Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Seems you can't write any stories nowadays with any racial or female or gay characters without being deemed as politically incorrect or naive or sympathizer or the Enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Seems you can't write any stories nowadays with any racial or female or gay characters without being deemed as politically incorrect or naive or sympathizer or the Enemy.
    Not really. It's really the opposite. You can't write anyone who is diverse without being demonized as "being too PC" or "a feminazi." That's the majority of the comic community right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    Not really. It's really the opposite. You can't write anyone who is diverse without being demonized as "being too PC" or "a feminazi." That's the majority of the comic community right about now.
    as always, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. both situations can co-exist.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    This is a great demonstration of perception and "grass is always greener".

This statement is hilariously biased...and pretty ironic in its bias.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    This is a great demonstration of perception and "grass is always greener".
    Indeed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 00h ؁0002-27020*9090206 Tycon View Post
    I was including the politicaly correct and the feminists in the sympathetic group as the community feels that they identify themselves and are too emotionally attached to a particular group as they are sympathetic to their cause or am I being PC and should just have outright said the F word and the Politically Scrupulous.

BANNED

And also to some haters those who are writing about such issues are The Enemy and when they portray them in terms which may be perceived as biased you get deemed as PI. So regardless how you write about such issues some groups are going to term you one thing or other. That was what I was saying.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 06-29-2016 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yagamifire View Post
    This statement is hilariously biased...and pretty ironic in its bias.

Indeed.
    Hilariously biased? In what way? I don't count casual fans(MCU fans) that usually pick up one or two comics as part of the comic community.

I was including the politicaly correct and the feminists in the sympathetic group as the community feels that they identify themselves and are too emotionally attached to a particular group as they are sympathetic to their cause or am I being PC and should just have outright said the F word and the Politically Scrupulous.
    ...oop....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yagamifire View Post
    All I need to know about this is that as soon as I posted the news to my Facebook all my non-comic reading friends universally responded with the basic sentiment "See? This is why I stick to the movies. They want to tell good stories. Not bait & switch with shock value crap that isn't even true"
    If "The Captain" storyline happened today, it'd get a ton of media attention initially for Cap being replaced.

Comic fans and non-readers would lose their sh*t because, you know, "OMG! What is Marvel doing?"

The story would play out and then, once the status quo was restored by the end of the storyline and Steve was back as Cap, the reaction among many - especially those who were the most incensed to begin with - would be "Huh, see? That didn't even go anywhere! How come comics can't tell good stories that don't rely on shock value and changes that never actually stick?"

Eventually, once Spencer's story has been told in full, I'm sure this will also be one of those trades, like The Captain, that continues to be a back catalog favorite.

And, for the record, it is currently true that Steve is working for Hydra. The story will be how he beats the Skull's machinations.

I think we should get away from have a discussion just based on two words, "mind control."

Marvel sold this as this being the real Steve and him being a Hydra agent when it's not like that at all.

It's Steve but he has his history warped to being something else. So it's not him being a Hydra agent from the start, it's just an adjusted fake past.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I think we should get away from have a discussion just based on two words, "mind control."

Marvel sold this as this being the real Steve and him being a Hydra agent when it's not like that at all.

It's Steve but he has his history warped to being something else. So it's not him being a Hydra agent from the start, it's just an adjusted fake past.
    It's not really his history being warped in actuality but in his head. When Kobik fixed him, she implanted memories of Hydra inside of him that he thinks that's how it's always been.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

It's not mind control. He is acting as though he has lived as a Hydra agent. His memories are "real" to him and he is acting accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i know nick spencer has gone on record to say no changes were made to the story for issues 2 or 3 as they were already locked in but im not buying it after the public outcry after issue 1 whether you agree or not disney without question dropped the hammer and made marvel make significant changes to this storyline it would have been intersting to read the orginal story that was pitched to see how different it would be
    Not what happened. Those issues are being finalized and sent to print while issue #1 is on sale. Just more tin foil nonsense. With people jumping to conclusions and reacting without reading the story.

BANNED

Actually most comic journalism will tell you that you're racist and not inclusive enough if you write stories that don't feature a minority quota or a POC character in a main or supporting role, or the extreme was the article of "The mission" demanding a Black Batman right away (I think it should be a step by step process)