Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

X-men treated with respect, Laura stays wolverine, and the flag ship X book goes twice a monthThe inhuman's become a game of thrones like story dealing with the Royal family trying to unite and fight other inhuman city's Doctor Doom solo book One more day never happened Price drop
    Last edited by Dthirds123; 07-01-2016 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Wasp in the actual Avengers team. Janet I mean.
    I want that as well.

I'm assuming this is kind of a "wish list" thread? Well, based on that assumption...

• Steve gets his shield back and restored to Steve Rogers (not this Hydra Steve)
    • An Avengers title featuring the core and/or classic group of Avengers, Cap, Iron Man, Wasp, Thor, Ant/Giant-Man, Hulk, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver.
    • I think a mentor like comic in which the younger heroes get mentored by the older ones would be kind of neat. Kind of like A+X in where every issue would focus on a different mentor and protege, but have them be about three or four issue runs before going to another mentor and protege.
    • No more events every summer. Every few years is fine.
    • No more relaunches.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I specifically didn't want a Marvel NOW 2.0. The first one was dreadful. Stop with the rebranding.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I want that as well.

I'm assuming this is kind of a "wish list" thread? Well, based on that assumption...

• Steve gets his shield back and restored to Steve Rogers (not this Hydra Steve)
    • An Avengers title featuring the core and/or classic group of Avengers, Cap, Iron Man, Wasp, Thor, Ant/Giant-Man, Hulk, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver.
    • I think a mentor like comic in which the younger heroes get mentored by the older ones would be kind of neat. Kind of like A+X in where every issue would focus on a different mentor and protege, but have them be about three or four issue runs before going to another mentor and protege.
    • No more events every summer. Every few years is fine.
    • No more relaunches.
    I'd be in heaven if that were to happen!

Also I love your idea of the mentors and proteges. This would have a ton of potential IMO, and would be a nice way to develop new characters in a more organic way.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post

Also I love your idea of the mentors and proteges. This would have a ton of potential IMO, and would be a nice way to develop new characters in a more organic way.
    That idea wasnīt more or less the same that it was Avengers Academy book some few years ago?

I wanted more Elektra, and it looks like I'll be getting that.

BANNED

At least 60 issues before another damn relaunch. $2.99 price point. Fewer adjective titles, more variety in team names and line-ups. Less event rubbish, and no more line-wide events.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I wanted more Elektra, and it looks like I'll be getting that.
    I think itīs weird that with Daredevilīs Netflix season two, we havenīt had a Elektra solo book or at least revitalize Blackman/Del Mundo book that it was amazing but only lasted 11 issues.

Ok, let's do this.

In general, I wouldn't relaunch as much, unless there were some drastic changes in directio and/or creative team.
    I'd also avoid too many crossover. The focus should be on strenghtening the individual books and letting them tell their own stories.
    Interconnectivity between titles (especially those in the same "family") would still be a big thing, but not to the point where one has to buy another book to understant what's going on in the one they're actually interested in.

As for the books and more specific ideas, here's the ones I can think of:

- Sam Wilson getting a big push as Falcon. Make him matter as much as Cap. If Marvel can up the popularity of the Falcon identity, they'll give him a much more permanent role. I feel he already has a strong premise as a socially conscious hero, so I'd keep that angle and just make a part of the Falcon brand. I'd keep the large supporting cast. Sam should be a central character in the MU and have ample connections. Misty Knight would continue as his partner, Patriot (Elijah Bradley) would be his new sidekick (I'm really not feeling the new Falcon). I'd also have Nighthawk as the Punisher to Sam's Daredevil. They both share similar ideas, but Nighthawk is much more extreme. Falcon vs. Nighthawk could be one big blockbuster arc.
    - Ms. America would get a solo.
    - Invincible Iron Man would continue as it was before Civil War. Tony still Iron Man and David Marquez on art.
    - International Iron Man would become International Iron Men and focus on Rhodey (not dead, obviously) and a small squad of War Machines going on international missions to fight terrorism and prevent armed conflicts between nations. A book about military actions and the effects they have on innocent lives. Ideally, someone like Tom King would write if he wasn't exclusive to DC.
    - I'd change Hawkeye's creative team and change the title to Hawkeyes so Kate can be a true co-star.
    - Clint and Songbird become the new leaders of the Thunderbolts initiative to help rehabilitate villains: Titania and Absorbing Man, Nightshade, Ghost, Black Ant, Diadmondback, plus an scheming Moonstone as the main antagonist.
    - The New Avengers would be Kate Bishop, Patriot, White Tiger, Power Man, Hulkling, Wiccan and Stinger (Cassie Lang). They'd be full-on Avengers, acting independently as a more proactive unit.
    - I'd relaunch Avengers Academy and have it focus on Hank Pym and Firestar mentoring the new kids: Ms. Marvel, Nova, Miles Morales, Riri, Hulk (Cho) and Wasp. Big focus on classic villains and stories.
    - The main Avengers book would be about the older heroes acting as Earth's Mightiest Heroes again: Cap, Falcon, Iron Man, Thor (Jane), Wasp, Vision, Scarlet Witch and Noh-Varr as the fresh perspective and POV.
    - Ultimates would continue unchanged: Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ms America, Spectrum, Blue Marvel and guest-stars.
    - The Unity Squad would become the new X-factor. A team truly in the middle of Avengers and X-men with a little Inhumans thrown in. They'd be about keeping peace and making sure everyone can work together. The team would be: Rogue, Quicksilver (still Magneto's son), Polaris, Wonder Man, Beast (back to being fun), Voodoo and Psynapse.

About the X-men:
    They kind of need a Rebirth treatment because they've gone too far off the concept of fighting for the dream. I'd send the O5 back to where they came from and bring back old favorites like Logan and Jean.
    - Launch an X-MEN book about the big names going back to the core concept. Storm and Cyclops as co-leaders of a team featuring Jean Grey, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Magik. They'd be the face of the X-men.
    - Launch a new X-MEN: LEGACY about Kitty Pryde and Emma Frost trying to run the school together. This would be the place for young characters like Anole, Armor, Rockslide, Pixie, etc.
    - X-FORCE would be about Magneto's team. They'd realize acting in public was doing no good to the cause, so they go covert. Psylocke, Gambit, Frenzy, Archangel, Sabretooth etc.
    - NEW MUTANTS: Moonstar leads a team of young heroes trying to make a difference to mutants who live in dire conditions across the globe. Because not all problems can be solved by stopping a villain or sending someone to Xavier's school. Cast: Moonstar, Warpath, Prodigy, Surge, Dust, Husk and Chamber.
    - CABLE & DOMINO: Team-up book with a little Boom-Boom thrown in
    - DAZZLER: About Alison Blaire trying to rise back to stardom. Supporting cast: Northstar, Pixie, A-Force etc.
    - ALL-NEW EXILES: Sage, Bishop, Rachel Grey, Ultimate Pryde, Blink, AU Captain Britain Elizabeth Braddock and Old Man Logan. The ultimate team of X-men trying to fix Extinction level threats to mutants across the multiverse.
    - LOGAN: Back, solo, and on the road. No flashy costumes, a quiet character examination.
    - ALL-NEW WOLVERINE: Basically the same as it is. Laura growing in her new role as Wolverine.

Books I'd keep mostly the same:
    Captain America: Steve Rogers, Black Widow, Black Panther, Captain Marvel (keep the direction but get a consistent writing team), Ms. Marvel, Unbeatable Squirrel-Girl, Astonishing Ant-Man, Totally Awesome Hulk, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Daredevil, Punisher, Moon Knight, Doctor Strange, Mighty Thor, Spider-Woman (move her to the UK so she can have weird detective adventure there and explore her past), Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man, Deadpool, Mercs for Money (add Silver Sable to the team), Totally Awesome Hulk, Amazing Spider-Man, Daredevil, Punisher, Uncanny Inhumans etc

My personal wish list:

Peter & MJ marriage restored. The return of the FF. Banner back as the Hulk. Namor series. Odinson series. Steve with his round shield back & a uniform closer to his original. A team up book.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

A Midnight Sons book. Position the Midnight Sons as the premier supernatural and horror hero team book with Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, Blade, Werewolf By Night, Elsa Bloodstone, Jennifer Kale and Damien Helllstrom making up the core roster.

Morbius, Brother Voodoo, Daytripper and Nico Minoru could also join

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I want that as well.

An Avengers title featuring the core and/or classic group of Avengers, Cap, Iron Man, Wasp, Thor, Ant/Giant-Man, Hulk, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver.
    We are long overdue seeing the classic Avengers all together again in one book. A decent classic avengers book would probably sell by the boat load.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 07-01-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Longer runs on books. I really hate how often everything is being rebooted.

I'd also like them to be the same price as DC books but I don't think that'll ever happen.

Titles-wise, I'd love:

Blade- i'd really like to get that Blade book we were promised like a year ago; it sounded so fun.
    Supernatural Avengers- Doctor Strange, Hellstorm, Shaman, Elsa Bloodstone, Cullen Bloodstone, Agatha Harkness.
    Ghost Rider- Robbie Reyes is one of Marvel's best creations in recent memory, they should totally bring him back.

The mystic side of the MU has serious potential and it's baffling that they aren't taking advantage of these characters.

Young Avengers- Ms America Chavez, Wiccan, Hulkling, Vin and Viv (Vision's children), Nico Minoru, Ben Reilly (he'd make a triumphant return at the end of the 1st arc).
    New Avengers- Ms Marvel, Miles Morales, Wasp (Nadia Pym), Nova, Kate Bishop, Amadeus Cho Hulk, Riri.

Solo's for:

Namor
    Captain Britain (even a 6-issue mini series would satisfy me at this point)
    Cyclops (adult version)
    Ms America Chavez
    Iceman (could only be a limited series. I just want him to get a bit more character development after coming out)
    Last edited by cheesebiggins; 07-01-2016 at 11:59 AM.

[Avengers]: A team book I actually care about next to Uncanny Avengers, maybe featuring X-23 as Wolverine and/ or Jessica Drew.
    For more look further below. (Hint: Secret)

[Thor]: Odinson becomes Thor again sooner or later. With no disrespect against Jane FosThor, I still can't get behind her books and it speaks volumes that the best Mighty Thor Issues were the ones featuring the old Thor in a flashback told by Loki.

[Spider Woman, Mockingbird, All New Wolverine]: Continue them the way they are now. Those are probably my favourite books at the moment.

[Hawkeye]: Give Clint another shot at a solobook (with a new writer AND artist), just make it good this time. I'm still not over how bad All New Hawkeye was and how hard Lemire tried to establish Kate as his hardboiled counterpart.
    Scrap her from the next book completely, I love her but Clint is (Fractions Masterwork aside) better off alone and the next writer should also remember that he isn't just Mr nice guy but also a serious badass who can hold his own in a battle just fine.

Kate on the other Hand can join a (good) teambook or get her own Spin Off.

[Secret Avengers]: Resurrect it with the same cast and the same creative team as the last one. I loved it.

For anything else I'll wait until Civil War II is over I guess.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 07-01-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post

I think so. You could go one of two ways. 1) Have the similar themed heroes together, like Cap and Patriot, Cap M and Ms. M, etc etc. Or 2) Have it be almost like random. Like Captain America and Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel and (Natalia) Wasp. It could give a chance to explore some relationships that could otherwise go unexplored.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    That idea wasn't more or less the same that it was Avengers Academy book some few years ago?
    Avengers Academy was more like the original X-men. An actual school that was also super-heroing. I'm thinking more like a "Big Brother, Big Sister" kind of thing.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Longer runs, fewer relaunches, and a lower price point would be nice.

I would like to read an international avengers book. The MU is so NY centric, it's strange.

Cosmic marvel has been a shell of itself for years. I like silver surfer, but I'm a little tired of the goofy sci fi, I would like a little more meat.