Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Uncanny Inhumans 11 -Spoilers

Sadly have to keep this short because I'm at work.

But holy **** Triton! I did not expect that of you!

Also surprised Crystal went along with with Medusa plan for ruining Tony.

Mosaic in action is really cool. Can't wait to see more of him.

Fantastic issue.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

Can't wait to read this!

Btw, Uncanny Inhumans #11 Hits $21 For First Mosaic (there are spoilers, of course!)
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/...th-of-lockjaw/

Niffleheim

The Madman is back and i'm still not sure if he has his hands back? This was a great issue.

so why shouldn't humans hate and fear the Inhumans?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Because they are not mutants ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Who says they don't?

Most of Jenkins-Lee run was about a UN attack on Attilan because humans didn't understand the Inhumans. The Inhumans are a macro look at the socio-cultural behaviors and xenophobia between countries and cultures.

What? No!

spoilers:
    Ebay sellers are promising the death of Lockjaw!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    Who says they don't?

Most of Jenkins-Lee run was about a UN attack on Attilan because humans didn't understand the Inhumans. The Inhumans are a macro look at the socio-cultural behaviors and xenophobia between countries and cultures.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm not sure Marvel really highlights the difference as much as they should, but Inhumans should be a metaphor for xenophobia, cultural clash and trying to maintain a people's cultural identity in the face of globalization. X-men is much more about race and sexuality.
    Both metaphors are incredibly relevant, I'm just not sure many current readers see the difference. One franchise doesn't need to have a monopoly on being persecuted, Marvel just needs to focus on what makes each unique. I'd be all for something like that being the focus of a major X-men/Inhumans storyline, but Marvel is more interested in the absurd "Terrigen mist kills mutants" plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I'm not sure Marvel really highlights the difference as much as they should, but Inhumans should be a metaphor for xenophobia, cultural clash and trying to maintain a people's cultural identity in the face of globalization. X-men is much more about race and sexuality.
    Both metaphors are incredibly relevant, I'm just not sure many current readers see the difference. One franchise doesn't need to have a monopoly on being persecuted, Marvel just needs to focus on what makes each unique. I'd be all for something like that being the focus of a major X-men/Inhumans storyline, but Marvel is more interested in the absurd "Terrigen mist kills mutants" plot.
    I love both groups, but have always looked at it like

Inhumans: Macro-sociopolitical exploration, e.g., What do we think of them?

X-men: Micro-sociopolitical exploration, e.g., How do I think of him/her?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    We should have had the inhuman's book be similar to game of thrones with the Royal family trying to unite/fight the other inhuman enclaves hidden around the world while trying to bring the new inhuman's in to there culture. also before secret wars all the lady's in uncanny X men were exposed to that mist and were fine.

Mighty Member

This was a fantastic issue, the twist at the end with Triton I didn't expect for at all.

Ok so my favorite part of this whole issue was Lockjaw teleporting into Stark's garage and dropping all the bombs.

It reminded me of this video:
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

So, someone here is fan of W.i.t.c.h....
    orube 1.jpg
    orube 3.jpg
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 06-29-2016 at 03:38 PM.

I think it was anice issue. The debut of Mossaic was interesting and I wonder how will he behave and his reasons of siding with Medusa (in an interview they said he was some kind of anti-hero that acted on his own interest). The Lockjaw scene was one of my favorite moments of the issue.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

It is Rare when Before I Got to My Local Comic Stores that I buy the Comic Online early in the Morning cause I WANT to read it so much I just can't Wait! But Don't worry I still buy the issues at my Local Comic Shop, Always Support you Local Comic Shops 1st! This Series is Greatly showing all the time that it is always worth the double buy to get the story and support the book!

The narrative flows well, you get each point form Medusa about being strategic and not wanting to at all go to far, that is what a leader does. Her plans and how she leads her nation of New Attilan is impressive to say the least and how it is portrayed is equally well execute. Details are given where they needed to be and not point feels to rushed or to dragging. Each moment lasts as long as it needs to and even the bit with Tony gives weight to Medusa's Strategy.

Tony is a Genius, Inhumans are a Nation!

The Twist at the end was really good, I felt the conflict at 1st between Karnak and Medusa would be the seeds that drove to a Civil War in the Inhuman Ranks and Karnak would be the leader. Then I thought maybe Crystal would be likely cause of her disagreements with Medusa over both here and in All-New Inhumans. BUT the ending on who was the one to break rank was shocking, it was the same feeling as in X-Men: Civil War II #1 who broke Rank to go with Magneto's side:

spoilers:
    Nightcrawler!
    end of spoilers

Just like with that, they one you THINK is the most loyal, the most trusting, the one that speaks-up for their side at the start is the one to Break Rank 1st; that has been an excellent twist and here was truly a eye-turning moment.

Trident really suprised me and I HOPE this does not lead him down to bad of a road, but we shall see.

But the Re-Emergence of Maximus the Maker/The MAD in a rundown bar was the True the best part of the book, FINALLY the Best Inhuman Foe in their Ranks is Back and I am looking forward to how he will be used by Soule here on Forward!

LOVED this Issue, It Truly was on of the Best out since the 1st Issue and Arc of Uncanny Inhumans!!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!