Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Game of Thrones": 10 Questions for Season 7

Following the Season 6 finale, we dig into the questions it left us with and look ahead as Winter falls on HBO's "Game of Thrones."

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Why does Melisandre need to beware of Arya? She's not on Arya's kill list.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davewire View Post
    Why does Melisandre need to beware of Arya? She's not on Arya's kill list.
    I thought maybe I missed something, but like you said, I didn't think she was on her hit list.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

reigilgamesh

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Why does it say:

Melisandre (Alive, briefly added to the list, now seemingly dropped)
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Didn't she added her to the list when she took Robert's bastard away?
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

BANNED

How does Meera get Bran anywhere? No horse, no sled, and Bran is bigger than her.

BANNED

And speaking of Meera, where is her dad? He was other survivor of the Tower of Joy where they found Lyanna and Ned took Jon. So he of course knows about Jon and has also kept the secret. He could back up Bran's vision when Bran finally tells people about it.

Unglaublich!

Wildly speculative theory time:

The article wonders where Melisandre will go now Jon's exiled her from the North. It speculates whether she'll run into the Brotherhood Without Banners on her travels.

The article also says there'll little to no hope of Lady Stoneheart making an appearance in the series.

BUT!

Melisandre has already proven that she's capable (albeit at her own surprise) of raising the dead so, what if she does run into the BWB and is responsible for resurrecting Catelyn at their request...?

It would certainly help to keep the narrative from the books going (sort of) and I don't think it's any sort of stretch of the imagination. Even though Lady Stoneheart hasn't had a massive presence in the books thus far, I'd personally like to see her brought to the screen as I think it could throw up some interesting clashes:

With Jon; she never made a secret of her dislike for him so how would she react to find that he now has control of Winterfell and the North, instead of Sansa? And the circumstances surrounding Rickon's death as well... it's not like she'd understand (or care) that Jon was trying to save him...

With Sansa and Arya; her two beloved daughters, one of whom is now a fairly merciless assassin and the other who has willingly ceded control of the North to her bastard half-brother. Deriliction of duty and principles...? I'm sure Catelyn would react explosively to either, if not both, of them!

With Brienne; as per the books, a meeting between the two would bring some interesting conflict to the fore and, again, help to anchor the series to the books on which it's based.

With Littlefinger; Petyr's true love is made aware that he married her eldest daughter to a psychotic rapist and was also indirectly responsible for Ned's capture (leading to his beheading)? Yeah, she wouldn't want revenge for any of those.....

So yeah, I'd like to see this happen. Partly for the reasons listed above and partly cos I'd like to see Michelle Fairley back in GOT.

Feel free to discuss.

BANNED

Melisandre resurrecting Catelyn Stark but noone at the battle of Bastards would be terrible. Rickon Stark died for nothing and so did many good men.

Spectacular Member

In the books, there is a story of a horn that, when blown, will crumble the wall...

So, this must be the way the Night King will invade Westeros...

Additionally, in that same story, there is a reference to a GIANT ice dragon inside the wall...

Giant Ice Dragon against Daeneryes Dragons?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NunoTaborda View Post
    In the books, there is a story of a horn that, when blown, will crumble the wall...

So, this must be the way the Night King will invade Westeros...

Additionally, in that same story, there is a reference to a GIANT ice dragon inside the wall...

Giant Ice Dragon against Daeneryes Dragons?
    This is fascinating. I remember the story about the horn - in fact, isn't that what Mace is supposedly after? But I don't recall the Ice Dragon. Could you send the reference? Martin has written a book called "The Ice Dragon" that does feature an ice dragon killing a number of regular dragons. Given that the White Walkers would seem to have no chance against Dany's dragons, I have been anticipating that they have their own version of a "nuclear bomb" on their side, to even out the odds.

As far as the show goes, I don't think that it is wise to anticipate anything like a happy ending. I fully expect all of the main characters (and all or most of the dragons, especially Drogon) to be dead by the time the story ends. I also think that there is more to the White Walkers than just "they are evil." Perhaps the revelation that they were a weapon to use against invading humans, however, is the twist that Martin wants us to consider as the added element of complexity to their purpose.

I don't see Sansa turning against Jon - why would she? I also don't see a lot of jealousy or anything else of the sort when Sansa looks at Jon. If she does seek power, it would be to protect herself. I think that she might try to play Littlefinger because she understands that he is the greatest threat to Jon. In the end, I would not be surprised if she is one who kills Baelish.

Melisandre promised Arya that they would meet again; I take that as a given.

Why is there even any debate about Jon's origins at this point? The fact that he was the child of Lyanna and Rhaegar has been sort of obvious from the first book. Trying to drag this out any further doesn't make much sense. At this point, to introduce another father would be something completely out of the blue.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I know the "White Walkers aren't evil" theory is a popular one, but I just don't see it. Everything they've done so far has been pretty damn evil.

I'm just bewildered as to why the Children would have created them without any means of controlling them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Melisandre resurrecting Catelyn Stark but noone at the battle of Bastards would be terrible. Rickon Stark died for nothing and so did many good men.
    Don't worry- Catelyn Stark has been dead for a long time in this show and I'm pretty sure there's not much left of her to resurrect.

This season finished spectacularly, episodes 9 & 10 were some of the strongest of the entire series. My heart was beating so fast during E9, I was so stressed. I'm super eager to see where the show takes the characters in season 7, although I expect very different paths for them in the books