Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Amazing Spider-Man, #15

• "Power Play" comes to its rousing conclusion!
    • Regent's master plan is working until Mary Jane Watson gets into the fray!

Full article here.

Amazing Member

I'm so looking forward to this. I hope Mary Jane keeps the suit.

I love that slott called back to mary jane with the armor and spider-powers. but there's one major plot hole that's hindering this story.

I get that he wants to make a call back to the secret wars story with regent but HOW and WHEN did regent find the time to capture all these heroes, How did he beat iceman? hyperion? all the ultimates, avengers, inhumans and such. I mean there's waaay too many heroes in this story for it not to have tied in with other books. The x-men have too many people to be taken down alone. How did he catch quicksilver or beat dr.voodoo's magic?

It just doesn't make any sense. It's like you blink and suddenly he's taken over the world as if by magic. I really wish we would've gotten more character moments from Augustus roman so that the he can feel like a worthy villian but as off now it feels really cheap how he got to where he is.

"My family died when powered people were fighting so naturally I took over the world by Beating EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM in one night" "Oh, and I apparently prioritize the heroes because I'd rather there be villains with powers running around out there while I keep the heroes in cells"
    I do Comic Art here! - http://iconiciceblog.tumblr.com/

I have unrealistic expectations for MJ in the IronSpider suit. I'm really hoping this isn't just a temporary gimmick, as it feels like they might actually be onto something this time (experiment enough and something will end up right, right?)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Ice-Guy View Post
    I love that slott called back to mary jane with the armor and spider-powers. but there's one major plot hole that's hindering this story.

I get that he wants to make a call back to the secret wars story with regent but HOW and WHEN did regent find the time to capture all these heroes, How did he beat iceman? hyperion? all the ultimates, avengers, inhumans and such. I mean there's waaay too many heroes in this story for it not to have tied in with other books. The x-men have too many people to be taken down alone. How did he catch quicksilver or beat dr.voodoo's magic
    Well we don't know if he's taken that many heroes. I'd say unless they are referenced in the dialog or we see them in the Regents containers it's reasonable to assume that they are still free but unavailable. Even with the main heroes he's collected I don't think it's too much of problem, I mean Kurt Busiek had Kang take over the world for a while and put most of the heroes into camps in his acclaimed Avengers run without a single mention in another book. Around the same time Graviton pretty much held most of the super hero community hostage in Thunderbolts and not long after Magneto took over New York in Grant Morrisson's X-Men.

Fantastic Member

So uhhh... sure it's better than nothing, but without super powers isn't that suit little more than a set of Doc Ock arms with webshooters (which, without super strength, tends to result in dislocated shoulders)?

If memory serves, it has active camouflage and communications tech, but it's not really "armor."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Teek; 07-01-2016 at 02:01 AM.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Well we don't know if he's taken that many heroes. I'd say unless they are referenced in the dialog or we see them in the Regents containers it's reasonable to assume that they are still free but unavailable. Even with the main heroes he's collected I don't think it's too much of problem, I mean Kurt Busiek had Kang take over the world for a while and put most of the heroes into camps in his acclaimed Avengers run without a single mention in another book. Around the same time Graviton pretty much held most of the super hero community hostage in Thunderbolts and not long after Magneto took over New York in Grant Morrisson's X-Men.
    This Kang story sounds amazing. What issue/arc is that?

Incredible Member

Hopefully this shuts plenty of people up about the "misuse" of MJ. She will ultimately save the day and prove her worth.

Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by teumessianfox89 View Post
    This Kang story sounds amazing. What issue/arc is that?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kang_Dynasty

The Kang Dynasty, from volume 3. And it was pretty damn great.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I have unrealistic expectations for MJ in the IronSpider suit. I'm really hoping this isn't just a temporary gimmick, as it feels like they might actually be onto something this time (experiment enough and something will end up right, right?)
    I on the otherhand fully expect this to be temporary for the character of Mary Jane and just part of a good story. Not every character needs to end up in a superhero costume. Some just need to stay normal and provide a balance with all these superheroes jumping around destroying everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    So uhhh... sure it's better than nothing, but without super powers isn't that suit little more than a set of Doc Ock arms with webshooters (which, without super strength, tends to result in dislocated shoulders)?

If memory serves, it has active camouflage and communications tech, but it's not really "armor."
    I suppose they'll handwave it as an upgraded version which provides increased strength and durability. Did the Scarlet Spider Initiative clones have enhanced stats while wearing the suits?
    Last edited by Webhead; 07-01-2016 at 11:18 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I suppose they'll handwave it as an upgraded version which provides increased strength and durability. Did the Scarlet Spider Initiative clones have enhanced stats while wearing the suits?
    Yeah, to a certain degree, the modified Iron Spider Armors worn by the Initiative Scarlet Spiders were said to increase their strength and agility in addition to the protection they already offered, as the modifier knew they were going to operatives that didn't have Spider-Man's powers but were instead taught by Taskmaster to duplicate his moves to the best of peak human ability.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

iMan 42s

If Bendis wrote this everyone would be flipping their lids over the heroes in those containers. Seriously, how did he manage to get Hyperion? Following that I'm pretty sure he wouldn't need anymore powers since the guy (Hyperion) managed to survive a destructing reality. How did he get him, and how much power does this guy really need following that?

At any rate I doubt this will be mentioned outside of this book. If MJ saves the day then it needs to be really convincing.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vonfaustus View Post
    I on the otherhand fully expect this to be temporary for the character of Mary Jane and just part of a good story. Not every character needs to end up in a superhero costume. Some just need to stay normal and provide a balance with all these superheroes jumping around destroying everything.
    Seconded...I don't like the trend to make every good civilian character into a superhero...hell, they even had Commissioner Gordon become Batman...it is totally unnecessary.

That said, I might feel differently about this particular example if we didn't already have like 15 different spiderwomen running around right now (including Spidergwen).

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Seconded...I don't like the trend to make every good civilian character into a superhero...hell, they even had Commissioner Gordon become Batman...it is totally unnecessary.

That said, I might feel differently about this particular example if we didn't already have like 15 different spiderwomen running around right now (including Spidergwen).

The current Spidey infestation problem is probably the best arguement against this happening. There has been tons of experimenting this last year though, so I don't mind them cashing in on something if it works. Heck they kept on less with Spider-Gwen