Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    From the post above.

The Hard Cover only has Bendis' main story issues, #0 - 8, and the FCBD story. No Captain America books, or any tie-ins, so you get no impression Steve Rogers has been hard at work in the background like he was in the Oath.

No extra material from the tie-ins.
    Sorry hadn't noticed that had been asked just before me. I ask because I had just been looking at how Marvel repackaged CWI quite a lot. Especially those special reprints with the tie-ins weaved into them. Having felt the various tie-ins for CWII were of variable quality and sometimes off message completely I was hoping they would keep it simple at first.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Sorry hadn't noticed that had been asked just before me. I ask because I had just been looking at how Marvel repackaged CWI quite a lot. Especially those special reprints with the tie-ins weaved into them. Having felt the various tie-ins for CWII were of variable quality and sometimes off message completely I was hoping they would keep it simple at first.
    That's okay. I thought it would be something like that.

My copy of the CWI HC was the 2008 version, but printing number 5 (2011). Has something changed in HC since the latest rerelease?

Sorry about reigniting an old thread, but I think I may have mistaken the intention of Tony Stark in opposing the use of Ulysses by Carol Danvers.

I originally thought Tony just took an ambiguous opposing stance to Carol, and thought Bendis didn’t explain it very well when Tony went off half cocked in CW11#1, and just took it as a hero versus hero Event. Then today I picked up the two first issues of CW1 and 11, and compared how they started, and what struck me this time around was Tony’s stance with Ulysses. Tony was scared ****less that if Ulysses links Big Events to Superheroes, the world would get rid of all superheroes because that stops big events. (Read Tony’s example of Hulk mating with Ultron to form baby Hitler - so the Hulk had to eliminated). I also think Tony in CW1 had the same fear, and that’s why he deflected the SHRA away from completely rounding up all superheroes there and then, and putting them away. You know I’m talking about the comic, “The Watchmen”. I think CW1 was an attempt to do the “Watchmen” in the Marvel Universe, but Marvel never took that fatal step. Bendis took CW11 to the precipice again in CW11, and I think Tony was the only one who noticed “Watchmen” was going to be the end result, so he had to stop it.
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-30-2020 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Sorry about reigniting an old thread, but I think I may have mistaken the intention of Tony Stark in opposing the use of Ulysses by Carol Danvers.

I originally thought Tony just took an ambiguous opposing stance to Carol, and thought Bendis didn’t explain it very well when Tony went off half cocked in CW11#1, and just took it as a hero versus hero Event. Then today I picked up the two first issues of CW1 and 11, and compared how they started, and what struck me this time around was Tony’s stance with Ulysses. Tony was scared ****less that if Ulysses links Big Events to Superheroes, the world would get rid of all superheroes because that stops big events. (Read Tony’s example of Hulk mating with Ultron to form baby Hitler - so the Hulk had to eliminated). I also think Tony in CW1 had the same fear, and that’s why he deflected the SHRA away from completely rounding up all superheroes there and then, and putting them away. You know I’m talking about the comic, “The Watchmen”. I think CW1 was an attempt to do the “Watchmen” in the Marvel Universe, but Marvel never took that fatal step. Bendis took CW11 to the precipice again in CW11, and I think Tony was the only one who noticed “Watchmen” was going to be the end result, so he had to stop it.
    Beast told Carol in the last issue of CWII that Tony wasn’t really fighting against her, but against the person that came after her and how they might use and abuse Ulysses powers. Therefore you might be right. I like your take on it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-31-2020 at 01:28 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Beast told Carol in the last issue of CWII that Tony wasn’t really fighting against her, but against the person that came after her and how they might use and abuse Ulysses powers. Therefore you might be right. I like your take on it.
    Thanks Bud.