Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Captain America: Steve Rogers" #2 Preview Offers Clues to Cap's Hydra Turn

A new preview for the next issue of "Captain America: Steve Rogers" hints at an explanation for Cap's Hydra allegiance.

Full article here.

Fantastic Member

The clues were already in issues before #1 came out last month.

Also for more that want straight spoilers and not just preview comicbook.com/spoiler

Incredible Member

Hehe, he even has a Hydra tattoo.

Bluebird

Now I wanna see Bucky be the one who helps restore's Cap's memories, in the same way that Steve did to free Barnes from the Winter Soldier programming.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    It's washable!

BANNED

I knew Kubic screwed him over especially when I saw Red Skull impersonating as a priest in the Pleasant Hill arc. However it kind of diminishes him as I would think not even a cosmic cube could manipulate his memories unless it just altered his past making him born in a different country but even then I would think he would eventually fight for truth justice and the American way or am I just overestimating his core moral strength as no one is immune to cosmic entities screwing you up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I knew Kubic screwed him over especially when I saw Red Skull impersonating as a priest in the Pleasant Hill arc. However it kind of diminishes him as I would think not even a cosmic cube could manipulate his memories unless it just altered his past making him born in a different country but even then I would think he would eventually fight for truth justice and the American way or am I just overestimating his core moral strength as no one is immune to cosmic entities screwing you up.
    It's a cosmic f*cking cube. ANYONE would be susceptible to it. And I'm sure the whole point of this story will be that he "eventually fights for truth, justice and the American way."

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's a cosmic f*cking cube. ANYONE would be susceptible to it. And I'm sure the whole point of this story will be that he "eventually fights for truth, justice and the American way."
    Even so, given what we went through with Spider-Man a couple years ago with Superior, I can understand what Captain America fans must be going through. These kinds of character study mega arcs can really get to be annoying to have to sit through. Here's hoping that there's at least some kind of satisfying conclusion once everything is said and done and the smoke clears.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    The cosmic cube has altered events of the past, not just Cap's memories. Somebody will have to correct those changes to fully "fix" him. A cosmic cube can do pretty much anything the user wants it to.
    Before the Infinity Gems were invented, it was the most powerful thing in the MU. Thanos used one when he first took over the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    How he would hide that from anybody, especially his girlfriend Sharon, is beyond me.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    How he would hide that from anybody, especially his girlfriend Sharon, is beyond me.
    Dressed sex.

BANNED

Maybe he should have refused her offer to make him young again as such miraculous wish fulfillment always have their own monkey paw ramifications to consider. He perhaps should have accepted his death although at crossbones hands rather than trust such a deluded powerful cosmic entity although if Crossbones was working for Red Skull then the plan must have been to just give him a debilitating beating which would perhaps make him take her up on her offer as Steve generally had made peace with his condition having led a long and eventful life fighting the good fight. Maybe there was a psychological moment where he had weakened not just physically but mentally also due to the being near death experience and it allowed the cube to manipulate him and his mind. By the way the serum had been expurged before but he had not been transformed into a old man so why did it happen this time other than plot requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Now I wanna see Bucky be the one who helps restore's Cap's memories, in the same way that Steve did to free Barnes from the Winter Soldier programming.
    I think Bucky will be involved, but I believe this will be Sam's test as Captain America.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    The cosmic cube has altered events of the past, not just Cap's memories. Somebody will have to correct those changes to fully "fix" him. A cosmic cube can do pretty much anything the user wants it to.
    Before the Infinity Gems were invented, it was the most powerful thing in the MU. Thanos used one when he first took over the universe.
    Wait the article was saying that the Red Skull used the Cube to manipulate his mind implanting false memories and not altered his past ala professor zoom or am I missing something?

Anyone who's been following Marvel comics wouldn't be surprised by this, especially if they've followed Cap in the past few months. There's no way Cap would have been evil unless he was altered. Even a casual fan could have guessed that the cosmic cube was involved. That's why I found the outrage with last issue's reveal so annoying. It was all coming from non-fans who just wanted to be angry at Marvel for something.