All-New Member

Red face Dark Horse Star Wars Sketch Variant Question

Hi,

Hope this is in the right place. I'm looking for a little bit of advice if anyone can help. I have all the Star Wars Alex Ross Variant sketch covers

These ones http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=43135

I may have the opportunity to get them or at least the first one signed by Mark Hamill. Does anyone think this would be a good move to increase the value and appeal of the books? Or should I not bother?

Just wondering what the thoughts are from other comic fans. Thanks for any thoughts you guys can give.

All-New Member

Has no one got an opinion on this at all?

Might not be of much help here, but I'm not sure if there's a whole lot of comic collectors here who really think about the value of issues a lot. I assume it would increase the value in case you want to sell it on eBay or something. I've heard of people who get the signatures verified and encase the issue itself in GDC-graded plastic to preserve them.

That said, I don't know much about the economic side of collecting. Personally I would get them signed if you like the idea of that, could be cool to have if you're a big Star Wars fan. But I wouldn't go there solely to raise the value of these comics in hopes of selling them; just seems like a lot of effort for a very uncertain investment to be honest. But hey meeting Mark Hamill will probably be a good time right, I mean you have all these variants so you're probably a big Star Wars fan!

All-New Member

Hi Thanks for the reply. Yea I'm a fan I'm just figuring its not a really cheap book (the first one anyway) so I dont want it to devalue the book really. I'm liking the idea of himm signing it but I dont like the idea of turning a £100 book into a £10 book that no one would want in the future if I did decide to ever sell it. I obviously have to pay for him to sign it etc as well and dont want it to be a big waste of money. The first book is already cgc graded and slabbed at a 9.8 and would be going off for the CGC Signature Series so it basically has a COA that proves that it was him that signed it.

Oh hmmm no idea to be honest then, but in my entirely uninformed opinion, I can't see how the signature of a SW actor on a SW book would somehow devalue it... Whether you'd be able to make back the costs however, no idea. Hopefully someone involved in serious collecting can shed some light on that.