Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breyfogle Vol 2

Amazing Member

Holy Terror will be in Elseworlds: Batman vol. 3 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    Aren't they reprinting all the Elseworlds at the minute anyway? It'll probably be in one of those volumes.
    It already is
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rynprc View Post
    Holy Terror will be in Elseworlds: Batman vol. 3 next year.
    In addition, it's in Tales of the Batman: Alan Brennert, coming out next week or the week after. (Which everyone should buy, some great stuff in there.)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I beleive Brubaker revived him in Catwoman before No Man's Land.
    Brubaker's run on Catwoman was post-NML; Black Mask disappeared for awhile after Moench's run, then first popped back up in No Man's Land (with a totally different attitude/demeanor/personality than he had before).

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    In addition, it's in Tales of the Batman: Alan Brennert, coming out next week or the week after. (Which everyone should buy, some great stuff in there.)
    It's not so anticipated by me considering I feel like I have the best stories in existing trades already. They should do some Vol 2s or find those with a bigger body of work.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Poking around Amazon the last few months, it looks like the solicitation for Breyfogle Vol. 2 has disappeared. What gives, anyone know? Did DC decide not to publish this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Poking around Amazon the last few months, it looks like the solicitation for Breyfogle Vol. 2 has disappeared. What gives, anyone know? Did DC decide not to publish this?
    Actually, I did find a listing on Amazon today: https://www.amazon.com/Legends-Dark-.../dp/1401267637
    However, when I checked, it had
    Hardcover
    from $10,121.00

1 Used from $10,121.00

By the way, there have been quite a few tpb and hardcover collections that DC previously released early solicitation on that either get constantly delayed or just disappear; there have been a few Justice Society of America (pre-Geoff Johns) collections where that has happened.

Spectacular Member

I had an email to say this has been put back for a June release

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    I had an email to say this has been put back for a June release
    Better June than never!

Anyone know what's gonna be in Vol 2? Solicit I saw read the same as vol 1
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Spectacular Member

Amazon still.hasnt changed the listing

However I came across this on google: This volume collects DETECTIVE COMICS # 608-621, BATMAN #448-459 and more.

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG180632
    Last edited by riddler123; 09-16-2018 at 07:45 AM.

Spectacular Member

Another Amazon listing says DETECTIVE COMICS #608-621 and BATMAN #455-459:

https://www.amazon.com/Legends-Dark-...NORM+BREYFOGLE

... but that doesn't make much sense, because this would give us Penguin Affair Part II without Parts I and III.

The listing also says 524 pages. If this is correct, DC 608-621 and Batman 448-459 wouldn't fit, too (26 issues with 22 pages each = 572 plus covers = 600).

I guess we'll just have to wait and see ...
    Last edited by shaboo; 09-16-2018 at 10:44 AM.

I own all the issues, but please pick this up if your thinking about it. Norm can use all the help he can get.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Spectacular Member

I like these volumes but I am.not keen on incomplete stories so I will get it if it features all of the Penguin Affair. Otherwise I may need to wait until a later volume of The Dark night detective as they seem to be working their way through reprinting late 80s and early 90s stuff.

Spectacular Member

I have all the Legends of The Dark Knight and Tales of The Batman hardcovers, but DC's practice to include incomplete stories is idiotic and annoying. The least thing they could do is add some simple text pages explaining the context of the stories and the content of missing issues, but I bet we'll see not even this.

Breyfogle had nothing to do with the first and the last part of Penguin Affair (except for the covers of Batman #448 and #449), and I bet we'll get not a single page more than the middle part of this storyline.

I really hope I'll see some Batman Bronze (and Modern) Age Omnibus releases before I die ...