Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    How does Meera get Bran anywhere? No horse, no sled, and Bran is bigger than her.
    Benjen dropped them off at a Weirwood tree at the wall. My guess, it's at the same part of the wall that Bran snuck through last time. Once they get through, Bran can always warg into a bear or something to carry them to Castle Black where he could get another harness built for him to ride a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    He could back up Bran's vision when Bran finally tells people about it.
    Jon will inadvertently back up the claim himself. Not once has Lyanna Mormont or anyone loyal to her house acknowledged that Jon's carrying their ancestral sword, Longclaw. Jorah himself has never mentioned it. I suspect it's actually the Targaryen ancestral sword, Blackfyre. The last known person to wield the sword was the former Lord Commander of the Night's Watch Brynden "Bloodraven" Rivers, also known as Three-Eyed Raven. Blackfyre is a bastard sword, like the one Jon carries. For awhile, I thought Jorah would be able substantiate Jon as trustworthy when he saw the sword, but Lyanna's never even reacted to it and Jon never mentioned or unveiled it when trying to get House Mormont's support.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookResources
    If Robert's surviving bastard son Gendry ever finds his way back to King's Landing, that could be a thing! Unfortunately, it's not likely to happen, though. The question is, who's left to support the claim of Robert's bastard son?
    Gendry will never be King of the Seven Kingdoms, but Lord of Storm's End? I wouldn't rule that out. Arya would happily support his claim. Robert would finally get his Lyanna.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookResources
    Cersei blames Jaime for the deaths of their father, their daughter, and possibly even for his failure to protect Joffrey at the Purple Wedding, and her from the High Sparrow. She's kicked him out of her bed, out of her guard, and out of King's Landing.
    Aside from Cersei blaming Jaime for Tywin's death, none of this is accurate. Cersei blamed Tyrion and Sansa for Joffrey. It wasn't until the Sand Snakes sent Myrcella's chain to King's Landing that Jaime elected to go to Dorne. She knew the Sansa Snakes were behind it and after Myrcella's death, she knew the prophecy was unavoidable. That's why she looked so coldly at Tommen's corpse. Tommen kicked Jaime out of the Kingsguard for gathering a force to strike down the Faith Militant. It was also Tommen that sent Jaime to the Riverlands. Cersei supported Tommen's decision because she intended to use the wildfyre then and didn't want him trying to stop her. She even kissed him goodbye.
    Hank Pym: You're taking over? Come on, give me one good reason why—
    Iron Man: Three words. You're. Hank. Pym.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I wish the Lannister ancestral sword Brightroar turns up somewhere.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'm betting Dark Sister finds its way into Dany's hands before this is over. Maybe Arya will find it and bring it to her as a Targaryen/Stark peace offering.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I know the "White Walkers aren't evil" theory is a popular one, but I just don't see it. Everything they've done so far has been pretty damn evil.
    What have they done, that is more evil than say Daenerys?

White Walkers on the show, have only rasied dead people and caused more dead people due to the fact they are going extinct, they need more bodies to survive as a race.

Meanwhile Daenerys Targaryen (and this is ONE example of many) has destroyed entire cultures, used her might to make "right" and enforce her laws and views of rulership on foreign cultures and subjugated people under her iron willl.

Game of Thrones' enemy is humanity, which is why they need to make peace with White Walkers.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    What have they done, that is more evil than say Daenerys?
    They slaughtered people who did absolutely NOTHING to them. And they'll continue to do so until every last person is dead. Daenerys has only killed out of self defense or to protect others.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    They slaughtered people who did absolutely NOTHING to them.
    True, the Wildlings haven't done anything major againts the White Walkers, but again, the race is dependent on receiving babies and thats what they need.

But if you want to get into morals, do remember that the Wildlings have a clan of cannibalism and they rape women too.

And they'll continue to do so until every last person is dead.
    No, because that would also mean extinction for the White Walkers. The White Walkers need humans to survive, hence: peace.

Daenerys has only killed out of self defense or to protect others.
    Wrong. She had no right to attack Yunkai or Mereen. She did those because she is a Conqueror.

Destroying entire cultures just because she declared it right, now she's trying to place a "democratic" system, which would mean in the long run: the Slavers aka the Rich people would just be in rulership again.

I mean really? Are we going to argue who is worse Daenerys or the white walkers? I'm willing to play devil's advocate but that's beyond ridiculous
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

No, because that would also mean extinction for the White Walkers. The White Walkers need humans to survive, hence: peace.
    Okay, so maybe not everyone, but most. Not much difference.

Wrong. She had no right to attack Yunkai or Mereen. She did those because she is a Conqueror. Destroying entire cultures just because she declared it right, now she's trying to place a "democratic" system, which would mean in the long run: the Slavers aka the Rich people would just be in rulership again.
    No, she only did it because she hates slavery and killed people only to protect, not to conquer. Remember my original position that the White Walkers kill for no reason and slaughter innocent people. Daenerys only kills out of self defense or to protect others. She saw how the slaves were being treated and (like Abraham Lincoln) sought to abolish it. I admire that about her.

And she has not forced anyone to follow her or join her army. They have all volunteered to join either out of devotion or by alliance. But never forced because she believes that everyone should have a choice to do whatever they want with their life.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I mean really? Are we going to argue who is worse Daenerys or the white walkers? I'm willing to play devil's advocate but that's beyond ridiculous
    LOL. Come on, I want to hear your opinion

BANNED

Okay, so maybe not everyone, but most. Not much difference.
    The important thing is, the White Walkers as a race would die if they wouldn't receive babies.

No, she only did it because she hates slavery and killed people only to protect,
    Hating slavery = hating another culture. She destroyed entire economies and cities and just lead to more deaths.

Which people did she protect and how long? Slavers took back Yunkai and killed all the revolting slaves. Now Daenerys was how long in Mereen? She couldn't stop Barristan Selmy's murder or her husband's murder. Do you really think Daario Naharis can educate ex-slaves into "proper democracy" and a "rightful" ruler will be chosen? No, the slavers will take back their culture and their city and things will return were things we're off.

not to conquer.
    This is false on so many levels. If she didn't conqueror Mereen, what did she do?
    Remember my original position that the White Walkers kill for no reason and slaughter innocent people.
    They don't kill for no reason, they kill to survive as a race.

She saw how the slaves were being treated and (like Abraham Lincoln) sought to abolish it. I admire that about her.
    Copypaste from above: Slavers took back Yunkai and killed all the revolting slaves. Now Daenerys was how long in Mereen? She couldn't stop Barristan Selmy's murder or her husband's murder. Do you really think Daario Naharis can educate ex-slaves into "proper democracy" and a "rightful" ruler will be chosen? No, the slavers will take back their culture and their city and things will return were things we're off.

And she has not forced anyone to follow her or join her army.
    But she has forced people to bent under her rulership.
    she believes that everyone should have a choice to do whatever they want with their life.
    Then why did she destroy Mereen's culture?

Hating slavery = hating another culture.
    What? Slavery is wrong. Period. it has nothing to do with culture.

Which people did she protect and how long? Slavers took back Yunkai and killed all the revolting slaves. Now Daenerys was how long in Mereen? She couldn't stop Barristan Selmy's murder or her husband's murder. Do you really think Daario Naharis can educate ex-slaves into "proper democracy" and a "rightful" ruler will be chosen? No, the slavers will take back their culture and their city and things will return were things we're off.
    Nope. She destroyed the slavers and left Daario in Mareen with some of her forces to make sure that it was kept a slaveless state (and also because bringing him to Westeros would be bad, but still). Those people are free people now because of her.

This is false on so many levels. If she didn't conqueror Mereen, what did she do?
    Liberated it

They don't kill for no reason, they kill to survive as a race.
    Oh, well that's a good reason then. Are you serious? Okay, so you're saying the White Walkers killing innocent people is justified because they need to save themselves and the only way to do so is to kill others, all of whom have not hurt them or tried to hurt? Really?

Copypaste from above: Slavers took back Yunkai and killed all the revolting slaves. Now Daenerys was how long in Mereen? She couldn't stop Barristan Selmy's murder or her husband's murder. Do you really think Daario Naharis can educate ex-slaves into "proper democracy" and a "rightful" ruler will be chosen?
    Yes, I do.

Then why did she destroy Mereen's culture?
    She didn't. You're making it sound like she destroyed something good in Mareen. All she did was give slaves their freedom back. That's a positive thing in my book.

LOL. Come on, I want to hear your opinion
    MM ok. This is my opinion: Daenerys is a good person with lots of flaws. The white walkers are evil. There's no ifs or buts about that. She is ruthless with her enemies and generous with her allies while they don't have allies they are just undead killing machines. Parasites who need to kill others and take their babies to survive. They are not a race. The are a bioweapon gone mad.

If a culture needs slaves to prosper then that culture doesn't deserve to exist, it's just as simple as that. She did what had to be done when she burned alive the Khals. Or was she supposed to let them rape her? Dothraki culture was stagnant. Who's to say that Under such a mediocre leadership the Dothraki wouldn't have been conquered, absorbed or destroyed by another civilization down the line or just gone extinct?

What right does the slave masters of Meereen and Yunkai have to mutilate humans and use them as slaves? The same right Daenerys have to invade their citizens and have them crucified. Slavery is not a culture is a costume and costumes can and sometimes must be changed.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    MM ok. This is my opinion: Daenerys is a good person with lots of flaws. The white walkers are evil. There's no ifs or buts about that. She is ruthless with her enemies and generous with her allies while they don't have allies they are just undead killing machines. Parasites who need to kill others and take their babies to survive. They are not a race. The are a bioweapon gone mad.

If a culture needs slaves to prosper then that culture doesn't deserve to exist, it's just as simple as that. She did what had to be done when she burned alive the Khals. Or was she supposed to let them rape her? Dothraki culture was stagnant. Who's to say that Under such a mediocre leadership the Dothraki wouldn't have been conquered, absorbed or destroyed by another civilization down the line or just gone extinct?

What right does the slave masters of Meereen and Yunkai have to mutilate humans and use them as slaves? The same right Daenerys have to invade their citizens and have them crucified. Slavery is not a culture is a costume and costumes can and sometimes must be changed.
    Thaaaaaaaaaaank you

BANNED

This is going too much back & forth, so i'll make a simple response to the White Walker situation and Looking at Mereen based off how "succesful" Daenerys was with Yunkai.

Regarding White Walkers, they used to be humans until the Children of the Forest turned them into creatures that cannot reproduce in ordinary means, perhaps the Children of the Forest could find a way to fix these beings, but for now the only way this race can survive is by having babies as sacrifise, they cannot reproduce in any other method. They are fightning againts extinction and this is why they are going south. They cannot help themselves, which is why peace is the solution and not mass genocide.

Its a simple part of the ecosystem, just like the sea needs bigger fish to eat the smaller fish. The White Walkers need humans in order to survive.

Regarding Mereen, much like Yunkai. Daenerys removed slavery, an important part of the city's economy and culture and didn't give anything as an alternative. She even refused to allow the fightning pits to be reopened, something that was done with willing warriors, it took Daario to convince her to finally reinstate the fightning pits. Democracy is just based off a popular vote, and we already saw outside cities investing in Mereen which led to the creation of the Sons of the Harpy.

So why wouldn't I expect the slavers just to find a "politician" who is a wolf in sheep's clothing who would return Mereen back to its cultural roots? Daario Naharis is nothing more than a pit fighter.

This is going too much back & forth, so i'll make a simple response to the White Walker situation and Looking at Mereen based off how "succesful" Daenerys was with Yunkai.

Regarding White Walkers, they used to be humans until the Children of the Forest turned them into creatures that cannot reproduce in ordinary means, perhaps the Children of the Forest could find a way to fix these beings, but for now the only way this race can survive is by having babies as sacrifise, they cannot reproduce in any other method.
    So killing others to continue making more walkers is okay? What they're doing is evil dude.

They are fightning againts extinction and this is why they are going south. They cannot help themselves, which is why peace is the solution and not mass genocide.
    They can help themselves. They could choose not to hurt others, but they don't care.

Its a simple part of the ecosystem, just like the sea needs bigger fish to eat the smaller fish. The White Walkers need humans in order to survive.
    Don't compare fish to humans. That's just a bad analogy.

Regarding Mereen, much like Yunkai. Daenerys removed slavery, an important part of the city's economy and culture and didn't give anything as an alternative. She even refused to allow the fightning pits to be reopened, something that was done with willing warriors, it took Daario to convince her to finally reinstate the fightning pits. Democracy is just based off a popular vote, and we already saw outside cities investing in Mereen which led to the creation of the Sons of the Harpy.

So why wouldn't I expect the slavers just to find a "politician" who is a wolf in sheep's clothing who would return Mereen back to its cultural roots? Daario Naharis is nothing more than a pit fighter.
    Because they've seen what Daenerys will do to them if they try to go back to enslaving people. She's made it quite clear. Plus Daario will be there to remind them just in case.