Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default Grayson Annual, #3

Determined to find out the identity of Spyral's Agent 37, detective Jim Corrigan gathers a collection of heroes who have seen the swirl-faced spy in order to hear their accounts. With guest appearances by Harley Quinn, Azrael, John Constantine and Green Lantern Simon Baz, get ready for some of Dick Grayson's greatest hits!

Full article here.

Wasn't expecting much, but looks interesting.

Looks, unfortunately, lame and unnecessary . . . from the same two yahoos who gave us the last few issues that basically blew chunks?

PASS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Looks, unfortunately, lame and unnecessary . . . from the same two yahoos who gave us the last few issues that basically blew chunks?

PASS.
    slow_clap_citizen_kane.jpg
    Couldnt have said it better myself.

BANNED

Dang, this was a very good issue and definitely a worthy addition to Dick's tenure as a super spy. I wouldn't mind these guys getting a shot at Dick again when Seeley is finished. In the meantime DC should give them a book of their own, I'm still baffled they didn't give them and Valentine anything for Rebirth, Batman Beyond should be right up their alley or even a Red Hood book. But for some reason they went with Jurgens and Lobdell again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    In the meantime DC should give them a book of their own, I'm still baffled they didn't give them and Valentine anything for Rebirth, Batman Beyond should be right up their alley or even a Red Hood book. But for some reason they went with Jurgens and Lobdell again.
    Since they were the guy how wrote most of the issues with the Jasons and Tims subplot in B&RE I really want to see them anywhere close to Red Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    . . . In the meantime DC should give them a book of their own, I'm still baffled they didn't give them and Valentine anything for Rebirth...
    Could be a lot of reasons. Could be a question of would they be able to turn in complete stories on time for books that are published twice-a-month, or a question of did they pitch a series idea that really intrigued DC enough to go with it, or are they working on something that may be in a later wave, or do they really want to work with DC (or DC with them) on a regular basis?
    It's not like the old days where there are a bunch of peoples who work exclusively at one company and the company has to find things for them to work on. Yes, some people have exclusivity agreements with one company or another, but how many writers and artists are basically free lancers these days?
    As for Valentine, she's doing Xena at Dynamite, so I'm not sure what her time is like these days. (I also don't know how convincing the numbers for her Catwoman run would have been for DC to want to automatically give her more work, as much as I did truly enjoy her take on Selina.)