Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Im curious, what would peoples opinion be if Dick had a fling with Harley? It would be bold and controversial, and i could see Dick buy into her trying to be "good". Of course it would end in flames but i think it could make for something interesting.
    After reading this issue, I'd be ready to buy 6 copies of that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The issue was fun but I'm pretty sure that Hypnos were before just the contact lenses.
    No, we've known about the nanites as far back as #6, I think it was. Or earlier? The one that started with the sucker. I need to reread this series now, lol.

The best part of each of these stories was that each character's dynamics with Dick had potential to be amazing to read about. Getting into mystical sh** with Constantine, being awesome with Azrael, getting into all kids of trouble with crazy, sexy Harley, broing it up with Simon, each of those would make great team-up issues, or even books, imo. The fact that things ended the way they did actually really made me sad. I don't want these interactions to be completely forgotten. I want to see these team-ups again, in fully fleshed out stories. Also appreciated that the run officially ends on Dick just being awesome, never jobbing, etc.

Also, I think some of you guys are exaggerating things a bit, not by much though, but a little nonetheless. For example, Constantine isn't all, "HAVE ME!" when talking to Dick. He's actually just more confused and impressed by how and what he did, just making a passing reference to his butt as a joke. There's really nothing in the issue that tries to push his bisexuality in your face. And if some people actually feel a Grayson story isn't allowed to have some fun by making Dick look good in his capabilities, well, I'm not even going to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The issue was fun but I'm pretty sure that Hypnos were before just the contact lenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post

No, we've known about the nanites as far back as #6, I think it was. Or earlier? The one that started with the sucker. I need to reread this series now, lol.
    No, Aahz is quite right. The Hypnos were a kind of contact lens, revealed by Tom King in Omega Men to be alien technology from the Citadel region of the galaxy. The nanites were a monitoring and clean-up system. We don't know their origin. Also, the nanites were present on the skin of the agent, not in his or her blood (else Poppy Ashemore would not have been able to disable hers in Batman and Robin Eternal).

Overall, quibbles about technology aside, I thought this was enjoyable. I appreciated Rebecca Taylor admitting in her note that the Grayson chronology is hopeless, and they didn't try to go out with any epic flourishes that would come off as pointless after Rebirth is already underway. It was fine for what it was, a last annual to fill an awkwardly timed fifth Wednesday and round out the final trade.

Anyone else think the whole objectification of Dick is starting to get a bit much?! I kind get what they are doing, he is generally deemed the sexiest male character so they are just trying to play up his sex appeal. But I think if he was a female character being treated in the same way they would be edging into dangerous territory. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at covers like that with Dick on, but it's almost (though not as bad I realise) verging on what they did with the Spiderwoman cover that caused so much uproar!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    Anyone else think the whole objectification of Dick is starting to get a bit much?! I kind get what they are doing, he is generally deemed the sexiest male character so they are just trying to play up his sex appeal. But I think if he was a female character being treated in the same way they would be edging into dangerous territory. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at covers like that with Dick on, but it's almost (though not as bad I realise) verging on what they did with the Spiderwoman cover that caused so much uproar!
    its always been thier they are jsut more vocal about
    chuck dixion run his cotumed defined every inch of him and and his acrobatic nature led to some intresting shots
    he never walked by a group of women without them swooning,
    many tight clothes sceanes after the baggy 8- decade, its nothing new really

Best part of the annual: This happens before Dick... who cares, enjoy the ride.

As for other stuff, Batman's line has produced lots of such type of issues (Batgirl Annual, entire Yearbook arc in Gotham Academy) so it felt a bit "been there, seen that" to me. But at the same time it showed us stuff that we could have gotten if Dick continued as Agent 37 and it ended in rather upbeat fashion that left me wanting for more. Overall its probably really good ending to the series where most of the fans probably went "damn, I wish we would get more of these adventures" and not "well, finally its over" (which happens very often with such drastic changes in direction) so thats cool.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Best part of the annual: This happens before Dick... who cares, enjoy the ride.

As for other stuff, Batman's line has produced lots of such type of issues (Batgirl Annual, entire Yearbook arc in Gotham Academy) so it felt a bit "been there, seen that" to me. But at the same time it showed us stuff that we could have gotten if Dick continued as Agent 37 and it ended in rather upbeat fashion that left me wanting for more. Overall its probably really good ending to the series where most of the fans probably went "damn, I wish we would get more of these adventures" and not "well, finally its over" (which happens very often with such drastic changes in direction) so thats cool.
    Yeah, thats exactly how I felt about it. I would love for Nightwing to sell enough to get 2 books, his main and then a team up, similar to spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH View Post
    I actually liked this quite a bit.

spoilers:
    Though, I figured out it was gonna be an "Almost got 'im" thing, ala BTAS, pretty early on.
    end of spoilers
    It's what I liked about this book. The disclosure to ignore continuity was well appreciated. It also had the benefit of being this and N52 TT being the only DC comics selling this week.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Yeah, thats exactly how I felt about it. I would love for Nightwing to sell enough to get 2 books, his main and then a team up, similar to spider-man.
    Well, you are in luck. Titans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I believe that dates back to when he was published as part of Vertigo, but I don't know how often it came up in those stories. (In other words, I think it was just part of his background rather than having him wear a banner proclaiming "I'm bi- and I'm f#@&in' proud!" all of the time.)
    Almost never as far as i remember. Theyve amped up his sexuallity really hard. And its a shame, because Constantine was always a treat as a character because of who he was. In this issue i hated him.

Quote Originally Posted by TRS80 View Post
    Well, you are in luck. Titans
    I mean a traditional team up book, 1 or 2 issues arcs starring Nightwing and "insert hero here". Not necessarily his usual teammates like the titans, but more far reaching like Flash, Jim Corrigan, Zatanna, Mister Miracle, Wonder Woman, Saint Walker, etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I mean a traditional team up book, 1 or 2 issues arcs starring Nightwing and "insert hero here". Not necessarily his usual teammates like the titans, but more far reaching like Flash, Jim Corrigan, Zatanna, Mister Miracle, Wonder Woman, Saint Walker, etc.
    so basicly he should hijack Harley little black book series lol

Fav part was Dick working with the Green Lantern. Any story arcs or issues in Grayson where he works with super-powered characters in the DCU?

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    The Tumblr crowd deems him that way, it depends on your definition of 'sexy'. He's just another hot hunk in my book, but no more so than several others. The thing about his ass is so overblown I pretty much eyeroll when people go on about it. It's an ass, people. Either round or flat, muscular or soft. Every artist doesn't draw it the same, either. What I really don't get is why other heroes aren't ogled in "canon" the same way. Are you telling me in all the universe Dick is the only man that gets open comments on his looks in storylines? Nobody is that unique, give me a break.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by BCya View Post
    I never knew he had be written as bisexual before, but I don't feel like it's true to his character.
    He has been written to be bisexual - it's been mentioned several times over the years - and in a recent storyline he had an ongoing relationship with a man (a hunky human, non-meta, non-supernatural, non-superhero, non-supervilain, for which I was grateful) that was a major part of the plot.

But his drooling over Agent 37's butt, and saying (paraphrased) "if he shows up here, we're going to get sexy real fast," is out of character. Constantine is a little cooler - more ironic, less obvious - than that.
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 07-06-2016 at 02:48 PM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    The Tumblr crowd deems him that way, it depends on your definition of 'sexy'. He's just another hot hunk in my book, but no more so than several others. The thing about his ass is so overblown I pretty much eyeroll when people go on about it. It's an ass, people. Either round or flat, muscular or soft. Every artist doesn't draw it the same, either. What I really don't get is why other heroes aren't ogled in "canon" the same way. Are you telling me in all the universe Dick is the only man that gets open comments on his looks in storylines? Nobody is that unique, give me a break.
    It's no big deal. Dick is handsome, young, and sexy, so why not? Nobody seems to have a problem with female characters wearing band-aids instead of costumes.