Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    And put in some situations where Jason looked like an idiot. And basically implied that he regularly screwed up when he was Robin.

How he acted in the fight against Bane was also out of character.

Jason is more skilled then they gave him credit for, he may not have Tims talent for the computer and tech stuff, but as someone who was trained by Batman he should be still quite capable in that area, it is not like he doesn't know how a computer works. Talking sense into other people is also something that he has already done at a few occasions. And he is a trained assassin, he is quite able to be stealthy and to fight without his guns (probably more than Tim and probably even Dick).

It would have been totally ok if they wrote Tim as the smater one, but then they should have let Jason shine in the physical part of the job. But Tim was the one who got the fight scenes.
    Oh c'mon, you are going to start with a Tim/Jason discussion on a Grayson thread again?
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 06-29-2016 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Liked the stories, all showing another aspect of his personality. They did go overboard with Constantine but I still laughed the whole time. The scene with Helena was a better goodbye than the one in #20.
    I'm hoping it's not goodbye, but see you later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Jason is more skilled then they gave him credit for, he may not have Tims talent for the computer and tech stuff, but as someone who was trained by Batman he should be still quite capable in that area, it is not like he doesn't know how a computer works.
    Knowing how to boot up a computer and access some wiki-like database doesnt make you tech savvy.

Talking sense into other people is also something that he has already done at a few occasions.
    Sure, who hasnt. But i dont see him taking a diplomatic approach with bane.

And he is a trained assassin, he is quite able to be stealthy and to fight without his guns (probably more than Tim and probably even Dick).
    No one is more skilled in a fight than Dick out of the batboys, its not even a close call. As for stealthiness i dont know, in Tims robin run they really hammered that Tim was getting to be as good as batman when it came to that. Not sure if Jason ever got a similar development.

It would have been totally ok if they wrote Tim as the smater one, but then they should have let Jason shine in the physical part of the job. But Tim was the one who got the fight scenes.
    Ive never believed the narrative that Jason is a better fighter than Tim. All that was established was that he is clearly a dirtier fighter. Other than that, Sure i guess? but we didnt really get long fight scenes, always felt like moving the plot along was more important.

And I will also ask, why is there a Tim Drake discussion going on in this thread? This kind of thing is getting very old.

I actually liked this quite a bit.

spoilers:
    Though, I figured out it was gonna be an "Almost got 'im" thing, ala BTAS, pretty early on.
    end of spoilers

Always Rakzo

Thought this was fun. Once again, Lanzing and Kelly don't quite manage to get the same style of Seeley and King but they compensate with a pretty on-point direction that is faithful to the theme of the book.

I did find a bit forced that the characters suddenly started to tell stories about Dick though.

Extraordinary Member

The issue was fun but I'm pretty sure that Hypnos were before just the contact lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Oh c'mon, you are going to start with a Tim/Jason discussion on a Grayson thread again?
    No I just wanted to point out that based on how they wrote him in B&RE Kelly and Lanzing are imo not a good choise for Red Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    I'm hoping it's not goodbye, but see you later.
    I hope so too but I will only believe it when I see it.

I thought this was pretty good. I think it was the best issue done by the fill in creative team and it was nice that they at least got to go out on a fun note rather than the rushed ending to the series that we had. I sort of guessed the twist at the end early, but I still enjoyed all the stories overall. Also him at the end with Helena really made me miss their team ups in the series and it was nice that Tiger was nowhere in this. Never cared a lot for his character. These fun little stories also really is going to make me miss the Grayson series overall. Him running around over the world going on all these crazy missions was just such a good set up for him.

Also I was sort of against the hypnos at first but I really came to like them. It will probably be the closest thing Dick ever gets to a superpower. Kind of disappointing he is getting rid of them in Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Im curious, what would peoples opinion be if Dick had a fling with Harley? It would be bold and controversial, and i could see Dick buy into her trying to be "good". Of course it would end in flames but i think it could make for something interesting.
    I'd prefer Poison Ivy to Harley to be honest, but I don't think Dick has ever really been one to fall for villains like Bruce has.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I did find a bit forced that the characters suddenly started to tell stories about Dick though.
    Weren't they asked to tell stories about Agent 37? It wasn't that they all started talking about him randomly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Weren't they asked to tell stories about Agent 37? It wasn't that they all started talking about him randomly.
    That's how I read it too. This was very solid and a good note to wrap up the run on. I think it left potential for some of his exploits in Grayson to bleed into Nightwing because as this annual illustrates there are missions and encounters that potentially took place off panel that we don't know about.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, but I found a bit weird how quickly they accepted to do it without barely making any question.

Constantine fawning over Dick felt really false. I never knew he had be written as bisexual before, but I don't feel like it's true to his character. But what do I know? All I know is I didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BCya View Post
    Constantine fawning over Dick felt really false. I never knew he had be written as bisexual before, . . .
    I believe that dates back to when he was published as part of Vertigo, but I don't know how often it came up in those stories. (In other words, I think it was just part of his background rather than having him wear a banner proclaiming "I'm bi- and I'm f#@&in' proud!" all of the time.)

I've only read the first tale so far, but I'm loving this.

Sad to see the only consistently good title from the New 52 go.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.