Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default If Tony Stark Dies In CWII #3...

...like I think it liable he will, probably via Death by Hulk, who would you reckon most likely to don the armour in his place and leading the Anti-Prog charge?

With War Machine down I figure it's either going to be Doctor Doom (who looks to be becoming Iron Man after CW2) or as a possible means of promoting the character more, Black Panther? What do you guys think?

BANNED

I can't imagine Tony biting the dust so soon after Rhodey's demise. Maybe he's gone into hiding for unspecified reasons. Even if he is going to die I can't imagine who will do the deed. Is it going to be the hulk who finally gets his revenge for planet hulk or is it some inhuman or maybe he got shocked by Cap in one of his unguarded moments or will Carol pull of a sharon momen and just shoot his richboy a$$.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 06-30-2016 at 06:22 AM.

I'd say probably Doctor Doom, considering him being in the art and appearing quite frequently in Invincible Iron Man...

...though if Marvel actually pulled that, I think it would get my to give up on Invincible Iron Man, which was my one "I'll get it no matter what" book. I'm so damned tired of these "shocking" events and twists.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I'd say probably Doctor Doom, considering him being in the art and appearing quite frequently in Invincible Iron Man...

...though if Marvel actually pulled that, I think it would get my to give up on Invincible Iron Man, which was my one "I'll get it no matter what" book. I'm so damned tired of these "shocking" events and twists.
    I feel like Doom as Iron Man would be more interesting if it wasn't for the fact that a. we basically did this with Norman Osborn in Dark Reign already and b. It basically seals him into the Lex Luthor style role Bendis so clearly wants him to have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I feel like Doom as Iron Man would be more interesting if it wasn't for the fact that a. we basically did this with Norman Osborn in Dark Reign already and b. It basically seals him into the Lex Luthor style role Bendis so clearly wants him to have now.
    It might be interesting if we didn't already have a double or replacement of pretty much all the big name characters already. It's kind of hard to care about replacements like that when we have Peter/Miles/Miguel all being Spider-man, both Steve and Sam as Cap, Thor and Thor(I guess, I don't follow that stuff at all), Amedus Cho and Banner, and both Old Man Logan and Laura. Tony's kind of the only one who hasn't gotten the treatment so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    It might be interesting if we didn't already have a double or replacement of pretty much all the big name characters already. It's kind of hard to care about replacements like that when we have Peter/Miles/Miguel all being Spider-man, both Steve and Sam as Cap, Thor and Thor(I guess, I don't follow that stuff at all), Amedus Cho and Banner, and both Old Man Logan and Laura. Tony's kind of the only one who hasn't gotten the treatment so far.
    Well Banner will either be dead or responsible for someone (probably Tony's) death after CW2, so he's likely not an issue. It's been pointed that than by having Tony, Reed, Xavier and Pym now all off the table, they can elevate Doom, T'Challa and Strange as the elite in science and magic. But yeah, it would be another replacement aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I can't imagine Tony biting the dust so soon after Rhodey's demise. Maybe he's gone into hiding for unspecified reasons. Even if he is going to die I can't imagine who will do the deed. Is it going to be the hulk who finally gets his revenge for planet hulk or is it some inhuman or maybe he got shocked by Cap in one of his unguarded moments or will Carol pull of a sharon momen and just shoot his richboy a$$.
    What more does the Hulk have to do to get back at Tony and his friends for WWH?! Didn't the have a whole event dedicated to Hulk whipping the dogshit out of them while destroying New York at the same time?!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

It's looking likely that something is going to happen to Tony at the end of Civil War II, which might be a death or something akin to it, which kind of feels weird when they only just started promoting him as their new, "flagship" hero but what do I know about Marvel and their creative decisions .

Doom becoming Iron Man in Tony's absence doesn't make a lot of sense from a character standpoint, but that's probably not going to stop Bendis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    What more does the Hulk have to do to get back at Tony and his friends for WWH?! Didn't the have a whole event dedicated to Hulk whipping the dogshit out of them while destroying New York at the same time?!
    I was speaking in a lighter vein to poke fun at the idea but knowing Marvel it might well turn out to be the truth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I was speaking in a lighter vein to poke fun at the idea but knowing Marvel it might well turn out to be the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's looking likely that something is going to happen to Tony at the end of Civil War II, which might be a death or something akin to it, which kind of feels weird when they only just started promoting him as their new, "flagship" hero but what do I know about Marvel and their creative decisions .

Doom becoming Iron Man in Tony's absence doesn't make a lot of sense from a character standpoint, but that's probably not going to stop Bendis.
    Exactly what I was thinking. If they kill Tony off I'll be dropping quite a bit of my Marvel books.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Of course! Bendis is unstoppable like the juggernaut. He will wade through and write what he wants regardless of petty issues like sensibility or continuity.

Why not kill just Tony, keep Rhodey alive as War Machine to be the new leading superhero of the Iron Man "line," and have Riri Williams as his protege (her codename is Ex Machina in my headcanon).
    Last edited by gifted; 06-30-2016 at 01:22 PM.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

I feel bad for Tony because they've clearly set him up to be replaced by Doom. 10 bucks says that Doom steals his new girlfriend, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Why not kill just Tony, keep Rhodey alive as War Machine to be the new leading superhero of the Iron Man "line," and have Riri Williams as his protege (her codename is Ex Machina in my headcanon).
    I would've preferred that to what we're likely going to be getting, or even make Rhodey Iron Man again without having to compete with Tony for a while. At least it would make sense and put Rhodey in the spotlight again.

Still kinda fail at the whole "Tony Stark Iron Man is the new flagship" thing, but that's Marvel for you .