Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Civil War II (Spoilers)

I have been surprisingly impressed by the tie-ins for this Event. I picked some up just on curiosity, but found what looks like important new developments I never saw before. For instance, in Uncanny Inhumans there is a development where Karnak sneakily sabotages Stark Towers leading to interesting consequences against the Inhumans, as well as a threat to Medusas reign from within. Deadpools wife Shiklah is in the very same Monster Metropolis that was transferred from Battleworld. And Totally Awesome Hulk now becomes a wish come true, from the time Amadeus Cho first related himself to Hulk in Amazing Fantasy #15, so long ago before CWI, yet, is going to really find out what it's like to be the Hulk even though he has accurate anticipatory throwing. And there are others that I have not mentioned as well.

Marvel were right in that the tie-ins are fleshing out the CWII Event more than the lacklustre main book has to date, (though we expect that to change with issue #3). This Event is affecting the wider ANAD community the further this thing goes along. Though the main book is planting the seeds, the creators of the regular lines are really taking hold of these developments and making changes to their status quos. Just this one spark of precog visions being implanted into the ANAD has opened up so many plot opportunities now, that maybe MARVEL NOW could be something to look forward too.

I think CWII is building.

I have to ask, do the original Illuminati still have those hand communicators? If they do, I'd like to see them call a meeting, suddenly, to expose something rather sensational.
    Last edited by jackolover; 06-30-2016 at 08:08 PM.

I just listened to the Civil War II podcast by Bendis and it made me compare the difference between characters from CW1 and CW2.
    I found that there were 14?people that are different in CW2 either by absence or inclusion. Certainly it changes the dynamics because Carol takes the role Tony used to have, and Tony takes the role Steve used to have. And Steve is Hydra, like Robert Redford from the CW movie. In one sense, Steve Rogers is the worlds greatest enemy, as Nick Spencer says in his podcast.

And Bendis says CW2 is about 2 things: Profiling and Personal accountability.

Profiling due to the Inhuman precog, who is seeing visions of what people are doing. He points the finger at anybody he likes and says they are doing something wrong. No comeback, no reasons. What you are going to do, that's going to be your profile.

Personal Accountability, because it's about everything you say is important. In this case, if you arrest someone, it better be for a good reason or people are going to come down hard on you. So Carol, if she does act on a Ulysses vision, better have a damn good reason, or the law will deal with her. And conversely Tony kidnaping and torturing Uysses will have the law come down on him.

So you have this building of the story, that once you get this opportunity to do something good, you also have to do something bad. So how are they going to resolve it? Continue using precog visions, or just lock him away so you just don't know? Ulysses remains me of Nostrodamus, who was still alive in 1960 during the Old SHIELD saga by Hickman.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-03-2016 at 05:04 AM.

Wow, profiling in America right now has just become a front page headline. And there's Marvel, again, right at the forefront with their CWII story just as its exploding in the streets of Dallas.

I'm happy with New Avengers, Captain Marvel and Ultimates tie-ins. They give some more depth and new developments without trumping the main story.

Mighty Member

For instance, in Uncanny Inhumans there is a development where Karnak sneakily sabotages Stark Towers leading to interesting consequences against the Inhumans, as well as a threat to Medusas reign from within.
    Stop peddling this **** that objectively DID NOT HAPPEN

This is literally, unquestionably false.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Stop peddling this **** that objectively DID NOT HAPPEN

This is literally, unquestionably false.
    Well, it's my speculation and I'm happy with it. And this speculation of mine does point to the shock on Medusas face meaning somebody in the Inhumans is defying her rule, putting the Inhumans at risk of attack for attacking Stark Tower. THAT DID HAPPEN.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-08-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Well, it's my speculation and I'm happy with it. And this speculation of mine does point to the shock on Medusas face meaning somebody in the Inhumans is defying her rule, putting the Inhumans at risk of attack for attacking Stark Tower. THAT DID HAPPEN.
    Yes, it did, but right now the only people we know for sure are involved in bringing down Stark Tower are Triton and Maximus. You can continue speculating that Karnak is behind all of this, but if you don't mention it's speculation anyone reading this thread who hasn't read Uncanny Inhumans is going to get the wrong impression of what we've actually seen happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
    Yes, it did, but right now the only people we know for sure are involved in bringing down Stark Tower are Triton and Maximus. You can continue speculating that Karnak is behind all of this, but if you don't mention it's speculation anyone reading this thread who hasn't read Uncanny Inhumans is going to get the wrong impression of what we've actually seen happen.
    It's how I see what I'm reading. If you can't understand that, then you haven't done any speculating yourself. People disagree with what I see, and that's okay, but don't come on here and try to stop me writing it how I see it.

I was a little surprised to hear the words "Civil War" mentioned in reference to the troubles with BLC, in a report coming from New York, while Bendis is actually writing about Civil War II on the comic shop stands, about profiling. That was eery.

(Just on another note, there is a Black Panther comic book just starting up, as there is mention of the New Black Panthers, and I never knew about this group until this trouble with BLC).
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-11-2016 at 01:29 AM.

But as others have said, what you are suggesting about Karnak is speculation, it hadn't been confirmed. Yes, you can have your vision of how things happened, but it hadn't been confirmed, so your vision is a speculation and it looks like you are forcing your vision and speculation on others.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 07-11-2016 at 04:44 AM.

I'm not sure where to put this but if you are avoiding spoilers for #3 avoid twitter even now. Marvel leaked the death to press again ahead of the release. Won't say who it is because not sure where line is for saying it right now till midnight.

BANNED

It wasn't marvel it was 4chan again, won't spoil it at all. Just avoid 4 Chan, twitter Facebook and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    It wasn't marvel it was 4chan again, won't spoil it at all. Just avoid 4 Chan, twitter Facebook and everything.
    It hadn't been on twitter all day from what I saw and daily news story popped up in last hour.

Sorry I realized I should have not quoted with link and was editing it when it got deleted. Yeah its spoiler no matter who decides to spoil it. Marvel's MO last few years to do this right before release to drum up sales.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 07-12-2016 at 07:21 PM.

I like that Tony Stark asked Carol Danvers, "which one of us are you going after next"? I could see Carol was just as shocked that Hawkeye shot Banner, so Carol couldn't be considered involved with this takedown. What Stark seems to be implying is "that more of these situations are going to be appearing on the horizon, so what are you going to do about it, so this doesn't happen those next times"?

I can't see how Clint isn't given a guilty verdict. Tony said he knew the verdict, as though he was suggesting Clint was going to be aquitted, but I think he should be found guilty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I like that Tony Stark asked Carol Danvers, "which one of us are you going after next"? I could see Carol was just as shocked that Hawkeye shot Banner, so Carol couldn't be considered involved with this takedown. What Stark seems to be implying is "that more of these situations are going to be appearing on the horizon, so what are you going to do about it, so this doesn't happen those next times"?

I can't see how Clint isn't given a guilty verdict. Tony said he knew the verdict, as though he was suggesting Clint was going to be aquitted, but I think he should be found guilty.
    Given that it was the HULK that he took down. You know the Very monster that caused more property damage to the US in all of his existence ?

I would think that given Clint's Avenger status and how the government feels about the Hulk and his past, that all charges are dropped, just like a real life police trial experience.