Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breyfogle Vol 2

Spectacular Member

Default Breyfogle Vol 2

Up for pre order on Amazon.

Anyone know what may be on it.

I've my fingers crossed for The Penguin Affair.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

[no, the link I found had the contents for Vol 1]

Not expecting full Penguin Affair due to Aparo contribution. DC has been jerks like that with these collections, very rigid.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-30-2016 at 06:17 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Here's what amazon.com had when I looked:
    Legends of the Dark Knight: Norm Breyfogle Vol. 2 (Batman)
    Hardcover – January 17, 2017

by Norm Breyfogle (Author)

Often credited with revitalizing the Dark Knight in the 1980's, Norm Breyfogle's Batman was known for his signature dynamic style. Collected here for the first time are some of the Bat's most seminal moments--from the first appearances of Ratcatcher, the Ventriloquist and Cornelius Stirk to an epic battle against all four Clayfaces, all drawn with Breyfogle's always dramatic style. This volume of the Legends of the Dark Knight series focuses on the Detective Comics stories from acclaimed artist Norm Greyfogle and writer Alan Grant.

Collects BATMAN ANNUAL #11-12, DETECTIVE COMICS #579, #582-594 and #601-607.
    https://www.amazon.com/Legends-Dark-...NORM+BREYFOGLE

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Here's what amazon.com had when I looked:
    Those are Vol 1's contents. Contents just not known yet.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Those are Vol 1's contents. Contents just not known yet.
    Hadn't checked on that . . . but, I guess that's Amazon for you.

Incredible Member

Awesome

I'm glad they made Vol 2.

Hopefully they make Vol.2 of Kelly Jones/Doug Moench too now. I love these collections.

Spectacular Member swing kinker's Avatar

Will be picking it up regardless for sure. Great stuff, especially with Grant

Incredible Member

For sentimental reasons and I just like the feel of old newsprint comic books ive still kept my collection of Breyfogle's issues, has anyone still retained their comics and upgraded to the hardcovers?

Honestly I'm down regardless. I got vol 1 and the Moench Jones joint the other cat was talking about. My shelf is heavy at this point lol, and by collecting all these plus all the trades of storylines i got a decent chunk of Batman issues one way or another...at least more than I ever would have thought when I checked out knightfall vol 1 from the library a year ago...

There's a Breyfogle/Grant collection?! Awesome. That is going to the top of my wish list. Breyfogle and Grant created the Batman of my formative years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    For sentimental reasons and I just like the feel of old newsprint comic books ive still kept my collection of Breyfogle's issues, has anyone still retained their comics
    Yes . . .
    and upgraded to the hardcovers?
    . . . No.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    Awesome

I'm glad they made Vol 2.

Hopefully they make Vol.2 of Kelly Jones/Doug Moench too now. I love these collections.
    Does anybody know where Moench resolves his Black Mask tale? If he ever did... or does BM just show up in No Mans Land some years down the line?

BANNED

Awesome that they're coming out with this! I would argue that this next collection is truly the prime of the Grant / Breyfogle run: the remaining Detective issues, including the debut of Anarchy, some inspired one and done's, their homage to Detective Comics #27 (a retelling of "The Case of the Chemical Syndicate"), and one of Tim Drake's parent's deaths at the hands of the Obeah Man.

Hopefully there is room for a good amount of their Batman issues too, when they transitioned over to that title, and Tim took over the Robin role.

If I'm being greedy, it would be great if this volume collected the Elseworlds one-shot "Holy Terror" as well.

For sentimental reasons and I just like the feel of old newsprint comic books ive still kept my collection of Breyfogle's issues, has anyone still retained their comics and upgraded to the hardcovers?
    I still have my whole collection of the Breyfogle 'Tec and Batman runs at my parent's house. I know what you mean about the feel and look of the old newsprint--it looked great with the coloring processes of the time.

I posted on here when Breyfogle Vol 1 came out, how the high-gloss of the paper in the hardcover kind of took something away for me.

Either way, I will definitely be ordering this.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Does anybody know where Moench resolves his Black Mask tale? If he ever did... or does BM just show up in No Mans Land some years down the line?
    I beleive Brubaker revived him in Catwoman before No Man's Land.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Awesome that they're coming out with this! I would argue that this next collection is truly the prime of the Grant / Breyfogle run: the remaining Detective issues, including the debut of Anarchy, some inspired one and done's, their homage to Detective Comics #27 (a retelling of "The Case of the Chemical Syndicate"), and one of Tim Drake's parent's deaths at the hands of the Obeah Man.

Hopefully there is room for a good amount of their Batman issues too, when they transitioned over to that title, and Tim took over the Robin role.

If I'm being greedy, it would be great if this volume collected the Elseworlds one-shot "Holy Terror" as well.

I still have my whole collection of the Breyfogle 'Tec and Batman runs at my parent's house. I know what you mean about the feel and look of the old newsprint--it looked great with the coloring processes of the time.

I posted on here when Breyfogle Vol 1 came out, how the high-gloss of the paper in the hardcover kind of took something away for me.

Either way, I will definitely be ordering this.
    Aren't they reprinting all the Elseworlds at the minute anyway? It'll probably be in one of those volumes.