Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Yeah, Civil War was a laugh-a-minute romp.
    That ending though, so hilarious! *cough*

I agree with the majority here, I don't see how Marvel Comics are too funny right now, at least not in those I follow.
    The opposite is the case actually. I really like how Laura Kinney is now much more fun and laid back for example.
    Or the only reason I still read New Avengers is because the humor saves the whole damn thing.

It should also be noted that the last few months were mostly pretty chill for a lot of Heroes like a calm before the storm that is CWII.

I also don't think the Movies are too funny. Dark, gritty and edgy doesn't fit most Superheroes who aren't meant to be that way in the first place (I'm pretty sure a Movie about the Ultimate Universe would suck) and the current balance seems about right for most MCU Movies. I guess the Thor franchise could use a bit more seriousness at times but then again it's about SpaceVikings so there is that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Exactly. It's almost as if there is key context here, or something.
    Exactly.

The scenes with Red Skull weren't intended to be goofy as they were quite unsettling IMO.

As for the movies, the criticism about the humor has become a lazy criticism. Civil War had one of the darker endings for any movie I've seen this year and with the exception of GoTG and Ant-man, none of Marvel's movies have had jokes from start to finish. Even if they did and the movie was good, I don't see where there's a problem.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-03-2016 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sustainentropy View Post
    So I picked up Captain America this week, and as a long time fan of I feel that the potential dramatic effect of explaining Cap's turn to Hydra was squandered for me by way too much humor in the book.
    The second issue of Cap had way more humor than the first issue. It made me chuckle a bit maybe...Falcon Cap is pretty serious though.

But if they start putting in jokes in the Inhumans book, then you'll see me go on a rant.

Spider-Woman is a book that really shouldn't be light-hearted though...

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Humour can go overboard. It's been my opinion for a long time that Byrne's She-Hulk ruined the character, and she really hasn't been taken seriously since. And I think it's horrible what GotG has become under Bendis and Hollywood.
    GOTG was already like that under Abnett...maybe not to the extent it is now but they were still clowning around in those books.

Now Drax is completely ruined I agree.

Disagree about She-Hulk though. Byrne did She-Hulk humor better than Deadpool does Deadpool humor.
    Last edited by LifeIsILL; 07-05-2016 at 07:28 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Spider-Woman only works because it's light-hearted.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I don't remember any of Spider-Woman's books being funny before...

Spider Woman is a one-woman comedy show for years now. She is serious when she has to be but fun when she can be. Especially when she is with the Avengers.
    Aka Skrull Hunting while thinking everybody hates her or getting revenge on Hydra are the moments when she is serious, other than that she ranks among characters like Spider-Man or Deadpool as a jokester.