Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default From Anti-Monitor to Starro: The Greatest Justice League Villains of All-Time

With the announcement of the "Justice League" movie's villain, CBR recognizes the very best at being the Justice League's very worst.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member

*Yawns*

*Sees a list of "Justice League" villains that include Vandal Savage, Emperor Joker and Magog."

Vandal's never really a JLA threat. Maybe ONE of the heroes or as part of the Injustice League sure. But alone? Nah.

Emperor Joker was while a cosmic scale ultimately JUST a Superman/Batman villain.

And Magog isn't even ultimately a villain. He's a great anti-hero.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    *Yawns*

*Sees a list of "Justice League" villains that include Vandal Savage, Emperor Joker and Magog."

Vandal's never really a JLA threat. Maybe ONE of the heroes or as part of the Injustice League sure. But alone? Nah.

Emperor Joker was while a cosmic scale ultimately JUST a Superman/Batman villain.

And Magog isn't even ultimately a villain. He's a great anti-hero.
    Disagree with you about Vandel Savage. E. Joker was A one time event. And Magog and Lobo are more anti hero then straight up villains. Also their is a certain 5th dimensional imp that should easily be on this list.

Dave Hackett

There's some issues with the Darkseid entry. The reason Darkseid is obsessed with Earth is because it contains the secret to the Anti-Life Equation (and he's not supposed to be able to outright invade due to the pact with New Genesis). And Anti-Life doesn't kill you at all, it strips you of free will and forces you to conform and obey.

Anti-Monitor? He is a universal threat, not just JLA...
    Personally, I think Amazo should be #1. That is before he was turned into a stupid virus...

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Emperor Joker? It was one story and the Justice League was hardly involved. Where'e Superboy Prime?

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Emperor Joker? It was one story and the Justice League was hardly involved. Where'e Superboy Prime?
    I agree that Superboy Prime probably should be on the list, but maybe they thought one evil Superman (Ultraman) was enough?

Pretty good list overall, but I agree that Magog is more anti-hero than outright villain.

I also really love the bulked up design of Despero but have read hardly any stories with him in it. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

EDIT: If we're including one-shot villains (Emperor Joker), why not add Hal Jordan/Parallax? I'd say that Zero Hour alone probably warrants at least an Honorable Mention.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

When did Prime fight the Justice League?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post

I also really love the bulked up design of Despero but have read hardly any stories with him in it. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...ca-vs-despero/

http://crisisonearthprime.blogspot.c...t-despero.html

Amazing Member

Who wrote this?! Agreed that Magog and E. Joker should Not be on this list. I'd actually replace E.Joker (who Joker can be included in the injustice league already, don't need him twice) with Krona (for his Jla/Avengers and Trinity stories).

And Maxwell Lord? He should be included.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I'll definitely have to check those out. Thanks!
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

All-New Member

some on this list fit the bill (White Martians, Prometheus, Starro and Crime Syndicate come to mind) but others are just off... Amanda Waller? Magog? Emperor Joker??? Even Vandal Savage seems slightly out of place as a JLA foe.

I know I'm old (old old) school but where are the classic JLA foes? The Key, Dr Destiny, Secret Society of Super-Villains, Felix Faust, Amos Fortune and a handful of others. Or some more recent like the Extremists?

The last handful of years have been so focused on Darkseid, I'd love to see old/new takes on some of the classic foes.

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

Vandal Savage is a "major" JSA villain, he doesn't belong to that list.
    they should've mentioned Felix Faust, Amos Fortune or Kanjar Ro instead of Savage.

Rotten list... Where's the likes of Kanja Ro or the Royal Flush Gang... Or even The Key?