Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yeah, there's also some deleted material in ROTS where Yoda starts to humble himself a bit more after listening to Qui-Gon (This sort of became an entire arc in the half-completed final season of Clone Wars cartoons, although it seems a bit weird since Yoda's still acting pretty strict in ROTS), and it's made even more clear Obi-Wan knows about Anakin & Padme's marriage (This scene is actually referenced in the film, "Obi-Wan came by here this morning").

I wonder if the whole celibacy thing will come into play at all in the sequels; while Luke's order in the books did away with that, this is a different continuity and a far different Luke. Of course there's also the speculation that Rey is Luke's daughter...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How does "the Force runs strong in your family@ suggest Jedi were not celibate. All it suggests is that one particular Jedi broke that rule.
    No, it doesn't. It makes no mention of there having been a rule AT ALL. And at the same time it establishes Force aptitude as hereditary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Also I think part of the problem with Mace is his thoughts about Anakin seem to be a bit inconsistent. In TPM, like Yoda, he is very wary of Anakin. Yet in AOTC he seems fairly supportive of Anakin, and this is further detailed in the film's deleted material, where he continually reassures Obi-Wan, who is skeptical. Some of the Clone Wars stuff from around the time has him as sort of a true believer in Anakin! In ROTS he's flipped again, distrusting Anakin even more so than before-and Obi-Wan is being the true believer/close friend of Anakin (a bond which is sort of explained in Clone Wars, and of course heavily implied by the original trilogy, but it's a bit jarring to see Obi-Wan go from the scolding father figure in AOTC to the best buddy in ROTS.)
    It's not a Mace problem. It's a Lucas problem. The prequels are crammed full of that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Why can't Mace be alive.
    I don't see how he could possibly be dead.
    Falling from great heights has never been fatal to even mostly untrained Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's not a Mace problem. It's a Lucas problem. The prequels are crammed full of that sort of thing.

I don't see how he could possibly be dead.
    Falling from great heights has never been fatal to even mostly untrained Jedi.
    What about Jedi who've lost a limb and are being bombarded with Force Lightning.

I'm still waiting for Obi-wan to return more powerful than I can possibly imagine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What about Jedi who've lost a limb and are being bombarded with Force Lightning.
    Force Lightning, video games aside, tends to be more annoying and painful than actually lethal.
    Very few except the poorly trained, like Luke, have been that impressed by it.

The lost limb shouldn't matter to a Jedi Master either.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Force Lightning, video games aside, tends to be more annoying and painful than actually lethal.
    Very few except the poorly trained, like Luke, have been that impressed by it.

The lost limb shouldn't matter to a Jedi Master either.
    Aren't some of the games canon though? So there is precedent for Force Lightning being lethal.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Wasn't force lightning what killed Vader in the end?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Wasn't force lightning what killed Vader in the end?
    Only because it destroyed his life support system.

He was still on life supports after decades?

BANNED

He was still on life supports after decades?
    He pretty much has no lungs.

Apologies for my limited lack of knowledge of the ways of the force but couldn't he or the emperor have used the force to heal his body?

BANNED

Apologies for my limited lack of knowledge of the ways of the force but couldn't he or the emperor have used the force to heal his body?
    The Emperor probably could have.
    The Emperor likes Vader better when he's in a mobile life support system of which he has the off-switch.

Fantastic Member

last i saw him, we wearing an eyepatch

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

If this is true then by all means reintroduce Mace to SW. Maybe have him appear as and old man in Star Wars Rebels or even put him in the comics.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?