Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Suicide Squad" Generating More Social Media Buzz Than "Star Wars: Rogue One"

According to social media statistics, conversations about "Suicide Squad" are outpacing "Rogue One," "Star Trek Beyond," and "Ghostbusters."

Full article here.

Astonishing Member

of course there is. Right now there's way more material and advertising.

I'm actually their going to cause some fatigue before the movie actually debuts....

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

No suprise there, Suicide Squad is the next big comicbook film coming this summer and Ghostbusters & Star Trek arent exactly big competition. No offense to either I love Star Trek but it wont be bigger then Suicide Squad.

As for Star Wars we will probably see the hype & buzz increase closer to release.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Mighty Member

Suicide squad is a little over two months away and has tons of material out there. While there is what? 1 EW article and 1 trailer for Rogue One. The movie is 6 months away. Next thing you'll tell me SS has more buzz than DR. Strange, lol...

Resist putting click bait out there, please. It does not suit this website...

For the record, I'm super excited for SS... I have high hopes...

How about reporting on how the early buzz compares with BvS and CA:CW and X-Men:A for the same time frame.
    Last edited by solletaire; 06-27-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Im not surprised. SS is coming in like a month and a half. Its new. This is like the 8th star wars film and it doesnt come out till Dec. I hope both do well. Well hell I guess I dont have to hope for Star Wars lol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    According to social media statistics, conversations about "Suicide Squad" are outpacing "Rogue One," "Star Trek Beyond," and "Ghostbusters."

Full article here.
    Lets see

Star Wars will be fine.

Star Trek just lost a CAST MEMBER and have cancelled promotional events for a time. I don't think they give a care about social media right now.

Ghostbusters-immature fanboy has done enough promotion for that film.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Hopefully SS does well. 2016 has been murder for many franchise and big studio films.

Zoolander 2

Divergent: Allegiant

The Huntsman

The Boss

X-Men Apocalypse

Alice Through The Looking Glass

TMNT Out Of The Shadows

Independence Day Resurgence

Warcraft - Performing better overseas but domestically it's a bomb.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Hopefully SS does well. 2016 has been murder for many franchise and big studio films.

I agree. 2016 has arguably been A pretty poor year for cinema in general. Between films underperforming or being down right disappointing or bad I have to say from a personal standpoint this has been the most disheartening year for me I can think of in recent memory. Out of all the films i've seen so far this year I would say there only been 3 I have genuinly enjoyed. The rest have ranged from down right terrible to just ok at best. Hopefully though things will pick up abit as the year goes on.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

A movie that's coming in August is generating more buzz than a movie coming in December? Inconceivable!

Suicide Squad has an air of make or break about it for the DC film universe... or, to me it does, at least. I'm also looking forward to seeing Will Smith in it - I'm still so curious as to what attracted him to the role (and I really hope it isn't a load of "My black... (probably ass)" comments. We all know what colour you are, Will, but you have fans because of your charisma).

That said, personally, I've never been a Star Wars fan and Ghost Busters doesn't interest me in any way whatsoever... and if millions of others feel the same way, I could understand why.

I find this genuinely surprising. I actually think the execs at the studios are just as surprised. Suicide Squad is a very different kind of superhero movie and I think the success of Deadpool shows that this kind of superhero movie can work. After seeing all these hero vs. hero movies, I think the movie-going public his hungry for something different. And I think that's exactly what Suicide Squad offers.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I find this genuinely surprising. I actually think the execs at the studios are just as surprised. Suicide Squad is a very different kind of superhero movie and I think the success of Deadpool shows that this kind of superhero movie can work. After seeing all these hero vs. hero movies, I think the movie-going public his hungry for something different. And I think that's exactly what Suicide Squad offers.
    After all the hero vs hero movies? You mean all two of them in Civil War and BvS? Also while I get the comparison a bit I hardly think Suicide Squad is going to be anything like Deadpool aside from dark humor which is far from a Deadpool exclusive.

There was a report that there were more Suicide Squad tweets and what not, then BvS and CW combined.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

My give a damn's busted Kevin T Brown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Suicide squad is a little over two months away and has tons of material out there. While there is what? 1 EW article and 1 trailer for Rogue One. The movie is 6 months away. Next thing you'll tell me SS has more buzz than DR. Strange, lol...

Resist putting click bait out there, please. It does not suit this website...

For the record, I'm super excited for SS... I have high hopes...

How about reporting on how the early buzz compares with BvS and CA:CW and X-Men:A for the same time frame.
    Closer to 5 weeks away.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    After seeing all these hero vs. hero movies, I think the movie-going public his hungry for something different. And I think that's exactly what Suicide Squad offers.
    Cause its villains against villains. Just kidding, love the Squad