Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

from Batgirl #34 (October 2014)
    (Simone's last regular New52 issue)

<still a few more . . . >

more from Batgirl #34 (October 2014)

yeah, a bit schmaltzy, but . . .

I love me a large-scale female hero team-up (Plus the old Batgirl costume) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love me a large-scale female hero team-up (Plus the old Batgirl costume) .
    This one large-scale enough for you?

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey (2016-) 016-004.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    This one large-scale enough for you?

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey (2016-) 016-004.jpg
    It looks like it's trying to be a large-scale female hero team-up but without enough ladies or good art to pull it off .

It looks like it's trying to be a large-scale female hero team-up but without enough ladies or good art to pull it off .
    I actually really liked those issues

But I can't help but be impressed by how vast the roster of female character from DC is. Steve Orlando should be allowed to use them all, I always like his stories where he bring backs forgotten heroes.

Yeah, the issue with far too many comic book artists of only being able to draw a single attractive female body and a single female face sort of jumps out from that image. But the story was a fun romp. And it also had Lois Lane—I'm not sure how you can say that a story with Wonder Woman, Lois Lane, Catwoman, Black Canary, Poison Ivy, and Barbara Gordon doesn't have enough ladies. That's the core of DC's female characters, those that have been around for an entire lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I actually really liked those issues

But I can't help but be impressed by how vast the roster of female character from DC is. Steve Orlando should be allowed to use them all, I always like his stories where he bring backs forgotten heroes.
    Yeah. Marvel is far better at racial diversity than DC, but when it comes to female representation and presence, DC is arguably ahead even without including Wonder Woman and with DC's squandering of Oracle.

Yeah. Marvel is far better at racial diversity than DC, but when it comes to female representation and presence, DC is arguably ahead even without including Wonder Woman and with DC's squandering of Oracle.
    Maybe when it comes to Black representation, but I think DC is superior when it comes to Asian and Hispanic representation (on top of female and LGBT).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Yeah, the issue with far too many comic book artists of only being able to draw a single attractive female body and a single female face sort of jumps out from that image. But the story was a fun romp. And it also had Lois Lane—I'm not sure how you can say that a story with Wonder Woman, Lois Lane, Catwoman, Black Canary, Poison Ivy, and Barbara Gordon doesn't have enough ladies. That's the core of DC's female characters, those that have been around for an entire lifetime.
    No argument there .
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Maybe when it comes to Black representation, but I think DC is superior when it comes to Asian and Hispanic representation (on top of female and LGBT).
    I mean, it's hard to top Black Panther.

(I know people want John Stewart to be DC's Black Panther, but Green Lantern is not Black Panther).

I mean, it's hard to top Black Panther.

(I know people want John Stewart to be DC's Black Panther, but Green Lantern is not Black Panther).
    Black Lightning hasn't quite made it there, either.