Fantastic Member

Default The Origin of Wolverine/Sabretooth's Relationship

So the whole Weapon X thing is a rabbit hole I didn't want to crawl down, ever. Retcons upon retcons to the point I yearn for the simplicity of time travel and alternate universes.

However, having just read Wolverine: Origins II, I am curious about just how much it flies in the face of continuity? There must have been some established reason for Wolverine and Sabretooth hating each other before 2014. Well, I know why Wolverine hates him but what made Sabretooth hate Wolverine?

Some guy on Reddit said
    The earliest instance of Sabretooth hating Wolverine as far as I can tell, was when Wolverine convinced him to join him in a kind of proto-X-Men mutant team. Sabretooth falls in love with one of the other recruits, and while fighting a foe with the ability to control minds, he possesses Sabretooth and kills the girl. Sabretooth blames Wolverine for her death, and vows that the next time Wolverine finds someone or something that makes life worth living, he will be there to take it away from him.
    First time I've heard of this.

Is the Romulus crap still a thing?

Is there any other alternative answer besides "you killed my Jewish brother we've neve rheard of until now" and "this guy set us up fighting in Japan but we both forgot"?

I don't know why they couldn't just go with Claremont's idea. Cliche? Sure. Actually make sense? Yes.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Original reason is that sabretooth is dominating him
    Creed believes that the world isnt big enough for both. He wants to prove he's superior.

Yes romulas is still a thing just an ancient long lived mutant.

The origin for them I heard is that a long time ago Victor Creed was a bully in some Canadian bar who messed with Logan and Logan knocked him out and ever since then Creed has been stalking Logan trying to kill him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    So the whole Weapon X thing is a rabbit hole I didn't want to crawl down, ever. Retcons upon retcons to the point I yearn for the simplicity of time travel and alternate universes.
    If I may... I think the reason you find Wolverine & Co. to be a rabbit hole is because of the order (albeit haphazardly) Logan's history is laid out. If one reads his history in a particular order while including that which may (or may not depending) be considered a retcon and several one-shots you just might (as I do) find that Wolverine's story as a whole makes sense.

However, having just read Wolverine: Origins II, I am curious about just how much it flies in the face of continuity? There must have been some established reason for Wolverine and Sabretooth hating each other before 2014. Well, I know why Wolverine hates him but what made Sabretooth hate Wolverine?
    If you ignore (as I do) the entire "Romulus" bull$hit because he has as about as much back history as No-Girl -- the original reason why Logan hates Victor is because Sabretooth supposedly murdered Silverfox (Wolverine's alleged girlfriend in the early to late 1900s) on Wolverine's birthday.

Some guy on Reddit said

First time I've heard of this.

Is the Romulus crap still a thing?

Is there any other alternative answer besides "you killed my Jewish brother we've neve rheard of until now" and "this guy set us up fighting in Japan but we both forgot"?

I don't know why they couldn't just go with Claremont's idea. Cliche? Sure. Actually make sense? Yes.
    The alternative answer could be -- Wolverine and Sabretooth were both brainwashed members of "Team X" (Also see:"Weapon X Program I", "Weapon X Program II", "Weapon X Program III", and "Weapon Plus program") and, only thought they knew each other prior to that -- because, it was later reviled that Silverfox didn't die in the 1900's at Sabretooth's hand (a telepath named "Aldo Ferro" preformed all of the mind-games for the Weapons Program) -- but, became became an agent of HYDRA after Team-X disbanded.

Oh, Did I mention how Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse is connected to all of this?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 06-29-2016 at 04:45 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

If I may... I think the reason you find Wolverine & Co. to be a rabbit hole is because of the order (albeit haphazardly) Logan's history is laid out. If one reads his history in a particular order while including that which may (or may not depending) be considered a retcon and several one-shots you just might (as I do) find that Wolverine's story as a whole makes sense.

If you ignore (as I do) the entire "Romulus" bull$hit because he has as about as much back history as No-Girl -- the original reason why Logan hates Victor is because Sabretooth supposedly murdered Silverfox (Wolverine's alleged girlfriend in the early to late 1900s) on Wolverine's birthday.

The alternative answer could be -- Wolverine and Sabretooth were both brainwashed members of "Team X" (Also see:"Weapon X Program I", "Weapon X Program II", "Weapon X Program III", and "Weapon Plus program") and, only thought they knew each other prior to that -- because, it was later reviled that Silverfox didn't die in the 1900's at Sabretooth's hand (a telepath named "Aldo Ferro" preformed all of the mind-games for the Weapons Program) -- but, became became an agent of HYDRA after Team-X disbanded.

Oh, Did I mention how Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse is connected to all of this?
    Huh, so the 90a toon got that right? I thought the "it was all a lie about you killing Silver Fox" stuff was just some censorship. But it was closer to the comics than I gave it credit.

And I know Sinister is involved here somehow because it's mutant mad science and nobody does mutan tmad science without his involvement somewhere. I'm no tsure how he's involved, though. Well, IIRC, Origins II mentions his involvement but I forget the details.