Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -Spidey-

Default Does Spiderman has a chance vs The flash?

I think The Flash has more chances to win against spiderman. But i don't think that spiderman doesnt even have a chance to win against The Flash.
    Check spiderman reflexes, speed and spider sense at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxwG0vyWsWk after 5:47. Watching this, i am not sure if spiderman couldnt dodge the flash. Any way it doesnt really matter!

spiderman can also dodge laser 3558864-3264570536-319907.jpeg.jpg

I also watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFwM5n3jC_Q its not impossible to hit The Flash, if arrow can, why spiderman cant?
    Last edited by -Spidey-; 06-30-2016 at 04:58 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The modern live-action TV version, which is rather heavily toned down from the feats the comic version has been able to pull off, Spider-Man could definitely have a chance against. Spider-Man's reaction time is pretty much speedster-level, even if his actual running speed tops out at 200mph, and with his spider-sense boosting his combat and situational awareness, he should be able to learn Flash's movement pattern fast enough to catch him. Of course, the one advantage Spider-Man has that the Flash doesn't is that Spider-Man is superhumanly strong, enough to press 10 tons on an average day and support much greater weights if pushed, and durable, though I'd say he's about on par with Flash in regards to accelerated healing, so he can tank a barrage of punches from the Flash much more easily than the Arrow could and dish out even greater damage with his superior strength if he can get the Flash to hold still with his webbing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The modern live-action TV version, which is rather heavily toned down from the feats the comic version has been able to pull off, Spider-Man could definitely have a chance against. Spider-Man's reaction time is pretty much speedster-level, even if his actual running speed tops out at 200mph, and with his spider-sense boosting his combat and situational awareness, he should be able to learn Flash's movement pattern fast enough to catch him. Of course, the one advantage Spider-Man has that the Flash doesn't is that Spider-Man is superhumanly strong, enough to press 10 tons on an average day and support much greater weights if pushed, and durable, though I'd say he's about on par with Flash in regards to accelerated healing, so he can tank a barrage of punches from the Flash much more easily than the Arrow could and dish out even greater damage with his superior strength if he can get the Flash to hold still with his webbing.
    Maybe a chance but only a slim one I think. TV Flash has gone from his lab at the CCPD to a building to catch Iris as she was falling off a high rise and then in between talking with her ran back up the building to disarm and tie up the criminals that were shooting at Iris.

He can do the whirlwind with his arm and the TV version can create a lightning blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Maybe a chance but only a slim one I think. TV Flash has gone from his lab at the CCPD to a building to catch Iris as she was falling off a high rise and then in between talking with her ran back up the building to disarm and tie up the criminals that were shooting at Iris.

He can do the whirlwind with his arm and the TV version can create a lightning blast.
    The lightning blast is a particularly awesome feat I haven't seen him do in the comics, exploiting the static charge he builds up when he runs. However, Spider-Man has been known to dodge lightning before, given all his encounters with Electro over the years, so as awesome as tossing lightning is for the Flash, it's old hat for Spidey. That aside, I do concede your point that it would be a slim chance of victory for Spider-Man against the modern live-action TV Flash, which is still more of a chance than he'd have against any of the original comic versions.

Probably not.

The Flash is too fast for Spider-Man, and the only way people have been able to beat him is by being very nasty (See Deathstroke in Identity Crisis.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Probably not.

The Flash is too fast for Spider-Man, and the only way people have been able to beat him is by being very nasty (See Deathstroke in Identity Crisis.)
    The comic version, nobody who isn't Superman or otherwise Kryptonian (or powered by Shazam the wizard, or Wonder Woman) has a chance of beating the Flash because with those exceptions listed, nobody in the DC or Marvel Universes has enough raw speed to even hope to tag the Flash. The modern live-action TV version, though, is significantly slower than the comic version, to the point that his speed tends to average at transonic (0.8 to 1.2 times the speed of sound) and peak at supersonic (up to 5 times greater than sound). Still impressive by most standards, though nowhere near the infinite speed that the Flash is known for in the original comics, and judging by the fight with Arrow the OP linked to, the key to standing a chance against the modern live-action TV Flash is to turn the environment against him and thus inhibit his movements, something Spider-Man can manage well enough by using his webs to trip and trap the Flash and attack from less-predictable angles.

Not a chance.
    What Huntsman Spider said about Flarrow-verse Flash is true though, he has a chance against that Flash.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Definitely

Flash isn't particularly GREAT at his powers. There is absolutely no way that ordinary people... or even superhuman people should ever be able to be legit threat to the Flash.

But they are.

Say what you want about Spidey... but he's a LOT more capable and a much bigger threat than a guy with a cold gun or a flamethrower or someone who throws boomerangs... but they've all been threats for years. They SHOULDN'T be... but they are.

As long as he has trouble with the Rogues, Spidey definitely 'has a chance'.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Comic Spidey can take Arrowverse Flash, they CAV'ed(vs battle w/ scans and feats) this w/ feats as well.Also he deals w/ Speedemon when he has an entire team w/ him, sometimes even multiple teams so he can take him.
    Not to mention how dumb that Flash is, there are videos showing how dumb the show/flash is counting every moment hours long, kinda fun to watch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Definitely

Flash isn't particularly GREAT at his powers. There is absolutely no way that ordinary people... or even superhuman people should ever be able to be legit threat to the Flash.

But they are.

Say what you want about Spidey... but he's a LOT more capable and a much bigger threat than a guy with a cold gun or a flamethrower or someone who throws boomerangs... but they've all been threats for years. They SHOULDN'T be... but they are.

As long as he has trouble with the Rogues, Spidey definitely 'has a chance'.
    Comic version is a slim chance w/ no plot armor, Peter also faces the same problem w/ his rogues who he can/has owned before.

Only way he beats Comic flash is w/ a lot of prep

Arrowverse Flash would probably stand around waiting for Spidey to web his legs up, yell out "What do I do?" and then need a pep talk to figure out how to do basic Hero stuff.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Yes he has a chance, Peter is a genius he would defintely figure out how to deal with Barry
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Arrowverse Flash would probably stand around waiting for Spidey to web his legs up, yell out "What do I do?" and then need a pep talk to figure out how to do basic Hero stuff.
    Yeah cause they are the flash not Barry. I give Peter a chance cause Batman managed to hit Reverse Flash all Peter need is one good punch without holding back. And don't stop punching
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Damn this thread got suddenly necromanced.

Anyways, Spidey wouldn't win, not without bullshit plot armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Probably not.

That one was so much bullshit... And somehow not even the worst moment in that fight lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So, between Arrowverse Flash, and Slott's Spidey, who do you think would win? Or rather, who would lose in the most humuliating way? .

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah cause they are the flash not Barry. I give Peter a chance cause Batman managed to hit Reverse Flash all Peter need is one good punch without holding back. And don't stop punching
    If you're talking about The Button fight, then it was a "Thawne was being a cocky ******* and got hit because of it" situation, even then Batman lost very badly.

Spidey defeated Quicksilver once when Quicksilver was running around him, and Spidey put his arm out to knock him out, which, was bullshit, even then Spidey was blatantly outclassed, and that kind of bullshit is the only way Spidey would have a chance against a DC speedster, so, y'know, plot armor lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-05-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Depends on the reach that spider-sense is interpreted to have in-universe. Notice how sometimes it's just enough to get out of harm's way and other times it's a "dread/danger aura" thing that goes on for hours?
    Technically as a form of low level precognition, you could handwave any dodging or actually nailing a speedster as simply anticipating patterns.

Still, "logic" says a virtually limitless speedster should be too much for Spider-Man. Octavius-as-SpOck once said Speed Demon was faster than spider-sense, so there you go.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Spidey defeated Quicksilver once when Quicksilver was running around him, and Spidey put his arm out to knock him out, which, was bullshit, even then Spidey was blatantly outclassed, and that kind of bullshit is the only way Spidey would have a chance against a DC speedster, so, y'know, plot armor lol.
    I agree he's not winning but you gonna act like Spidey hasn't taken out Speed demon(who's on par and even outspeed Quicksilver) multiple times even when he had multiple teams.Spidey vs quicksilver wasn't BS

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Depends on the reach that spider-sense is interpreted to have in-universe. Notice how sometimes it's just enough to get out of harm's way and other times it's a "dread/danger aura" thing that goes on for hours?
    Technically as a form of low level precognition, you could handwave any dodging or actually nailing a speedster as simply anticipating patterns.

Still, "logic" says a virtually limitless speedster should be too much for Spider-Man. Octavius-as-SpOck once said Speed Demon was faster than spider-sense, so there you go.
    He can dodge the first attack at best since Spidey sense gives him a warning before the attack and slows down time, but the second blow will land.

Also that's faulty logic, Ock had no experience w/ Spider-sense.Peter has used Spider-sense on Speed demon w/ multiple other teammates for decades.Peter is superior to Ock in every way, just because Ock can't don't something doesn't mean Peter can't.