View Poll Results: Who Are Your Favourite Canadian Characters?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wolverine

34 46.58%
  • Sabretoothe

10 13.70%
  • Deadpool

19 26.03%
  • Northstar

27 36.99%
  • Sasquatch

10 13.70%
  • Guardian (James Hudson)

8 10.96%
  • Snowbird

14 19.18%
  • Aurora

15 20.55%
  • Vindicator (Heather Hudson)

10 13.70%
  • Puck

19 26.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Dudley Dooright of course! Why isn't he at the top of the list. At least he has a real uniform. Not like the rest of these cos players.

Hands down, Guardian (James Hudson).An everyman kind of personality, cool powers, that he gave himself, and one of the best costume designs ever. But all the original Alpha Flight are great characters. Not a fan of the most "popular " ones such as Wolverine, Sabretooth and Deadpool. Also don't care much for Heather as a super-hero.

Peace

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Hands down, Guardian (James Hudson).An everyman kind of personality, cool powers, that he gave himself, and one of the best costume designs ever. But all the original Alpha Flight are great characters. Not a fan of the most "popular " ones such as Wolverine, Sabretooth and Deadpool. Also don't care much for Heather as a super-hero.

Peace
    Last year I created a poll for favourite Canadian characters aside from Wolverine, Sabretoothe and Deadpool because I assumed those three were the most popular. I didn't realize that some members of Alpha Flight are more popular than them.

BANNED

I didn't know Deadpool is Canadian until I saw this thread

Despite the PoS character he has become recently, I can't deny how awesome Wolverine was. So I voted Wolverine. Then realized it was multiple choice, otherwise I'd have voted for Northstar, as well.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I didn't know Deadpool is Canadian until I saw this thread
    Deadpool says he's from Regina Saskatchewan in the Deadpool movie. Maybe some people thought it was just supposed to be a joke because of the pronunciation of the city of "Regina", but he is actually Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Despite the PoS character he has become recently, I can't deny how awesome Wolverine was. So I voted Wolverine. Then realized it was multiple choice, otherwise I'd have voted for Northstar, as well.
    Yeah, I used to really like Wolverine but I didn't vote for him in this poll myself. I voted Sabretoothe, Northstar and Deadpool.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

I voted for Deadpool, Wolverine, Sabretooth (although I prefer the Earth-295 or Age of Apocalypse to the Earth-616 version), Sasquatch and Puck. If I had to narrow it down Deadpool & AOA Sabretooth make my top ten marvel characters in general, after that would be Wolvie then the rest

Northstar and Aurora. Obviously.

She's not a Marvel character, but Nelvana of the Northern Lights is pretty great. She was a WWII superhero. The first Canadian superhero, and one of the first female superheroes. And while I find most Golden Age comics to be terrible, ugly, unreadable crap, I actually enjoyed the Nelvana comics. I'd love it if someone bought the rights to the character and started making new adventures for her. She's a good character who deserves the attention.

what happened to Windshear? Bring him back in the Black Panther book.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I think he was one of the mutants depowered on M Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Last we saw him was Logan Legacy #2. He lost his powers on M-Day, but he still does his hero thing in Toronto, using gadgets now. He was also dying of leukemia.

I'm definitely not surprised to see Wolverine in first place. And I'm glad to see how popular Northstar is.

BANNED

One of the most notable things to me about the list is the gap between the haves (Wolvie, Deadpool Sabretooth) and the have nots (everyone else) in terms of push, usage etc. I know a lot of these characters are fan popular but aside from the big three they are not so much publisher popular. There is no regular second string hero there who has had a shot at their own comic a couple of times and is a frequent Avenger or anything like that.