shouldn't MJ have red hair? What logical reason is there to change that?
    Cyclops was right

At this point, all these casting news reports are becoming obsolete. When are they going to reveal who these actors' characters are?
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

BANNED

A lot of young actors have been announced so far, so I'm thinking most of them will just be highschool friends of Peters and not have much screen time. This kid is the right age to play Miles, though.

Spectacular Member

Are they going to announce the man who will be Pedestrian #1?