Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breyfogle Vol 2

Spectacular Member

The DC website suggests it will start from #448 which is the Penguin Affair...

https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...reyfogle-vol-2

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    The DC website suggests it will start from #448 which is the Penguin Affair...

https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...reyfogle-vol-2
    I don't believe there will be "DETECTIVE COMICS #608-621, BATMAN #448-459 and more."

26 issues plus covers plus "more" would result in 600+ pages and so far there's never been a LOTDK hardcover with that many pages. Vol. 1 had 520 pages.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    I don't believe there will be "DETECTIVE COMICS #608-621, BATMAN #448-459 and more."

26 issues plus covers plus "more" would result in 600+ pages and so far there's never been a LOTDK hardcover with that many pages. Vol. 1 had 520 pages.
    Apart from the Len Wein one which is 640 pages

Spectacular Member

Apart from the Len Wein one which is 640 pages
    Len Wein was a Tales Of The Batman release.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Anyone know what's gonna be in Vol 2? Solicit I saw read the same as vol 1
    Preview here

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...fogle-vol-2-hc

Spectacular Member

Cover now on amazon

Amazing Member

I want/need this so much. I really hope it is in stores next week.

I ordered this from instocktrades a few days ago. Cant wait til this comes; still wondering about the penguin affair
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Spectacular Member

I ordered this from instocktrades a few days ago. Cant wait til this comes; still wondering about the penguin affair
    Me too. Mine is due on Tuesday.
    What has annoyed me about previous collections is the inclusion of incomplete stories. Hopefully this will break with tradition as the DC website implies.

Spectacular Member

Mine arrived and as many suspected it only has the middle installment of the penguin affair.

Bizarrely the back cover says that all issues containing this story are included. It neglects to mention that it contains the cover only. I'm sure hard-core breyfogle fans may know this but casual buyers won't.
    So mines gone back to Amazon.

On the plus side dc are releasing a series of books covering the late 80s and early 90s comjcs: Batman the dark knight detective and Batman the caped crusader so later volumes of this may include the penguin affair

Mine arrived and as many suspected it only has the middle installment of the penguin affair.

Bizarrely the back cover says that all issues containing this story are included. It neglects to mention that it contains the cover only. I'm sure hard-core breyfogle fans may know this but casual buyers won't.
    So mines gone back to Amazon.

On the plus side dc are releasing a series of books covering the late 80s and early 90s comjcs: Batman the dark knight detective and Batman the caped crusader so later volumes of this may include the penguin affair
    Eh thats disappointing but pretty much what I figured. I got the floppies of the penguin affair (tho I havent read it yet) so I'm not too bent out of shape. Still would be good to have all in one place tho. But I get it, being an artist based collection.

I hope they keep going with those Caped Crusader and Dark Knight Detective volumes too

Spectacular Member

Eh thats disappointing but pretty much what I figured. I got the floppies of the penguin affair (tho I havent read it yet) so I'm not too bent out of shape. Still would be good to have all in one place tho. But I get it, being an artist based collection.

I hope they keep going with those Caped Crusader and Dark Knight Detective volumes too
    Yes though they are not exactly getting rush released. There is about one of each per year.

Yes though they are not exactly getting rush released. There is about one of each per year.
    Oh ok. Im currently working my way thru Tim Drakes evolution into Robin. First time thru I started with Knightfall. Its super interesting to do the history tho

Spectacular Member

"Being an artist based collection" is a very bad excuse for reprinting incomplete stories, IMO. What we really need are Bronze and Modern Age Omnibusses of this material (like Batman In Brave And The Bold). Until that happens, we'll see these stories scattered all over the place in a myriad of series, which is very unsatisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    "Being an artist based collection" is a very bad excuse for reprinting incomplete stories, IMO. What we really need are Bronze and Modern Age Omnibusses of this material (like Batman In Brave And The Bold). Until that happens, we'll see these stories scattered all over the place in a myriad of series, which is very unsatisfying.
    I guess your just a little more entitled than me. Im glad to have any of these collections